over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
@Sides Im not sure if you’re aware but when someone uses T3 only, their FT4 and TSH will lower to the point they shut down over time, but many people who use T3 want that to happen in order to feel better. Labs are a whole different beast on T3 only. Their FT3 will measure really high, like over 6 or so. The idea is to mainly go off body temperature to know if they’re feeling better again.

nothuman

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm curious about the copper. Seems like it might be a bad idea to supplement especially in high doses. For example if you check the neurology section here:

But I don't really know much about it. I checked it out awhile back because I read it boosted igf-1, but I was put off by the examine page.

Though I remember Poliquin saying it helped joint pain in some.

but then what are we supposed to do about a copper deficiency? I’m not sure if eating copious amounts of copper is more effective than copper supplementation. It’s tricky

nothuman

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
@nothuman thats interesting on your copper as well. Gonna get mine rechecked I think.

What was your saliva cortisol test like?

Is there anything that seemed to trigger all of this for you?

My saliva cortisol was 11 the last couple times. I’m doing another one in a matter of days along with another thyroid and iron panel, testosterone, etc

nothuman

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do y’all take DHEA and/or Pregnenolone? I started both at the same time for once last week. Hope it’s the right move but I worry about my progesterone being high.

nothuman

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
@swim15 good to see you took my advice and are reading up on Brownstein! I’m doing 50mg lugols iodine for the last month. Hard to know how much it’s helping but it’s a work in progress and I was deficient so I’m happy to be taking it. You should check out his YouTube videos on the subject.

Sides

Registered
@Sides Im not sure if you’re aware but when someone uses T3 only, their FT4 and TSH will lower to the point they shut down over time, but many people who use T3 want that to happen in order to feel better. Labs are a whole different beast on T3 only. Their FT3 will measure really high, like over 6 or so. The idea is to mainly go off body temperature to know if they’re feeling better again.

The shutdown of FT4 and TSH, and reliance on body temperature, would be OK if you are feeling better, but are you feeling better?

I'm asking honestly, not being snarky, because I don't have the answers. I do know that I tried using T3 only, and it seems to have ended up making me feel worse. In February, my FT3 was 4.9, FT4 was 0.8, and TSH was 0.38, and I felt much worse, with constant ups and downs. So I weaned myself off the T3 and have been trying to restart my own thyroid levels, which is not going well either.

If I remember correctly, a few months ago when we were discussing taking T3 only, MyNameIsJeff, BlackBeard and other people were posting information, including the study below, on the necessity of taking T4 as well. But I do know that different protocols work better for different people.

All I do know is that I don't have the answers yet myself.

nothuman

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The shutdown of FT4 and TSH, and reliance on body temperature, would be OK if you are feeling better, but are you feeling better?

I'm asking honestly, not being snarky, because I don't have the answers. I do know that I tried using T3 only, and it seems to have ended up making me feel worse. In February, my FT3 was 4.9, FT4 was 0.8, and TSH was 0.38, and I felt much worse, with constant ups and downs. So I weaned myself off the T3 and have been trying to restart my own thyroid levels, which is not going well either.

If I remember correctly, a few months ago when we were discussing taking T3 only, MyNameIsJeff, BlackBeard and other people were posting information, including the study below, on the necessity of taking T4 as well. But I do know that different protocols work better for different people.

All I do know is that I don't have the answers yet myself.

Ideally, a combo of T3 and T4 is the best thing to try at first.

Me, personally? No, I’m not feeling better yet on T3 only, other than the fact my brain fog isn’t as bad. My temperature isn’t optimal yet, and my FT4 and TSH aren’t fully suppressed yet, so I still need to give it time. I’m just talking about in general when people use T3 only. It should only be attempted if NDT doesn’t work. I don’t think T4 only is ever the right treatment from what I hear. I’ll let you know if I improve though.

It could take up to 12 weeks to feel better on T3 only if reverse T3 is really high, like mine was

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambrose218