over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible kidney issues, GFR 35

Awesome news, I too have been taking 3g.

I see what you dropped, what supplements and aas did you continue to run, test?

Also, you say your gfr, I assume you mean egfr or did you actually collect piss for 24 hours to get a true gfr?

Did they test urine, any protein in it?

Great news

got results!
Urine ACR 33 (<30 is normal, thats still a good reading)
GFR 64 (>60 is normal)
Creatinine 1.2 (<1.2 normal)
urine ACR 33 (<30 normal, still a good number)

miraculous changes! Im good!

I discontinued:
insulin
Boldenone
Diclofenac (Nsaid)
Lisinopril (Hypertension med)
Creatine
reduced protein from 225g to 125g
added astragalus 3g

A winning formula!
Muscle96ss, happy to say YOU WERE WRONG! DC heres one for your records, keep a success story in mind.
But I very much thank you, and all the other brothers, for their input.
I am so grateful it was a worrisome few days since I got the bloods and urine.
God bless all of you and hope you have stories of health success as I have had.

Wow, much better results. I'm very thankful I was wrong, but please keep an eye on things every few months to make sure it never gets that low again. My guess is the diclofenac sodium(nsaid) may have been the biggest contributor there.

Wow, much better results. I'm very thankful I was wrong, but please keep an eye on things every few months to make sure it never gets that low again. My guess is the diclofenac sodium(nsaid) may have been the biggest contributor there.
I certainly will be keeping an eye on it, and being more careful!
Funny, I was only using 25mg of diclofenac ...normal dose is 150mg.
But it could be any of a number of factors, or a combination of some!
Thanks for your words brother!

Awesome news, I too have been taking 3g.

I see what you dropped, what supplements and aas did you continue to run, test?

Also, you say your gfr, I assume you mean egfr or did you actually collect piss for 24 hours to get a true gfr?

Did they test urine, any protein in it?

Great news
Hey bro,
I continued to run test, MENT then switched to masterone, gh.
Supps the usual vitiman/preventative supps as always (huge list lol), preworkout, glutamine.
Yes, I did egfr.

I did the ACR urine test (ot 24hr) and the number was 33.
<30 no elevation (protein in urine)
30-300 slight elevation
>300 very elevated

So that number 33 is fine with me.

Have you ever ate this little protein before and do you plan to stick with it? Any negative changes in physique from lowering protein so much?

Have you ever ate this little protein before and do you plan to stick with it? Any negative changes in physique from lowering protein so much?
Very good question bro...of course I was wondering the same...actually freaking out over the prospect of lowering protein so much. Im 5'5" 185lb and my Dr said to lower to 1g oer KG...should have been 85g.
No way lol! So lowering to 125 ended up being sufficient. I replaced the protein with smart balance oil and maltodextrin powder in shakes.
No noticable difference so far! At 61yo Im just trying to maintain, Im not gaining a whole lot anymore.

Very good question bro...of course I was wondering the same...actually freaking out over the prospect of lowering protein so much. Im 5'5" 185lb and my Dr said to lower to 1g oer KG...should have been 85g.
No way lol! So lowering to 125 ended up being sufficient. I replaced the protein with smart balance oil and maltodextrin powder in shakes.
No noticable difference so far! At 61yo Im just trying to maintain, Im not gaining a whole lot anymore.

If it makes you feel any better, there is no scientific evidence that exceeding 0.8g of protein per lb shows any added muscle benefits. So you might be able to maintain more than you think.

Glad you're on the right path!

got results!
Urine ACR 33 (<30 is normal, thats still a good reading)
GFR 64 (>60 is normal)
Creatinine 1.2 (<1.2 normal)
urine ACR 33 (<30 normal, still a good number)

miraculous changes! Im good!

I discontinued:
insulin
Boldenone
Diclofenac (Nsaid)
Lisinopril (Hypertension med)
Creatine
reduced protein from 225g to 125g
added astragalus 3g

A winning formula!
Muscle96ss, happy to say YOU WERE WRONG! DC heres one for your records, keep a success story in mind.
But I very much thank you, and all the other brothers, for their input.
I am so grateful it was a worrisome few days since I got the bloods and urine.
God bless all of you and hope you have stories of health success as I have had.

^^^i been following along on this ..great news, very happy to see this brother!!

thanks for posting your blood work & experience ..please continue to keep us posted

Good to hear you are on the right track

^^^thank you for your insight & contributions to us brother

I really want to thank all the guys who posted thoughts, assistance, and congratulations on my venture with thhe kidney issues with bloodwork.
You all are truly brothers, and this is a brotherhood...has been since I arrived in 1998!

thanks again all!

Does getting blood work too close to training negatively affect gfr? I trained legs the day before my test and my gfr came back at 55. To be safe, I started 8g astragalus the next day.

Does getting blood work too close to training negatively affect gfr? I trained legs the day before my test and my gfr came back at 55. To be safe, I started 8g astragalus the next day.

Yes it does absolutely. It would be best to wait 48-72 hours after a workout to do bloodwork regarding kidneys. I am virtually positive that 55 is alot higher than that because I have seen that scenario too many times to count

The answer is yes. But you are not getting your true gfr, only an egfr which is an estimate.

Your egfr is just your creatinine plugged into a formula and can be affected by many factors including dehydration and how close to training.

Yes it does absolutely. It would be best to wait 48-72 hours after a workout to do bloodwork regarding kidneys. I am virtually positive that 55 is alot higher than that because I have seen that scenario too many times to count
DC is this due to muscle breakdown affecting creatinine?

So glad to hear this! Truth be told this is commonly what happens I think we all just were concerned because you don't often see egfr at 35. As I noted multiple times go to bbing.com and it's full of 16-35 year olds saying "was told I'm in end stage kidney failure...what to do?" It's really quite extraordinary how often this happens. Think if people received cancer diagnosis incorrectly this often. I mean think about that...at 20 I was told I have 1 year to live. Period. Definitively told 1 year to live and I am dying. Three months after that I was told no kidney issue at all they are pristine, perfect health. Now...17 years later I'm told "my kidney's are the picture of health" and have an egfr in the 120+ range. If I did a hard leg workout and got bloods the next day I'd probably be told I am quite literally dying. Think how f*cked up that is! It's just like telling someone "you have end stage cancer and have 3 months to live" and then the next week "Kidding bro! All good health is perfect". Part of this is just the nature of the kidneys but part of the issue is docs put 110% of the diagnosis on creatinine for every single patient. Which leads me to the below....

I mentioned my crazy kidney debacle I've been through and I'm excited that my nephrologist is including me as a case study in a larger study he is working on. It's around referrals to nephrologist because my doc (and others) are seeing a rise in unnecessary referrals that could easily be vetted out with primary care doc. They are not 100% sure why but the idea is to vet that out (why is this happening at an increased rate) and give GP's updated guidance on how to properly investigate raised creatinine to understand if there is a kidney issue or not before a referral is made. From my nephrologist mouth directly "You cannot believe how often I have 16 year old football players in here who are the picture of health and they and their parents think they are dying". I'm not comparing that to your case and not telling people this isn't serious when your egfr is 35. Your case is obviously a little different.

Glad all is good. I just got my yearly bloods as well. One thing you could always do is add cystatin c and a spot albumin:creatinine ratio urine test. Cystatin C is a much better predictor for our population (or elderly with little muscle) and the other one is a good urine test more sensitive than a standard dipstick test.

So glad to hear this! Truth be told this is commonly what happens I think we all just were concerned because you don't often see egfr at 35. As I noted multiple times go to bbing.com and it's full of 16-35 year olds saying "was told I'm in end stage kidney failure...what to do?" It's really quite extraordinary how often this happens. Think if people received cancer diagnosis incorrectly this often. I mean think about that...at 20 I was told I have 1 year to live. Period. Definitively told 1 year to live and I am dying. Three months after that I was told no kidney issue at all they are pristine, perfect health. Now...17 years later I'm told "my kidney's are the picture of health" and have an egfr in the 120+ range. If I did a hard leg workout and got bloods the next day I'd probably be told I am quite literally dying. Think how f*cked up that is! It's just like telling someone "you have end stage cancer and have 3 months to live" and then the next week "Kidding bro! All good health is perfect". Part of this is just the nature of the kidneys but part of the issue is docs put 110% of the diagnosis on creatinine for every single patient. Which leads me to the below....

I mentioned my crazy kidney debacle I've been through and I'm excited that my nephrologist is including me as a case study in a larger study he is working on. It's around referrals to nephrologist because my doc (and others) are seeing a rise in unnecessary referrals that could easily be vetted out with primary care doc. They are not 100% sure why but the idea is to vet that out (why is this happening at an increased rate) and give GP's updated guidance on how to properly investigate raised creatinine to understand if there is a kidney issue or not before a referral is made. From my nephrologist mouth directly "You cannot believe how often I have 16 year old football players in here who are the picture of health and they and their parents think they are dying". I'm not comparing that to your case and not telling people this isn't serious when your egfr is 35. Your case is obviously a little different.

Glad all is good. I just got my yearly bloods as well. One thing you could always do is add cystatin c and a spot albumin:creatinine ratio urine test. Cystatin C is a much better predictor for our population (or elderly with little muscle) and the other one is a good urine test more sensitive than a standard dipstick test.
Thank you so much Flex. Actually the doom and gloom diagnosis I got was here on our board. Both of my Dr's ...when I asked, have you seen people with an eGFR like mine go from 35 to normal...they both responded...OH YES, MANY TIMES! That gave me some relief. And even Kidney.org and other reputable
websites were mostly saying you cant turn it around, you can just slow the progression. So thank god I was able to turn it around completely.
Yes I suggested the ACR (Albumin:Creatinine) test to my Dr and it came out well...33.

I have helped alot of guys thru PM's the last 4 years. I have been able to get most of them back to square one. I tried my best to help one guy that was too far gone (Creatinine was in the 8's yes not a typo..8). GFR was 16. I told him i would try my best but I feel he is too far gone and I dont think i could pull him out of dialysis and a future kidney transplant. And I was right, he was just too far gone and beyond recovery. In fact he was a national competitor that is known on this board by some. (and i believe he was a member at one time). He had to go to dialysis and has since gotten a transplant. But 99% of guys Ive been able to get back. I am worried about one universally known person that is not following what i told him to do and I feel its a matter of time with him....but thats another story. Here is a Euro national competitor who was at 1.73 creatinine in early 2019...... and then I got him on astragalus and other supps and got him down to 1.25 creatinine and he kept up the regimen and he is now down at .98 creatinine. Getting up near 2.0 is not a good place to be so when you see recoveries like this...its really a good thing to see.

Attachments

• creatUntitled.png
    creatUntitled.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 118566870_951318918681921_5698522786947269748_n.jpg
    118566870_951318918681921_5698522786947269748_n.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 21
I have helped alot of guys thru PM's the last 4 years. I have been able to get most of them back to square one. I tried my best to help one guy that was too far gone (Creatinine was in the 8's yes not a typo..8). GFR was 16. I told him i would try my best but I feel he is too far gone and I dont think i could pull him out of dialysis and a future kidney transplant. And I was right, he was just too far gone and beyond recovery. In fact he was a national competitor that is known on this board by some. (and i believe he was a member at one time). He had to go to dialysis and has since gotten a transplant. But 99% of guys Ive been able to get back. I am worried about one universally known person that is not following what i told him to do and I feel its a matter of time with him....but thats another story. Here is a Euro national competitor who was at 1.73 creatinine in early 2019...... and then I got him on astragalus and other supps and got him down to 1.25 creatinine and he kept up the regimen and he is now down at .98 creatinine. Getting up near 2.0 is not a good place to be so when you see recoveries like this...its really a good thing to see.

The guy who is doing bad, were there signs it was getting that bad over time ? Or did he just get the bad news one day in a test? In your experience do you ever see proteinurea that can come and go and creatine is always fine?

Which guy? The one that went onto dialysis or the guy who i dont feel is listening to me 100%? Alot of bodybuilders are so hooked on this sport that when they get bad bloodwork they think its just a blip...and they think "it will just get better" over time...because they really want nothing to interfere with their goals. That was the case with both those individuals. They got bad bloodwork, and they either didnt want to deal with it because they had goals so usually they dont get bloodwork done again for a long long time, or they just felt they would come across something that 'it would go away someday'. I have told about 3-4 top people (I think 2 pro's and 2 amateurs) to "retire", "hang it up", take it down and still train but do minimal TRT because of their various health reasons over the last 5 years. None of them have listened to me. They PM me and ask for my advice, I give them my advice and try to help them first but in these 4 really bad situations I have said "I am saying to you, if this was me who had that bloodwork (or problem) I would do this and this and this"...and again it involves them totally stepping down from the level they are on and putting 100% emphasis on being able to live another 10 years (yes ive seen some situations where I thought it was that important)....again none of them have listened to that. There will be 2 guys in the future that that this board knows of that IMO will have a dire health event....(one involving heart, one involving kidneys) that I will at that time tell people "that was the person I emphasized to step away from the sport to try to live a long life but they could not give up being "a massive bodybuilder"

I was referring to the one that eventually went on dialysis. And I am no bodybuilder but love fitness/AAS and have been guilty of the same, esp with kidneys. Creatinine is usually fine but that proteinuria comes and goes. I have had some STD's (my own fault) and the doctors always chalk the protein in urine up to that, as it eventually goes back down.

Thank you for all your help with kidneys for everyone, I know I have been In the anti supplement camp for a while but I will admit when I was wrong. I plan to get my proteinuria checked soon after taking the astragalus for a period of time that it can help.

What are everyone’s thoughts on desiccated or glandular “animal to human“ type products conferring benefits....

Example:

Desiccated kidney for kidney health.

With the burgeoning of functional medicine, this approach has gained momentum.

I know Amazon’s reviews are BS at times but there are people that have sworn by this strategy for years.

Example:Ancestral Supplements Kidney: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K8L672/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0tJsFbQV15ATD

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131