over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roelly Winklaar WTF?

I watched the contest live and it was apparent on a lot of guys. Roelly's most muscular pose was the craziest I have seen in a long time though. Even my nephews (all 6' 130 pounds of them) were like WHOOOAAAA, look at that dude.

Guts come from eating a lot of food at once and relaxing your gut. Here's a photo of the innovator right here.

Attachments

• Iron Sheik.jpg
    Iron Sheik.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,387
Exactly. Everyone always talks about how guys now are so much bigger and that's why they have distension. But it's not just the biggest guys. Go back and watch the video of the Arnold from the 90's (posted in the Arnold thread). Dillet, Wheeler, and Levrone are every bit as big as today's guys and they have zero stomach distension whatsoever.

I can't figure out what it is. I've seen numerous guys at my gym who I know are natural who get stomach distension. I was seeing signs of distension before I started using anything. So it's hard to blame everything on drugs.

But according to Levrone, he was eating pounds of meat and tons of rice and vegetables every day. And I know of many 90's bodybuilders who claimed to eat a ton of food as well. So I'm hesitant to say that the excess of food is solely responsible.

It's honestly a mystery to me and it drives me insane trying to figure out what it is. If it was just a few guys it wouldn't bother me. But 20 years ago it was non-existant and now almost every single top level competitor has the problem.

I refuse to buy that it's carbing up. You can watch videos of these guys training year round and the stomach issues almost always seem prevalent.

I agree with all of this. Even myself sometimes feel like I have a slight distention and i don't use HGH or Slin or even compete so there I don't "carb up" per say. I have read that testosterone can also be contributing factor which might make sense.

So tell me what's the reason guys have this today and not in the 80's. Just curious because I trained in the 80's and don't remember 1 guy in the gym with that gut and today in the gym I train maybe 15 guys have it. Just my opinion the look of the 80's was much more appealing.
Well sir, being I'm in my upper 40s I trained in the 80s as well and saw many tummys that were distended...WHEN RELAXED!!!!! Jeeez, some of you guys are hilarious. Take your f'n shirt off...go look in the mirror, now without sucking in your stomach to stick your chest out like a lot of you guys do when you are in public...relax your stomach. Are you going to sit there and tell me your stomach is straight up and down and not sticking out just a little bit? Bros science is getting outta hand. LOL. Theres a cool podcast that was on recently with Justin Harris and a few others and he even states that he doesn't think it's slin or gh or whatever you guys think it is.

I watched the contest live and it was apparent on a lot of guys. Roelly's most muscular pose was the craziest I have seen in a long time though. Even my nephews (all 6' 130 pounds of them) were like WHOOOAAAA, look at that dude.

Guts come from eating a lot of food at once and relaxing your gut. Here's a photo of the innovator right here.

thank you thank you thank you!! Hell, go watch an episode of national geographic where they are filming African tribes. A lot little youngsters walking around with distended stomachs as well. GH and slin gone crazy down there I guess.

So true k1. Good observation and analogy.

At the risk of sounding arrogant and pompous (yes, I have been accused of that on this board), in the business
I work in there is such a thing that I refer to as a ‘kill rate’. This is when the actor or actress are afforded the
opportunity to ‘kill’ or delete a certain percentage of images taken of them on a film; images they do not like
or they feel does not support their self-image. Somebody like Tom Cruise for instance might have a kill rate of
80% where some lesser known actor may have zero say so in what images of them are used for promotional
purposes. I have spent many an hour with an actor, in their trailer, reviewing images I have shot that day of them
only to have them delete half of them. (This ability is written into in their contract.)

Professional bodybuilders, I am surprised, seem to not have this ability. (Maybe Arnold as a bodybuilder did as
he was so business savvy, but I don’t know.) Seems crazy to me to release images that are not complementary.
But the need of wanting to be seen sometimes overrides all rationality. Most will do and say anything for publicity
or money.

On the other hand, I can also see the other side. Some of us want to see and should be able to see the ‘real’ body
with all its flaws weaknesses. But then again . . . bodybuilding and show business are all about illusion.

umm... there are photographers at the show. they upload pics. seconds after the show. when do you think are they gonna ask the pro bodybuilders "OH HEY PLEASE PICK THE BEST 5 PICS OF YOU, ILL JUST DELETE THE OTHER 300"

this is a CONTEST on PHYSICAL APPEARANCE.
why would they ask the competitors to delete the pics they dont look good in, lol

thank you thank you thank you!! Hell, go watch an episode of national geographic where they are filming African tribes. A lot little youngsters walking around with distended stomachs as well. GH and slin gone crazy down there I guess.

are you seriously comparing starving african kids with ascites (A DISEASE) to pro bodybuilders who are stuffing their faces with 10.000 calories each day?

i like your post above but this one is just retarded

You really wrote that?
The fucking wisdom on some of you.

Well sir, being I'm in my upper 40s I trained in the 80s as well and saw many tummys that were distended...WHEN RELAXED!!!!! Jeeez, some of you guys are hilarious. Take your f'n shirt off...go look in the mirror, now without sucking in your stomach to stick your chest out like a lot of you guys do when you are in public...relax your stomach. Are you going to sit there and tell me your stomach is straight up and down and not sticking out just a little bit? Bros science is getting outta hand. LOL. Theres a cool podcast that was on recently with Justin Harris and a few others and he even states that he doesn't think it's slin or gh or whatever you guys think it is.

Or maybe you don't want to admit you HAVE a distended belly? No matter which, the 80s,90, and late 90s no one had this problem. Period.

So what's the reason for the huge guts. I never said it was Gh or slin. You might have saw some fat power lifters like myself not bodybuilders in the 80's with huge guts with abs showing.

Last edited:

I really have no idea what any of this is saying. /\/\/\/\/\ Its clear that pros now have disproportionately bigger waists to the rest of their bodies than they did in the 70's - 90's. That is a fact.

I think today's food is causing all this. Even beyond bbing. All of a sudden left and right people have GI issues, gluten issues, distended guts, etc. The food we eat today is shit compared to food people ate 20+ years ago.

Comptons waist was 30" at the Arnold. I haven't seen 30 since junior high. Idt 30" waist can be classified as distended.

Dude..enough of your one word posts. Quit the post whoring its annoying.

I think his posts are thought-provoking.

he covers a lot of ground in that one word... he makes you question a lot of things that you used to 'know' to be fact.

I think today's food is causing all this. Even beyond bbing. All of a sudden left and right people have GI issues, gluten issues, distended guts, etc. The food we eat today is shit compared to food people ate 20+ years ago.
I've wondered this as well. There's just no way that every single competitive bodybuilder today is eating so much food that they get distension. If that was the case we would have seen signs of it in the past. Even watching videos of 90's bodybuilders in full off season mode, their stomachs all seem to be in check. And you can bet that those guys were eating to grow.

Just a shot in the dark... did bbers back in the day rely more on low glycemic index carbs like sweet potato and broccoli instead of the high GI white rice that's basically the standard these days?

IIRC, there is a connection between high GI foods and visceral fat accumulation, though I am by no means well read on the subject.

On pharm grade hgh and increlex, I'm pretty sure it mentions stomach distention as a possible side effect.

Here's a guy I know...
You're telling me it's like this 24 7 from
Food? This is just front view. IMG_20150311_225813.jpg

Slin will bloat up belly for a couple of hours.
But it goes away each day.

Last edited:
What a lot of people fail to realize is the amount of carbing up these guys do.

Tons of carbs no water equal food not digesting and no pooping. Trust me I compete your bows do not move without water. And I'm sure GH and insulin abuse adds something to it. But that to me looks a lot like a shit load of food in there.

No pooping last days before a show!!??! Magnesium citrate is your friend in that situation.

People need to stop thinking that this is only because of insulin, GH etc.

How many grams of carbs do you think Roelly loads with? I think the huge amount of carbs those big guys eat if one of the main reasons.

People need to stop thinking that this is only because of insulin, GH etc.

How many grams of carbs do you think Roelly loads with? I think the huge amount of carbs those big guys eat if one of the main reasons.

not sure about that. i dont think Gh and insulin are the main reasons neither, but compton had the gut too and he explicitly said that hes not gonna carb load before the show in interviews beforehand...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131