over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rambo 2.0: Taking it to the Next Level

well . . .

Rambo,

I'll go straight to the point and validate what most already told you in this thread: THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL that diet takes you "to the next level"... all the gear in the world won't compensate for a lack of protein and overall good kcals (needed, as Elvia outlined, to spare amino acids).

Back to basics: AAS increase protein synthesis... what's the point of using them if your meal plan is so deficient in proteins... as a bodybuilder, especially one of a pretty good level like you who wants to keep making progresses, 150g is not "moderate"... it's awfully LOW! :banghead::eek:

Hell, double that amount and it's still gonna be moderate... 300g is the bare minimum if you wanna add some "real" tissue, not just glycogen from your 300-400g carbs.

I really like your attitude and contributions to the board, Rambo, you've been such a great asset to PM since you joined... therefore, I WANT to see you reach your goals! :headbang: But for that to happen, trust me, you'll have to seriously reassess your game plan, ie take into consideration what guys here including myself are telling you... good luck, mate! :);)

Great advice as always JC.

I met Tom Platz at his biggest and his best (long story) just prior to the Olympia.
Watched him train (unbelievable) and went to a ‘private’ showing in LA where
only he posed. I took a picture of him and my cousin that I will post up this summer
after I see her. I distinctly remember him wearing sweat pants after his posing
routine and you could see the striations in his legs through his pants. Amazing.

Anyway . . . when asked what he attributed the dramatic increase in size to he said
he did not take more ‘supplements’ all he did was eat more. Nuff’ said.

Wishing you all the best Rambo.

Rambo,

I'll go straight to the point and validate what most already told you in this thread: THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL that diet takes you "to the next level"... all the gear in the world won't compensate for a lack of protein and overall good kcals (needed, as Elvia outlined, to spare amino acids).

Back to basics: AAS increase protein synthesis... what's the point of using them if your meal plan is so deficient in proteins... as a bodybuilder, especially one of a pretty good level like you who wants to keep making progresses, 150g is not "moderate"... it's awfully LOW! :banghead::eek:

Hell, double that amount and it's still gonna be moderate... 300g is the bare minimum if you wanna add some "real" tissue, not just glycogen from your 300-400g carbs.

I really like your attitude and contributions to the board, Rambo, you've been such a great asset to PM since you joined... therefore, I WANT to see you reach your goals! :headbang: But for that to happen, trust me, you'll have to seriously reassess your game plan, ie take into consideration what guys here including myself are telling you... good luck, mate! :);)

Honestly bro my protein intake always stays pretty low because I can't stomach large amounts of meat or protein powder and I grow fine...700-1000 grams of carbs a day works for me. Not 150 grams, but not anything over 300 and I weigh 235

Implementing is definitely harder lol. It's easy to say eat X amount of this and Y amount of that, but when you are on meal #4 and can't swallow anymore food you realize shit is not easy!!! I've done things like cut up chicken into small pieces and swallow them with water like pills lol. I have to resort to liquid cals, nothing a blender can't help with :D

If you can't eat anymore whole food, or it is making you miserable, just use shakes. The belief that a whole food & shake diet is inferior to a whole food alone diet is bullshit. When shakes are combined with adequate whole food diet, they can pack on muscle just as quickly--depending on what your shakes consist of.

Now, when it comes to contest prep, I tend to veer away from shakes (particularly as prep progresses) because of their more rapid digesting nature and tendency to produce a larger insulin spike, but during the off-season this is a non-issue.

When it comes to using shakes as replacements for whole food during mass-building phases, I am not talking about mixing whey in water, but about legitimate whole food replacements.

The following is just one of many, many different kinds of shakes a bodybuilder could use as a whole food meal replacement. Obviously, depending on the bodybuilder's needs, it's contents will vary.

20 ounces whole grass-fed milk
2 scoops Complete Milk Dairy Isolate (brand: True Nutrition)
60 grams finely ground oats, or 2 scoops Mod-Carb
1 small banana
1 TB all-natural peanut butter
1 TB wheat germ
Full spectrum digestive enzymes

Nutrition Rough Estimates
Total calories: 1,020
Total carbs: 102
Total protein: 87
Total fat: 32

Basically, what you have here is just whole food in shake form. Why is it that a bodybuilder can eat these foods in their whole form (bowl of oatmeal, banana, peanuts, wheat, etc) and they are fine, but as soon as they are ground up and mixed together in a shake, they become inferior for muscle building? It makes no sense.

The only disadvantage to drinking shakes like this is that they bypass the first stage of the digestion process, which begins in the mouth when digestive enzymes in saliva interact with food. Aside from that one downside, which can be partially ameliorated through the addition of digestive enzymes, there really is no difference.

Many bodybuilders find shakes like this more convenient and easier to consume that their whole food counterparts...and this can make it significantly easier to take in all the calories one needs for growth. I have seen guys make great progress having a couple shakes like this per day, along with 3 or so whole food meals.

Last edited:
If you can't eat anymore whole food, or it is making you miserable, just use shakes. The belief that a whole food & shake diet is inferior to a whole food alone diet is bullshit. When shakes are combined with adequate whole food diet, they can pack on muscle just as quickly--depending on what your shakes consist of.

Now, when it comes to contest prep, I tend to veer away from shakes (particularly as prep progresses) because of their more rapid digesting nature and tendency to produce a larger insulin spike, but during the off-season this is a non-issue.

When it comes to using shakes as replacements for whole food during mass-building phases, I am not talking about mixing whey in water, but about legitimate whole food replacements.

The following is just one of many, many different kinds of shakes a bodybuilder could use as a whole food meal replacement. Obviously, depending on the bodybuilder's needs, it's contents will vary.

1 small banana
1 TB wheat germ

Basically, what you have here is just whole food in shake form. Why is it that a bodybuilder can eat these foods in their whole form (bowl of oatmeal, banana, peanuts, wheat, etc) and they are fine, but as soon as they are ground up and mixed together in a shake, they become inferior for muscle building? It makes no sense.

The only disadvantage to drinking shakes like this is that they bypass the first stage of the digestion process, which begins in the mouth when digestive enzymes in saliva interact with food. Aside from that one downside, which can be partially ameliorated through the addition of digestive enzymes, there really is no difference.

Many bodybuilders find shakes like this more convenient and easier to consume that their whole food counterparts...and this can make it significantly easier to take in all the calories one needs for growth. I have seen guys make great progress having a couple shakes like this per day, along with 3 or so whole food meals.

Thanks Mike! Beginning of last year when I bulked I was including two shakes a day and only 2 meals. My shakes are around 800cals and contain 70-80g of protein each rest is carbs and some fats from the milk and eggs. I use whole eggs.

My current plan is 2 of these shakes plus 3 meals. We will see where this puts me over the next few weeks. I'm still getting used to this schedule. I relied on liquid cals in the past to grow. I'm not a big fan of just whey and water, tastes like crap to me honestly.

P.S. clear your inbox. I've been trying to respond to you.

Last edited:
You may want to try this to grow:

Post workout, 10 eggwhites mixed with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder on top of two heaping cups of Rice Crispys. Wait a half hour and have dinner.

Meal #4 was a shake of eggs, whey, milk, oats, greek yogurt and water with 200mcgs of igf1-lr3.

Legs today- 50g carbs and 10g bcaas intra

Weight is per side for plate loaded machines.

FitNotes Workout - Wednesday 27th January 2016

** Hack Squat **
- 70.0 lbs x 20 reps
- 90.0 lbs x 20 reps
- 115.0 lbs x 16 reps
- 135.0 lbs x 12 reps
- 90.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 90.0 lbs x 12 reps

** Leg Extension Machine **
- 90.0 lbs x 20 reps
- 110.0 lbs x 16 reps
- 130.0 lbs x 16 reps
- 150.0 lbs x 12 reps
- 110.0 lbs x 16 reps
- 110.0 lbs x 12 reps

** Lying Leg Curl Machine **
- 50.0 lbs x 20 reps
- 65.0 lbs x 18 reps
- 80.0 lbs x 14 reps
- 95.0 lbs x 6 reps
- 65.0 lbs x 14 reps
- 65.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Calf Extension **
- 150.0 lbs x 20 reps
- 170.0 lbs x 18 reps
- 190.0 lbs x 16 reps
- 210.0 lbs x 14 reps
- 190.0 lbs x 14 reps
- 170.0 lbs x 16 reps

Pump was strong. Really pushed it to get more reps in and when I would get to an odd number rep I'd push one more to make it even. Lol I get OCD sometimes. I beat my previous reps on most sets. I was soaked 3 sets in. Great workout.

Postworkout I shot 100mcgs of igf1-des in each quad.

Meal #5 was steak, rice, and beans.

**broken link removed**

One more meal to go. Right on track today.

Last edited:
Great log so far Rambo, will definitely be following along from now.:headbang:

P.S. There's def a lot of solid advice about upping your protein intake, doesn't have to be all whole foods man but I'm sure you got the message by now lol

Great log so far Rambo, will definitely be following along from now.:headbang:

P.S. There's def a lot of solid advice about upping your protein intake, doesn't have to be all whole foods man but I'm sure you got the message by now lol
The message has been delivered lmao!!

Thanks for following bro!

1 small banana
1 TB wheat germ

Exactly. This is what I am doing too. I will be increasing my whole food gradually over the next few months. But I always make good use of shakes. But my shakes always incoporate whole foods. Plus I also add powders to my whole food meals. One of my fav meals is oats with milk and water, peanut butter, banana and chocolate protein powder. I like to add EAA's to natural yoghurt at times too.

Synthepure is the perfect protein for adding to whole food shakes as it is unflavoured. I mix things up but a common one now is synthepure, oats, and pineapple. I may add some greens and/or some berries but basically a good balance of ingredients. Pineapple (fresh not tinned) is an ideal fruit to go with protein as it aids protein digestion/absorption.

Rambo great log you are going to blow up. Let's see who can put 20 pounds on first :D

Thanks Mike! Beginning of last year when I bulked I was including two shakes a day and only 2 meals. My shakes are around 800cals and contain 70-80g of protein each rest is carbs and some fats from the milk and eggs. I use whole eggs.

My current plan is 2 of these shakes plus 3 meals. We will see where this puts me over the next few weeks. I'm still getting used to this schedule. I relied on liquid cals in the past to grow. I'm not a big fan of just whey and water, tastes like crap to me honestly.

P.S. clear your inbox. I've been trying to respond to you.

Didn't know my box was full--it's cleared now.

I noticed you done 200mcg LR3... nice dose. When did you up from your planned 100mcg? Or did you mean 100mcg bilaterally? The results I got from 200mcg lr3 eod were frankly remarkable. They were probably the biggest short term changes I have ever made.

Exactly. This is what I am doing too. I will be increasing my whole food gradually over the next few months. But I always make good use of shakes. But my shakes always incoporate whole foods. Plus I also add powders to my whole food meals. One of my fav meals is oats with milk and water, peanut butter, banana and chocolate protein powder. I like to add EAA's to natural yoghurt at times too.

Synthepure is the perfect protein for adding to whole food shakes as it is unflavoured. I mix things up but a common one now is synthepure, oats, and pineapple. I may add some greens and/or some berries but basically a good balance of ingredients. Pineapple (fresh not tinned) is an ideal fruit to go with protein as it aids protein digestion/absorption.

Rambo great log you are going to blow up. Let's see who can put 20 pounds on first :D
Challenge accepted [emoji5]

Let's see who can put on a solid 20lbs first. It'll be our 2016 challenge.

I noticed you done 200mcg LR3... nice dose. When did you up from your planned 100mcg? Or did you mean 100mcg bilaterally? The results I got from 200mcg lr3 eod were frankly remarkable. They were probably the biggest short term changes I have ever made.

No I'm doing it subq actually. Des is post in the muscle trained.

I felt it was weak at 100mcgs to be honest. At 200mcgs the pump was great. This batch of lr3 seems weaker to me then the previous.

No I'm doing it subq actually. Des is post in the muscle trained.

I felt it was weak at 100mcgs to be honest. At 200mcgs the pump was great. This batch of lr3 seems weaker to me then the previous.

That's crap if it isn't as good as past batches. We were one of the only companies to have amazing lr3 too. Although when I used it and loved it I felt the same about 100mcg. I put it in my log it was ok but I was disappointed. But doubling the dose for some reason lead to 5x the results. I dosed it 100mcg bilaterally pre workout with an intra shake.

I thought you would be dosing the DES intra training.

It's a challenge :D Hang on... a solid 20 pounds... that will take ages. I was thinking 20 pounds without looking like a fatass. I don't have a scale here but will buy one. I am not going to overdo the food though and just gradually increase things.

Today I took off of work.

Meal #1 shake of eggs, milk, oats, greek yogurt, whey, and water.

Trained with the Wife today. We did chest, dosed 200mcgs lr3 preworkout. Had an intra of 50g carbs, 10g bcaas, and a scoop of The Curse preworkout mix. Had hell of a workout was drenched in sweat. Started with abs on the crunch machine. Then we did the plate loaded chest press machine followed by hammer strength incline press and then the pec deck machine. Finished off with some assisted dips. Didn't log the workout we were just enjoying the time together but we did 4-6 sets of 10-20 reps.

Dosed 100mcgs igf1-des postworkout in each pec. Had a shake of almond milk, whey, strawberries and banana from the juice bar at the gym (30g protein).

Meal #2 was steak, rice, and beans.

Meal #3 was a grilled chicken burrito and a steak taco followed by a whey shake for added protein.

I weighed in at 200lbs even at my doc visit today. Bp is 126/67 and resting heart rate was in the 70s. I must've started a little less then 200lbs. I'm shooting for 220lbs. I hope to put half of that into my legs.

That's crap if it isn't as good as past batches. We were one of the only companies to have amazing lr3 too. Although when I used it and loved it I felt the same about 100mcg. I put it in my log it was ok but I was disappointed. But doubling the dose for some reason lead to 5x the results. I dosed it 100mcg bilaterally pre workout with an intra shake.

I thought you would be dosing the DES intra training.

It's a challenge :D Hang on... a solid 20 pounds... that will take ages. I was thinking 20 pounds without looking like a fatass. I don't have a scale here but will buy one. I am not going to overdo the food though and just gradually increase things.

Yea I have to get a scale as well. Ok fair enough 20lbs without becoming 20%bf hahaha.

I'm increasing things slowly as well. I already feel fat. My abs are washed out. My gut extends from all the food.

Yea the lr3 is weaker. The des I would do intra but I don't want to deal with pinning at the gym so I am doing it post. I'll start dosing the lr3 bilaterally see if the pump is more effective then subq. I bet it is.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws