over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Short Video of Ronnie has me in tears

Hands down, the king and a real class act! King Ronnie will rock forever! In my humble opinion he is the most inspiring Mr. Olympia ever.

He spends years lifting inhuman amounts of weights, and is now getting his body repaired from the damage the weights caused, all the while maintaining an awesome attitude about it and asking for prayers.

You then proceed to think God is punishing him for dealing with the consequences of being over 300 pounds for years as well as moving superhuman amounts of weights?

His situation has nothing to do with fairness or deserving anything. Its the possibility of the ramifications of our hobby.. He is handling the issues with humility and dignity, you're the one "idolizing" a man.... that's a real issue..

well said, nobody is being punished, we all have free will, like others mentioned i believe he had a genetic predisposition for some of his problems but the way he trained more than likely had a hand in his current status too, i have empathy for him but i do not feel sorry for him.

He still is in AWESOME shape... not a mass monster anymore for sure, but damn lean and looking better than 99.9% men his age who never had the slightest back surgery... if that's not genetics, then... :eek::headbang:

Nothing against Ronnie of course. You don't win the Olympia that many times being complacent. What I read recently is the rods and screws came loose a short time after his back surgery. They have to go back in one more time and replace them. Regardless of the mans atrophy he still looks likes he's in good shape.

Last edited:
I hope that things look up for him soon. I don't like to see a good man down. I wish him the best. I think he was a great Mr. Olympia. Great work ethic and humble. I have one of his DVDs that he sold early on, he autographed it for me. He is a very likeable man. I think I remember hearing how he bought his mother a house after he came into money.

I’ve never seen Ronnie in a bad mood. That dude always has a smile on his face!

When I think of strength I think of Big Ron and it sucks to see him appear to be in a state of fragility. Just like the hurt I felt when he lost those last few and the invulnerable unbeatable was beaten I don’t want to see the Big man appear frail or in pain.

When I think of strength I think of Big Ron and it sucks to see him appear to be in a state of fragility. Just like the hurt I felt when he lost those last few and the invulnerable unbeatable was beaten I don’t want to see the Big man appear frail or in pain.

Permanence is a myth many of us can fool ourselves into believing.

Time is the only permanent thing. And it'll take everything with it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGU9pHurF8"]Ronnie Coleman Working out In The Hospital After Surgery 2018 (Very Emotional) - YouTube[/ame]

Still the King in my book. Met him a couple of times at the shows I worked at. Incredible nice guy. I worked out with his training partner from Texas a few times, damn if I can remember his name. Almost as big as Ronnie. Funny guy always quoted Ronnie. He had nothing but the highest praise for the man. After all this, he is back in the gym being his positive self. Yeah Buddy! Light weight!
Massive respect. I'll never complain again about my sore joints!

Still the King in my book. Met him a couple of times at the shows I worked at. Incredible nice guy. I worked out with his training partner from Texas a few times, damn if I can remember his name. Almost as big as Ronnie. Funny guy always quoted Ronnie. He had nothing but the highest praise for the man. After all this, he is back in the gym being his positive self. Yeah Buddy! Light weight!
Massive respect. I'll never complain again about my sore joints!

Big J?

This seriously made me tear up.

I idolized this man. He doesn’t deserve this. You can see and feel the pain on his face and voice.

All his devotion to God and this is his lords way of repaying him apparently.

https://youtu.be/dFD0WLA8wGk

It has nothing to do with "repayment". When someone brutalizes their body to the point of spinal deterioration, especially in combination with genetic spinal disadvantages, stuff like this happens.

Blaming God for his dilemma is no different than blaming God for the parlaying neck injury experienced by a god-loving football player after deciding to tackle his opponent head first...or the god-loving boxer who ends up with brain damage after allowing his head to get pounded in for decades...or even the god-loving IV drug addict who ends up with a serious case of meningitis after using a dirty needle...or the humanitarian nurse who contracts a life-taking disease after treating villages of sick people where disease is rampant, etc.

There are plenty of people FAR MORE devoted to serving their God than Ronnie is...and have had MUCH worse things happen to them, such as being killed simply for trying to help others by spreading the gospel and alleviating suffering. As far as I can tell, Ronnie has spent the vast majority of his life setting and achieving goals that primarily benefit himself and if he desires, his loved ones. While there is not necessarily anything wrong with that, it is VERY different than those who serve their God by serving others (i.e strangers) without receiving anything in return, yet their lives are filled with hardship and heartache.

So, when using the word "deserve", one should be prepared to look at the bigger picture...because plenty of people have "deserved" far more and received far worse.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with "repayment". When someone brutalizes their body to the point of spinal deterioration, especially in combination with genetic spinal disadvantages, stuff like this happens.

Blaming God for his dilemma is no different than blaming God for the parlaying neck injury experienced by a god-loving football player after deciding to tackle his opponent head first...or the god-loving boxer who ends up with brain damage after allowing his head to get pounded in for decades...or even the god-loving IV drug addict who ends up with a serious case of meningitis after using a dirty needle...or the humanitarian nurse who contracts a life-taking disease after treating villages of sick people where disease is rampant, etc.

There are plenty of people FAR MORE devoted to serving their God than Ronnie is...and have had MUCH worse things happen to them, such as being killed simply for trying to help others by spreading the gospel and alleviating suffering. As far as I can tell, Ronnie has spent the vast majority of his life setting and achieving goals that primarily benefit himself and if he desires, his loved ones. While there is not necessarily anything wrong with that, it is VERY different than those who serve their God by serving others (i.e strangers) without receiving anything in return, yet their lives are filled with hardship and heartache.

So, when using the word "deserve", one should be prepared to look at the bigger picture...because plenty of people have "deserved" far more and received far worse.

100% correct.

God doesn't give a shit. And that is coming from a theist.

Good observation Mike. "deserve", why do so many believe they deserve something from the universe (good or bad)?

Last edited:
Leave the religious aspect out of it. Ronnie isn’t blaming god. Ronnie isn’t blaming anything on anyone. Ronnie is thankful for just being able to walk again.instead of getting all mad and trying to sue the hospital for having complications to the surgery like most People would do he’s just happy to go for a walk and thanking his fans.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say anything bad about Ronnie. Even the people who dreams he crushed. The guy was happy to be a police officer for god sake and did it cause he liked helping others. He didn’t have to. No mr Olympian works a day job, hell... Phil health can even make videos for his fans and is dropped by every supplement company cause he’s such an asshole. Ronnie is Really a remarkable person

Last edited:
This seriously made me tear up.

I idolized this man. He doesn’t deserve this. You can see and feel the pain on his face and voice.

https://youtu.be/dFD0WLA8wGk

I have realized that myself and others may have been harsh. So let me reiterate.

God doesnt punish you for being bad. Nor does the Almighty reward you for being good.

God doesn't give a shit. But you do. Question your God but don't question your faith. Can you draw the distinguishion between the two? God and faith? Faith and hope are two sides of the same coin. And you can cash that coin in every and all situations. There is no limit. It is one hell of a great delusion (the East would say illusion).

I don't know Coleman personally. I never read about his personal beliefs. I did idolize him as teen. Clearly he was not lifting lightweight when he would say, "lightweight baby!" And to say he didn't have faith in himself and hope for the best, would be incorrect. intuitively we know this.

I have realized that myself and others may have been harsh. So let me reiterate.

God doesnt punish you for being bad. Nor does the Almighty reward you for being good.

God doesn't give a shit. But you do. Question your God but don't question your faith. Can you draw the distinguishion between the two? God and faith? Faith and hope are two sides of the same coin. And you can cash that coin in every and all situations. There is no limit. It is one hell of a great delusion (the East would say illusion).

I don't know Coleman personally. I never read about his personal beliefs. I did idolize him as teen. Clearly he was not lifting lightweight when he would say, "lightweight baby!" And to say he didn't have faith in himself and hope for the best, would be incorrect. intuitively we know this.

This statement shows a significant ignorance of the Bible and the things it teaches... God absolutely cares about each decision we make because those decisions are what separate us from Him. The decision to believe in and follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what separates men, and God absolutely cares about each person and that choice. The God of The Bible is not a clockmaker without feelings..

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear