over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for those who have dieted?

ajdos

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have dieted a variety of ways and found the most effective to be a 5 low carb and 2 high carb day system per week.

No matter what diet you have used in the past or present, did you do cheat meals?

If you did was it purely psychological?
... or did it acutally have a physiological benefit that was planned as part of your dietary scheme?

I have been finding with 2 higher carb days that I dont feel as hungry or have the urge to cheat, but I am wondering if I am 'cheating' (no pun intended)myself out of a extra benefit as far as boosting the metabolism for subsequent lower carb days?

I just ate a diet that kept me towards my goals. For me, it was higher protein than bulking times, less carbs, and less fats. I dropped carbs or fats every week, and every 3rd week upped cardio. So there was a progressive piece every week just about, and usually every 4-5 weeks added another drug or upped the dose.

Cheat meals came in when I felt sluggish, usually last meal...yes last, not breakfast, on an off day prior to training. Kept a 30 minute window to eat whatever I wished.

I just ate a diet that kept me towards my goals. For me, it was higher protein than bulking times, less carbs, and less fats. I dropped carbs or fats every week, and every 3rd week upped cardio. So there was a progressive piece every week just about, and usually every 4-5 weeks added another drug or upped the dose.

Cheat meals came in when I felt sluggish, usually last meal...yes last, not breakfast, on an off day prior to training. Kept a 30 minute window to eat whatever I wished.

In the past I followed similar fashion, ate the meal as the last meal, preceeding the lowest carb day of the week, usually a Sunday night, but also tried to make sure I trained that day and the diet was followed throughout that day.

Did you notice a benefit? extra fullness, energy or fat burning the subsequent week?

Are you asking because you have a sweet tooth? Lol
Have you looked into skip loading. I have used it with very much success in the past.
I feel like cheat meals should aim to replenish the body. Like I diet with low carbs high protien and high fat in the past. By the time I get from monday to Saturday I'm fried usually. So then I would carb up for 6-8 hours of high carb, low fat and protein. You wake up the next day dry and hard probably up five pounds but we slowly drop down below the last weeks weight be fore the load. Then you adjust the carb intake from there.

If I cheat I cheat, that being said if I include cheat meals into my diet I cannot stop and eat just 1 slice of pizza and 1 small ice cream. So 6-8 weeks out I eliminate all cheat meals all the tasty things, eat everything bland - grilled fish and chicken, cooked eggs, stewed rice, oats with water even use whey without any flavors, no ketchup or splenda and only osmosed water...it's though for a week or so but after that the body gets used to it and I don't even crave smth sweet at at all (unless I eat smth and after that craving for sugars are throught the roof, unstopable), actually I not even as hungry as usuall. That's probably my blood sugar stabilizes/is the same most of the time and I don't have highs and lows anymore and the body craves for nutrients a lot less frequently (eat 6 meals a day as a regular bodybuilder but I could get away only with 3-4 when eating like this) than craves for a good taste. btw up to 2-3 weeks I feel a lot healthier too :D
Only when the carbs gets really low (for me it's in 200g/day range) I include 1-2 higher carbs days from rice, oats, potatos, sugars/fruits arround workout, some white bread (usually 400-500g/day sometimes even up to 1000g if went low carb very long). Protein is 300-320 when the carbs are lowest, and 150-200 when carbs are really high. With minimal fats (5-6whole eggs/day and 1tbsp flax seeds, ~40-50g/day)

Are you asking because you have a sweet tooth? Lol
Have you looked into skip loading. I have used it with very much success in the past.
I feel like cheat meals should aim to replenish the body. Like I diet with low carbs high protien and high fat in the past. By the time I get from monday to Saturday I'm fried usually. So then I would carb up for 6-8 hours of high carb, low fat and protein. You wake up the next day dry and hard probably up five pounds but we slowly drop down below the last weeks weight be fore the load. Then you adjust the carb intake from there.
No sweet tooth lol.
Sometimes we get tunnel vision when dieting -in the past I had cheat meals here and there, only when I felt I was just that hungry and needed more of a psychological break, the benefit to me seemed no better than having a high carb day and eating clean.
But its hard to have a good perspective when dieting, so I wanted other peoples opinions about how they felt about cheat meals, did cheat meals ultimately make a better harder physique or did they slow down the hardening fat loss on a diet for people was the aim of my op.

for me i'm a natural ecto and slight meso so staying lean was never a concern, in order for me to gain muscle i need to eat a lot in excess and eat more than my body wants me to

but when i aim to lose bodyfat i hopped on tren and hgh for the first time ever and for me to keep the mass on and lose bodyfat at the same time i have to eat about as much as when i eat to gain. during this process i still eat whatever i want to eat like ice cream and pizza and cheeseburgers in moderation but i am still 9% at a bodyweight that would classify me as obese/overweight for my height, so the muscle mass is still there and actually still piling on

300-500mg tren per week with 10iu hgh EOD along with other "wet" anabolics and androgens like test and npp put mass on me while losing bodyfat with no change in diet but i can get away with this due to my body type, most people can not, but those are the type that put on muscle easily but struggle to lose fat

i took no fat burners and no cardio, 4x a week training with less than 1 hr sessions

that being said though i am pretty certain i couldn't do this to get to 5-6%. to do that i'd probably megadose on tren, keep hgh same, be spartanlike with my diet, and use fat burners and do a ton of cardio. might be overkill but i know that will get me there

I've always had a cheat meal when I diet. Even if I had 2 or 3 high days I still would. I always found that I looked alot better the day after and usually the day after that I would be a pound or two lighter than the day before the cheat meal.

My current diet I don't have cheat meals per say, I have one small cookie with a protein shake once a day!! I know others will find it blasphemy to do so, but it does a few things for me...one, it makes it a lot easier to get thru the day w/o cravings and I the guilt makes me stick to my diet the rest of the day lol

I'm dieting now I have the same fats protein and cabs all week and have a cheat mesl on saturday.I eat one meal of what ever I want. Usually when the time comes I don't care to have it but I do since I fill it will help.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws