over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Nasser

nasser

wow, nasser was a hardcore lifter and very strong. i have no scientific evidence of what i am about to say, its just an opinon, i have always felt like that really heavy weight was bad on your heart and other vital organs. i have lifted heavy when i was younger, but no more. im 43 and i want to live, my reps are between 12-20 now, i have seen heavy weight hurt alot of bodybuilders.heavy weight is dangerous in alot of different ways. nasser was a heavy lifter, just my opinon, no disrespect to heavy lifters.

Dante,

how much turmeric do you recommend? 300mg daily? 600mg daily?

Also, in your opinion would you take it even when cruising?

I have taken 300mg since reading some of your posts on it, but do not know the best dosage per se.

nasser, you were one of the best bodybuilders of the last 23 years. and without any doubt, the most intelligent. you had three master's degrees and you spoke 7 languages fluently.

rest in peace.

This just isn't true sorry.

My uncle's wife got debilitating cancer and was bed ridden from the age of 35.

She then died at 40. He has 3 young kids.

Who exactly has been "made stronger" by this? Him? His 10 year old daughter who now doesn't have a mother?

They are absolutely stronger for what they have lived through, in ways those of us who haven't been through the same pain will never understand. It isn't a "saying," it is a law of nature. Everything that is good has grown out of the opposite, that is it's origin, that is life, it comes from the nothingness.

How could someone who has lost a mother as a child NOT be stronger than someone who hasn't?

Phil your being a little harsh don't ya think? You made some of the same choices that Nasser and many others have so I dont fully understand. I personally think steroids is just like anything else in life. When used sensibly they are okay but when abused problems can and sometimes do occur. Obesity is the number one killer in the United States. Drunk driving and smoking probably come next.

We all appreciate your knowledge and concerns. I hope you have the heart to always be there for others regardless of the situation. That's about the only thing that will separate you from other pros because some have great knowledge these days but think only of themselves. What's money without friends? And a good hearted person would never put money or ego before friendship or kindless towards others. People have to live their own lives and we must respect that. I loved Nasser and he lived his life as he wanted. I respect him for that and what he accomplished. He's with God now.

That's like saying if you use crystal meth or heroin sensibly, you will be ok. I disagree. Steroids have a slew of side effects like narcotics whether you use them in small, moderate or large amounts. Of course the more you use, the side effects become amplified. There are men who suffer from hypertension from using hrt doses of test who do not have it run in their family history. My point is to be aware of the health risks of everything you put in your body and never assume that doing moderate to large amounts of aas cannot affect your health negatively later on in life.

Last edited:
That's like saying if you use crystal meth or heroin sensibly, you will be ok. I disagree. Steroids have a slew of side effects like narcotics whether you use them in small, moderate or large amounts. Of course the more you use, the side effects become amplified. There are men who suffer from hypertension from using hrt doses of test who do not have it run in their family history. My point is to be aware of the health risks of everything you put in your body and never assume that doing moderate to large amounts of aas won't affect your health negatively later on in life.

Obviously you've never been involved in the various drug games, to compare the use of crystal meth or heroin with steroid use is assinine. Totally different type of user and mentality.

Obviously you've never been involved in the various drug games, to compare the use of crystal meth or heroin with steroid use is assinine. Totally different type of user and mentality.

You obviously don't know what I've been through in my life. Just because I don't tell everyone about every facet of my life doesn't mean I haven't gone through certain experiences. Yes it is comparable. Drug abusers and aas abusers are both addicts period whether you want to admit it or not. AAS and narcotics are both drugs that can potentially harm the human body even when used in low doses.

Last edited:
does anybody here really know if Nasser got bloodwork or saw a dr regularly? I doubt it.

Nasser seemed like a smart guy.. didn't ever seem reckless. that is, from the few times I spoke with him 10+ years ago. I doubt he got more reckless as years went on after he retired. even back then he talked about thyroid problems and blood pressure problems.

seems like an aweful lot of fingerpointing and hollier-than-thou stuff in this thread still. where was the outcry when ANthony clark or jesse marunde died?

ppl die. ppl die worldwide from stupid things. i have a client (a RICH old jewish lady) who'd daughter (in her 40's) fell from a horse in Malaysia and suffered a compound fracture to her leg and DIED from the infection just a few months ago.

excess weight and high blood pressure will shorten the lifespan of anybody. steroid user or not.

where's the outcry when a guy works 60+ hr workweeks at a company he helped build... to keep score with 60ft hatteras, country club home in Indian Wells, private jet, and a Bentley..... only to drop dead of a heartattack at 48? he knew the risks he took.

everybody chooses to do what they do. we all know the risks we take. it's a shame when someone uses this as an opportunity to thumb their nose at others for doing the same thing THEY once did... esp when it comes to aas.. like we haven't all heard/read the same things for years before we started and for decades after we started.

How could someone who has lost a mother as a child NOT be stronger than someone who hasn't?

What is your definition of "stronger" and how is being "stronger" in an instance like this MORE beneficial to the individual (as that is essentially your argument)?

I would strongly argue that all things being equal an individual growing up with a mother will have a richer, happier and more fulfilling existence than one who does not. This is natural and the way life is supposed to be.

Again, I am not saying you should give up in adversity.

To keep it vaguely on topic, my point is that yes you have to get on with it in certain circumstances but unfortunately no this does not mean things will balance out and/or actually improve based on the problems you had/have.

In my opinion it is trite to say this and if something is shit, there is no point in denying it is shit. You can choose to say the glass is half full or say it is half empty regardless the same amount is in the glass and your perspective doesn't change facts.

pusher.......not to learn from his life and death would not do him justice. i have met him a few times,also about 10 years ago.he was a smart guy,that was a good decent man from what i know. we would ALL be damn fools not to try and relate this to our own drug use/abuse. not to bring up these conversations at this time would be neglegent and irresponsible.

does anybody here really know if Nasser got bloodwork or saw a dr regularly? I doubt it.

Nasser seemed like a smart guy.. didn't ever seem reckless.

Not saying that's the case, but depression can make someone know their health is going down the sink and still not care about it. RIP.

Not saying that's the case, but depression can make someone know their health is going down the sink and still not care about it. RIP.

in my experience with him, from what others i know (in person... not a faceless name on the internet... san Diego's a small city), and from what I've read....i don't see him doing that. i don't see him chasing the dream like some clown in a movie (TheWrestler) till the end.

when it came to drug talk, he was always mater-of-fact... saying 'well, since you'll never be my competetior', or 'by the time you're onstage i'll be moved on'.

he was heavy... and he stayed heavy... for a long time. i seriously doubt he was doing 'blast/cruise' years after retirement like some make it seem. he was talking about hrt (not just test) 10+ years ago.

Cant understand why people would turn a thread about the passing of one of the greats in this "hobby" of ours, into an exercise in fingerpointing.

Express your sympathies/condolences and take your holier than thou bullshit and go start another thread. Jeez! :mad:

RIP Nasser... having lost family myself, I know how his family must be feeling right now. My heartfelt condolences to all those who personally knew and loved the man.

Cant understand why people would turn a thread about the passing of one of the greats in this "hobby" of ours, into an exercise in fingerpointing.

it is pretty natural considering he died very young and joins a growing list of BBers who have died young or are seriously ill.

it is also relevant as there is an obvious link between their deaths and massive abuse of various drugs and similar abuse of drugs by probably the majority of people on this board.

it is not disrepectful as if his death prevents someone else's then you could in fact interpret that as a sign of respect for Nasser, rather than simply saying "he was robbed in '97!!! RIP"

it is pretty natural considering he died very young and joins a growing list of BBers who have died young or are seriously ill.

it is also relevant as there is an obvious link between their deaths and massive abuse of various drugs and similar abuse of drugs by probably the majority of people on this board.

it is not disrepectful as if his death prevents someone else's then you could in fact interpret that as a sign of respect for Nasser, rather than simply saying "he was robbed in '97!!! RIP"

I have no issue with pointing out the links and what not...just do it another thread. There is a time and place for everything... this thread is not the place for that.

I have no issue with pointing out the links and what not...just do it another thread. There is a time and place for everything... this thread is not the place for that.

f450......see above

dude it's just a thread from a bunch of randoms on the internet.

it's not remotely important.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ploz