over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible kidney issues, GFR 35

What are everyone’s thoughts on desiccated or glandular “animal to human“ type products conferring benefits....

Example:

Desiccated kidney for kidney health.

With the burgeoning of functional medicine, this approach has gained momentum.

I know Amazon’s reviews are BS at times but there are people that have sworn by this strategy for years.

Example:Ancestral Supplements Kidney: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K8L672/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0tJsFbQV15ATD

I'm doubtful but who knows. Awhile back I was looking at drugs in Russia and they have
various animal gland peptides with various claims. It's kind of like with Humanofort, maybe it does work in some manner but I'm not sold on all the claims.

Attachments

• QuickScreencapture_20200829-164957.png
    QuickScreencapture_20200829-164957.png
    412.9 KB · Views: 7
  • QuickScreencapture_20200829-165300.png
    QuickScreencapture_20200829-165300.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 7
Dante I feel like your not involved enough in this thread in comparison to your level of expertise on the subject. If you don’t have your own thread on the issue here, would be interested to see a permanent one with your advice.
Also if you know of a good nephrologist for a friend in the NYC area it would be appreciated. Here or private message is fine. Thanks.
also can you recommend any brands or dosages did the other supps you linked studies to. Thanks Gotta remeber to take my citrus bergamont.

How much more difficult and more expensive is a real GFR compared to eGFR? Can one just order it through a company like life extension. Thanks

How much more difficult and more expensive is a real GFR compared to eGFR? Can one just order it through a company like life extension. Thanks

I would just get a cystatin-c, it is really the most accurate option for people like us.

Is it an accurate assessment of kidney function though?

I have helped alot of guys thru PM's the last 4 years. I have been able to get most of them back to square one. I tried my best to help one guy that was too far gone (Creatinine was in the 8's yes not a typo..8). GFR was 16. I told him i would try my best but I feel he is too far gone and I dont think i could pull him out of dialysis and a future kidney transplant. And I was right, he was just too far gone and beyond recovery. In fact he was a national competitor that is known on this board by some. (and i believe he was a member at one time). He had to go to dialysis and has since gotten a transplant. But 99% of guys Ive been able to get back. I am worried about one universally known person that is not following what i told him to do and I feel its a matter of time with him....but thats another story. Here is a Euro national competitor who was at 1.73 creatinine in early 2019...... and then I got him on astragalus and other supps and got him down to 1.25 creatinine and he kept up the regimen and he is now down at .98 creatinine. Getting up near 2.0 is not a good place to be so when you see recoveries like this...its really a good thing to see.
What supplements do you give the guy at 1.73 if you dont mind me asking? My creatinine has been at 1.8.

VS Astragalus at 4 grams morn and 4 grams nite
Vitacost pycogenol at 100mg morn 100mg nite
Puritans grape seed extract 600mg morn 600mg nite

other things to look at are
cordyceps militaris
or cordyceps sinensis

Thanks to Dante for his continues input over the years. Question for the thread participants including D. Any thoughts on why so many nephrotic issues these days compared to earlier day of bodybuilding? I am aware that there was some kidney failure evznually in some of the early BBer but it seems n=more of a common problem thee days. Possible contributing factors may be increased doses, poor quality raws, poor quality carrier oils, poor quality solvents, increased use of polypharmacy.

I'm doubtful but who knows. Awhile back I was looking at drugs in Russia and they have
various animal gland peptides with various claims. It's kind of like with Humanofort, maybe it does work in some manner but I'm not sold on all the claims.

I actually used some of these bioregulator peptides from russia. The thyroid, adrenals, and heart one. I couldn't tell whether they worked or not. I know the thyroid one didn't help. Maybe I needed to use it longer but they're so expensive.

Thanks to Dante for his continues input over the years. Question for the thread participants including D. Any thoughts on why so many nephrotic issues these days compared to earlier day of bodybuilding? I am aware that there was some kidney failure evznually in some of the early BBer but it seems n=more of a common problem thee days. Possible contributing factors may be increased doses, poor quality raws, poor quality carrier oils, poor quality solvents, increased use of polypharmacy.

Imo the ones you listed along with overall size. I dont follow bodybuilding, but I assume guys have more scale weight now than in the 70s? A 215lb guy who abused 3g gear year round in theory shoul6have less kidney stress than a 260lb guy abusing gear year round. 30lbs putting stress on organs over a lifetime imo makes a difference, in addition to how it impacts blood pressure. Maybe seo as well? Insulin causing less stable blood sugar.

Another factor, maybe guys now a days do less cardio because they can rely on diet, gh, aas, stims to cut bodyfat. Cardio can only help kidneys.

Imo the ones you listed along with overall size. I dont follow bodybuilding, but I assume guys have more scale weight now than in the 70s? A 215lb guy who abused 3g gear year round in theory shoul6have less kidney stress than a 260lb guy abusing gear year round. 30lbs putting stress on organs over a lifetime imo makes a difference, in addition to how it impacts blood pressure. Maybe seo as well? Insulin causing less stable blood sugar.

Another factor, maybe guys now a days do less cardio because they can rely on diet, gh, aas, stims to cut bodyfat. Cardio can only help kidneys.
IDK, it's hard to tell what the major factor(s) are because there are so many. I don't think that it was an improvement after the steroid control act what little pharma stuff dropped outta sight. Raws out of China with no oversight is not a good situation and virtually all of us are using stuff brewed somewhere outside of GMP conditions. Is it worse than the 1/2 the shit in the late 80s coing from Mexico? IDK again but my buddies from back then are OK for the most part. Today with the boards we ahve many many many more people to judge from even if they are self reporting. Most of us that belong to a few message boards probably know of over 1000 AAS/PED users or more. So maybe it's an artifact of seeing such high number of users. Then again, there are probably 30 guys that have reported in this forum of kidney issues over the past 5 years. That's a few % based on ~900 members.

I think it's the extremes....staying dehydrated, using more thermos, uncontrolled BP, uncontrolled blood sugar (extreme HGH), higher dosages, higher off-season doses without breaks (compared to 80's and 90's), etc. I think if you add all those up, along with any genetic anomalies from user to user, especially long-term, it just obliviates the kidneys. I'm sure I missed something, but long-term uncontrolled BS/BP/dehydration is probably where most run into issues....and then it's just a matter of whether they want to fix it or sweep it under the rug because they 'feel fine.'

You could add lack of labs with all that when coupled with extremes above.

Dante thank you from inside my heart for everything you have done and continue to do for bodybuilding

For me you are the most important person in the industry

Thank you for giving all this info to us for free

Respect

Is it better to take astragalus with food or empty stomach? Does it matter?

Dante, and those here who have utilized astragalus to increase eGfr, what sort of time scale for use is usually required to see reasonable improvements?

Thanks.

Is it better to take astragalus with food or empty stomach? Does it matter?
I take astragalus twice/day on an empty stomach and have several sets of bloodwork showing a decrease in creatinine and a substantial increase in my eGFR. My most recent eGFR was 103. My lowest eGFR before introducing astragalus was 64.

I take astragalus twice/day on an empty stomach and have several sets of bloodwork showing a decrease in creatinine and a substantial increase in my eGFR. My most recent eGFR was 103. My lowest eGFR before introducing astragalus was 64.

Wow! That is a good improvement.

Dante, and those here who have utilized astragalus to increase eGfr, what sort of time scale for use is usually required to see reasonable improvements?

Thanks.
I saw improvement in 4 weeks at 6 grams/day. I don’t remember my exact increase but my eGFR increased 10-12 points. With continuous use my eGFR is now 103 at just 3-4 grams/day. Pre-astragalus my eGFR was averaging low 70’s with my lowest at 64

I saw improvement in 4 weeks at 6 grams/day. I don’t remember my exact increase but my eGFR increased 10-12 points. With continuous use my eGFR is now 103 at just 3-4 grams/day. Pre-astragalus my eGFR was averaging low 70’s with my lowest at 64

Thanks for the info Mike, much appreciated.

cant get vitamin shoppe astragalus in Canada. When i go to check out it tells me its a restricted item. I have access to NOW astragalus but i found it did nothing for my bloods.

I also have access to new roots, natures way and st. francis astragalus if anyone cares to chime in.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws