over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shitty situation

Lenny

IFBB PRO / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Alright here is the rundown of a shitty situation. I was out on my bachelor party like 5 months ago and a group of us got into a confrontation that heated up. Well, long story short someone got punched in the left eye and got 6 stitches for it. I got pointed out for hitting the guy when actually it was someone else that hit him and took off. He came around me and hit him, so it looked like i did it. So, I got a ticket for a ordinance violation with assault. Just had court yesterday, and the guy came forward who hit him and admitted to it on the stand, but the judge still said I was guilty. So, judge was going to give me 90 days for something I didnt even do in the county jail. Needless to say, I paid the $1000 appeals bond so that I can appeal it and have another hearing in front of a new judge. What do guys think?

I have a good lawyer and he said the truth is the truth and we the culprit admitted to doing it so that should relieve me of my charge. So, I guess i wait till next court date and hope with the truth will serve me justice. Or at least they plea bargain because i have a clean record and i have the actually guy with me who did the crime.

Guys let me know you thoughts?

If he admitted to hitting the guy, I don't understand why the charges weren't dropped against you.

If he admitted to hitting the guy, I don't understand why the charges weren't dropped against you.

Yes, I totally do not understand why the charges were not dropped, so hopefully justice will prevail in the appeals court. I just hate this whole situation being guilty for something I did not even do and the worst part the actually culprit admitted to it under oath and still be guilty. Odd!

Yes, I totally do not understand why the charges were not dropped, so hopefully justice will prevail in the appeals court. I just hate this whole situation being guilty for something I did not even do and the worst part the actually culprit admitted to it under oath and still be guilty. Odd!

Did your lawyer talk to the DA? I thought it's the DAs decision to drop the charges.

Sounds like the judge woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....:rolleyes: Unfortunetly the system is like this if the judge is in a bad mood....

I would fight it if I were you......

I think this is one of those cases where judges are trying to teach a lesson to future situations similar to this one. Regardless he's still a prick.

I think this is one of those cases where judges are trying to teach a lesson to future situations similar to this one. Regardless he's still a prick.

Agreed, but that is why I am appealing it because I think the truth should prevail.

The court system is a bunch of bullshit for the most part, it depends on how good your lawyer is, actually how good your lawyer gets along with the judge, it all comes down to politics. Did you have the lawyer the first time? Maybe the judge just wanted a continuance, for two reasons, 1. to make more money for the lawyers (the judges do this all the time, they don't care if they are wasting your time, because they have to be there anyway)

2. Maybe the witness/evidence wasn't presented with enough time. Sometimes judges give extensions for both sides to "sort things out and ammend the bullshit" But it's really to make more money for the lawyers and like I said before, because they have to be there anyway.

Unfortunately people lie in court all the time, especially the lawyers and the judges don't care, in fact, it's almost as if they don't understand your language if you're not a lawyer. But it should be ok, your lawyer probably needs a little more money so it's getting delayed, I deal with lawyers every single day, and I've been in every type of court you can imagine, that's just how it is. They really do look out for eachother and just play on peoples fears to make money from them.

Good luck, but don't worry too much about it.

DB

put bird seed around the judge's car. vengeance may be immoral but it feels good.

oh and its best not to find a 'good' lawyer but rather the right one. call the judge's office and ask his secretary what lawyers the judge typically likes to work with. I've done this a few times for traffic violations and i still don't have any points on my record. its sleezy but hey so is the entire legal system

That's what you think

Well, hopefully so because they are a family friend. I am just wanted get this all done and the truth be the truth. I can't afford to lose my job. I just want to move on, get this over with and get on with my everyday life. I just want to get on with my training, eating, work, and family life without all of this stress. i will just hope and pray that it goes better in the Appeals court because the actual person who did it is gonna step forward.

if you get convicted of something that you didn't do, especially when the guilty party steps up and admits it, I'd go to the newspapers, local news, Oprah, ... That would be a complete miscarriage of justice.
Did you end up getting married?

if you get convicted of something that you didn't do, especially when the guilty party steps up and admits it, I'd go to the newspapers, local news, Oprah, ... That would be a complete miscarriage of justice.

Totally agree....and yes I am happily married and this is just putting some stress on us. We want it to go away.

you'll be surprised of how different the outcome can be from a different DA and judge. especially the DA. i'm on probation right now for a year for getting into a fist fight with my neighbor. i've already done 9 months, only 3 more to go. i violated my probation, the DA suggested that i get my probation extended for 3 more years! i had the case continued for a month hoping to get a different DA. When i went, the DA was different, and suggested that i get no extended probation at all, and that's what i got. some DAs are just assholes. and the judge most of the time does what they suggest. but you don't have a record at all, i can't see you doing any jail time for this, espcially since the real guy admits to it. if you bring it to trial i think you'll win, espcially if you have a good lawyer, and if you have witnesses. if you plea out, the worst i can see happening is you get a CWOF (continuence without a finding) and get put probation for a year max, and after the year is done, the charge goes away it doesn't go on your record. not that big of a deal but the monthly fees suck. the whole thing sucks actually especially since you didn't do anything. and if you were drinking the time of this incident they might have you get drug and alcohol tests which is even more annoying. i'm just speaking out of my experience with the courts, and sadly to say i do have some experience with getting arrested and whatnot. also, the state you live in does play a role in the outcome. some states are more strict

Last edited:
The title of your thread is quite accurate, Lenny.

I need to see this thread because it reinforces my decision to not drink and stay out of bars. A bachelor party gone wrong though, that sucks. That's supposed to be a fun time.

well best of luck man i dished out 20k for an assault and battery w deadly weapon charge, had an amazing lawyer, got sued for medical and physical/mental damage........crybaby shit it was a 5 year remainder and they waitd last 2 months of remainder to sue!!!!!!!!! karma will fuck them!!
then you have to go in give deposition all of that bs waste of time crap

HAHAHA! OPRAH@! THAZA GUUD wan! Thanks I needed that!:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner