yms-GIF-210x65-SB
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rear Elevated Bulgarians - do you do these?

gauge22-v2

Registered
Newbies
Do you program these?

Where do you tend to put them?

Do you let your knees float forward to your ankle or do you tend to strive for vertical shins?

I put these back in on Sunday, at the end of leg day for 3 work sets, and fuck me my arse and rectus femoris are super tender.

Note - I am NOT talking about the ones where Meadows does the 'set of death' as below:

I have been starting my leg workouts with these. Helps me get everything firing.
I alternate db's and bb

I've never done Bulgarian split squats. I'd rather do single-leg leg press. Basically the same thing, but way more stable and easy to set up.

I’ve seen no difference between these and a standard db/bb lunge. In fact, I think they’re kind of a trend similar to one arm cable pulldowns 🤷‍♂️

I’ve seen no difference between these and a standard db/bb lunge. In fact, I think they’re kind of a trend similar to one arm cable pulldowns 🤷‍♂️

I'm surprised to hear that coming from you lol

I'm surprised to hear that coming from you lol
Maybe it’s because everyone in my gym I see doing these religiously are chicks and small Tik tok lifters haha. I’ve always been a big fan of lunges though, and I feel they do the same thing. I’d rather load up 225 and get lunging down the turf then the awkward set up and balancing act on a bench for these
Similar to you though, I start my leg workouts with about 5-10 minutes of walking lunges to get everything warmed up and firing

Maybe it’s because everyone in my gym I see doing these religiously are chicks and small Tik tok lifters haha. I’ve always been a big fan of lunges though, and I feel they do the same thing. I’d rather load up 225 and get lunging down the turf then the awkward set up and balancing act on a bench for these
Similar to you though, I start my leg workouts with about 5-10 minutes of walking lunges to get everything warmed up and firing

My knees couldn't handle 225 😶‍🌫️😅

I haven't done them in a very long time. My clumsy ass actually feels more stable doing lunges.

I haven't done them in a very long time. My clumsy ass actually feels more stable doing lunges.

I was the same way. My stability and balance has gotten way better from doing them regularly. I'm past the point of always trying to maximize weighted lifted and focusing on strengthing my whole as one

Threw away squats a few years ago in favor of lunges. Bulgarians are good. I personally prefer loading up 225 standing on a couple plates and doing step back/forward lunges with a few inches of deficit. Never going to shit on squats at all, but my legs took off once I replaced them with heavy lunge variations.

I find that they are very unique dependent on the angle of the shin. Love that you can remove the lower back from the movement as I do heavy, for me, SLDLs on posterior chain day.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jedijen
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins