over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

running good or bad?

sparky1214

Newbies
i hardly ever do cardio i work my legs out 3 times every 2 weeks would running say a mile and some bleachers once a week hlep while trying to add mass on my legs?

|--[\\\]>--------- what is running? never run for anything....too much of an aerobic exercise, especially for bbers....if anything WALK on the treadmill if you are just trying to keep the heart strong....if you're trying to add muscle ANYWHERE the last thing you want to do is run.

Just what he said. Plus, running SUCKS! Can u say shin splints?LOL

well ilove running, it is a pain in the ass when you are trying to make gains, but it keeps you tight. its my opinion that the better your cardiovascular system is teh betetr your muscular system will work. BUT if you are a hardcore BB, dont do it :D

some people say aerobic activity like running 'burns' off your muscle and it's not good for mass; and they just stick to weight training, but I gotta run and swim because if I just weight lift I get way to tense and aerobics relax me..

|--[\\\]>--------- Cardio is ok, but stick to stuff like stationary bike or stepper

I think running is fine as long as you don't over do it. I run once a week and that's it. I jog about a mile, then do wind sprints (50yards, as many times as I feel up to). Long range running will burn muscle, sprinting/high-intensity cardio for short periods is good at burning fat. Don't believe me, look at a world class sprinters body, much more muscular than that of a distance runner. Anyway, I think the cardio benefits are worthwhile. My goal isn't absolute mass at all cost, so for me this works.

DrG

There's some pretty big boys that are talking about something similar here http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7593

I'd say the proof is in the pudding. There are LOTS of people where I work that go out and run (distance and frequency the same) and I wouldn't want the pencil legs they've managed as a result. Sprinters have descent legs but not as large as most bodybuilders.

If you're set on running, I'd do it HIIT style.

i've always heard what u guys are telling me...but i graduated high skool this past spring i didn't play football my senior year and didn't really get into bodybuilding and start workin out my legs untill about this past winter and i swear my junior year when i played football my legs were bigger than they are now and i figured it was from all the sprints and bleachers?

Running

I cant run, I get shin splints from hell, but the eliptical trainer works good for me, I usually just to maint cardio 25min 2-3x week post weight training just for overall health I guess and helps me stay leaner, especially doing it post weights when my glycogen stores are drained..

then I guess I'm ok because I only do sprints and climb stairs, I run these stairs up a hill and I'm nearly dead when I get to the top

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner