over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pekkerwood Heart Update

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Background: I had congestive heart failure in late April, followup visit in two months showed no improvement. Ejection fraction, the portion of blood the heart ejects of is total volume, was measured at between 15 and 20. Normal is 60. Had used test, growth etc for years.

Update: Have shown a good improvement. Ejection fraction is 40 halfway back to normal. Followup visit in four months. Increased medications again. Still cannot workout other than 30 min casual walks. I certainly feel that I am on the right path.

Although I realize we don't necessarily like to hear the health troubles of others, I do appreciate your thoughts and kind words.

Pekkerwood

It's nice to hear your improving after all that. Good luck and hope you can get back to gym going level!:)

That's great news. Too bad you will never know what caused the problem. Did they mention to you that sometimes it can be a bacterial or viral infection you had?
Have you tried exercising, lifting weights on your own now that you are back up to 40%? I know someone that was sitting at about 42% and they were able to continue bodybuilding like normal and then eventually got theirs up over 60%. SOunds like you are on the road to recovery!

I don't know you, but I am really glad to hear that you are seeing some improvements. Here's to a full (or at least close to full) recovery!

More Info...

That's great news. Too bad you will never know what caused the problem. Did they mention to you that sometimes it can be a bacterial or viral infection you had?
Have you tried exercising, lifting weights on your own now that you are back up to 40%? I know someone that was sitting at about 42% and they were able to continue bodybuilding like normal and then eventually got theirs up over 60%. SOunds like you are on the road to recovery!

Thanks PinJammer for you kind thoughts.

Maldorf: They are no longer looking for the cause and that does suck. I personally feel like I could train but he doesn't even really want me walking for exercise for a while. I am not going to test it right now and quite frankly when and if I do go back I am going to make some pretty significant changes. Was regularly 265 or so and I am going to try to stay below 220.

Pekkerwood

Hey Pekkerwood, You are a member of this community, of course we need to hear about problems. It is the only way we can help if we can. I am pleased to hear there is improvement. This is a good sign. We can only hope that this continues. I am of the opinion that Dr's do not always know what is best. They are telling you to do nothing, but I have seen and read studies on heart patients that contradict what they are telling you. Yes a gradual and slow return to activites is recommended, push it, absolutely not. I think you are on the right track and will be back to the gym at some stage. maybe not setting any world records but at least back to some decent training. Good news bro.:)

Pekkerwood, that's great news. I hope you keep improving and things continue to move in that good direction. I believe they will.

Background: I had congestive heart failure in late April, followup visit in two months showed no improvement. Ejection fraction, the portion of blood the heart ejects of is total volume, was measured at between 15 and 20. Normal is 60. Had used test, growth etc for years.

Update: Have shown a good improvement. Ejection fraction is 40 halfway back to normal. Followup visit in four months. Increased medications again. Still cannot workout other than 30 min casual walks. I certainly feel that I am on the right path.

Although I realize we don't necessarily like to hear the health troubles of others, I do appreciate your thoughts and kind words.

Pekkerwood

you said normal is 60%? Mine was measured at 50 %, and doc said i have nothing to worry about.
Do you have any symptoms now when you are back to 40%? Why exactly arent you able train? How does your BP and HR look like relaxed and during activity?

Thanks...

Thanks Old Fella, I was merely alluding to the fact that in most cases "Out of sight, out of mind". Meaning that while most of us want to continue our "activities" there are real potential consequences we cannot ignore. As one of the "older" fellas as well I almost think we have a duty to share the long term effects both positive and negative of our experiences in the game. BTW my doctor cleared me to seek HRT and I am going Tuesday.

Thanks Brick, Old Fella, Stanio and all. For most heart conditions that were caused by blockages that were repaired, you certainly want to start exercise regimes. I believe it is because of the unknown nature of my damage (bacteria/virus/blood pressure/sleep apnea/steroids/growth/bad luck?) that he does not want me to exercise. He described my heart problem like a torn hamstring, for it to heal the less you do while it is injured the better.

For the question about how I feel, I do feel like I could train, but I do believe that the higher blood pressures during lifting could certainly harm my recovery from the "remodeling" of my heart. I certainly am willing to wait another four months. I will do light cardio (walk my dogs). I do feel that I would get a little tired but I can't attribute it to the heart only as I have not worked out in 4.5 months. I may just be a slob!

As to the question about 50%. I do feel that is in the bottom in of the normal range and for most people will not pose a problem. I also had better functionality at 15 ef than some did at 45 ef. As we all know our bodies are different and react to things differently, none of these numbers are absolutes, just derived statistical guesses that should be considered a "range". Its always YMMV.

I will say I am VERY HAPPY to be out of transpant range!

Thank guys,

Pekkerwood

Hopefully that HRT will help you recover even more, I believe testosterone has been shown to have positive effects on the heart. I am sure you are very relieved to be out of the transplant range!!!

Hey PW, it's just really good to hear that positive things are happening. I remember your initial thread about this and man that was scary stuff for sure. Now the improvements are coming in and you will get back to training one day soon. HRT will help with this! Keep the updates flowing brother. We are all pulling for ya!

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Peckerwood.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear