over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Plyometric-dog-walking-park exercise ideas

aquaholic

Banned
Over the past couple of weeks, my usual dog sitter has been on vacay, and I've been missing my usual after work gym session, to rush home to the dogs ...

I know I'm not taking advantage of the beautiful weather, and our nightly walks to the off the leash dog park.

Does anyone have any favorite plyo work that can be done between throws of the ball for the dogs?

I jogged home with the piglets, but being boston terriers, they're baked by the time we get home so the run doesn't last longer than the 5 minutes home!

Attachments

• DSCF3666_icon.jpg
    DSCF3666_icon.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 118
Over the past couple of weeks, my usual dog sitter has been on vacay, and I've been missing my usual after work gym session, to rush home to the dogs ...

I know I'm not taking advantage of the beautiful weather, and our nightly walks to the off the leash dog park.

Does anyone have any favorite plyo work that can be done between throws of the ball for the dogs?

I jogged home with the piglets, but being boston terriers, they're baked by the time we get home so the run doesn't last longer than the 5 minutes home!
Squat Jumps, Plyo push up (push up and clap hands together once before touching the ground again then jump back to your feet quickly)! Walking lunges (not plyo but effective)

Put some handles on the dogs use them for lunges they look to be about 35lbs a piece

Put some handles on the dogs use them for lunges they look to be about 35lbs a piece

I was thinking you could use each of the dogs as a jumping device and do your plyometrics OFF of them. ARF ARF.

40 meter sprints are nice cardio

one concept with with plyo is to 'rebound quickly' its not the initial jump that is the focus.. its the landing to jumping transition that you want to really pay attention too

what I was told while training for football was.. to explode up as quickly as possible upon landing... you do sacrifice height for quickness.

its also recomended to step (not jump) off a bench then explode up into a jump as you land.

you can also do box jumps where you try and touch the top of a box/bench with both feet at the same time, land back in the same spot, and repeat as many times as you can in 20 seconds, 30, 40, etc.

Most of the work ive done with plyo is two legged stuff..FYI

Squat Jumps, Plyo push up (push up and clap hands together once before touching the ground again then jump back to your feet quickly)! Walking lunges (not plyo but effective)

Walking lunges across the park... that could be a really good workout :eek:

-Various kinds of pushups (standard, off a bench, with feet elevated, close grip, wide grip, etc.)
-Step-ups onto a bench or similar
-One-leg squats (either with one leg held up, or one leg behind you on a low bench). Vary this by pushing thru heels (hams/glutes) or toes (quads).
-Bench dips

You going to look funny lunging across the park with two dog's on the leash, kind of like the minister of silly walk's from Monty Python.....

Yeah I'm old!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner