over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shoulders, shoulders, shoulders, need more growth

mike ross

Registered
i think i have done about every exercise i have ever known. compound movements, isolated movements, etc. what movements do you guys do for your shoulders. list your favorite 3 or 4 if you dont mind and some tips too.

seated presses with a 2 or 3 inch bar out of a rack or with a log(like on world strongest man)

shoulders

Db or bb presses (seated), lateral raises (standing with Db`s)
and finish with reverse flys on thE incline.
If I had to choose three id take those.

heavy shruggs,arnold press,seated press in smith to front.

here is a really good one...

it made my side delts pop out and really get that "capped off" look..

i do strict later raises but my palms are facing the wall(straight ahead)....when doing this you need to bend forward a few inches, not alow and focus on your side delts..

i have no idea how or why the mechanics of this movement are so good but i learned them from this old dude in the gym like 7yrs ago.. the guy was build like shit but had the sickest side delts and since he swore it was from doing laterals like that, i tried them out,...

goodluck

Re: ..

do you mean the palms facing the wall to the side of your body, or to the front of your body?

G.E.R.M said:
here is a really good one...

it made my side delts pop out and really get that "capped off" look..

i do strict later raises but my palms are facing the wall(straight ahead)....when doing this you need to bend forward a few inches, not alow and focus on your side delts..

i have no idea how or why the mechanics of this movement are so good but i learned them from this old dude in the gym like 7yrs ago.. the guy was build like shit but had the sickest side delts and since he swore it was from doing laterals like that, i tried them out,...

goodluck

i think he means to the front of the wall if your facing it, so palms facing the wall in front of you. i have done those like that before. our strength coach swore by them, they got my neck big as well.

rajjin, you pretty much named my 3 favorite.

sHOULDERS

I could give you a list of shit to do a mile long, but its not the exercises its more like how the exercise is done,,,,my shoulders grew at a rapid pace when I started to extremely fatigue them, this meens burn em out, drop sets super sets and MOST OF ALL PARTIALS , partials worked the best , like at the end of a set of 9 heavy reps Id bust out 6 more partials. good luck

shoulder routine

Shoulder Routine I designed 2day compound/isolation split

go ahead and kill this based of theroys, which were the root of creatine this routine, all i know is that its been tested and proven to work by myself after hitting a plataeu and experimenting this 2 day split worked awsome for my strength and size within a couple months, it looks terrible but it works great, here:

Shoulder Routine I designed 2day compound/isolation split
going through old personal training doc's and found an old shoulder routine I used to do last year for about 10 weeks and went from doing sets of miliatary press with 225 to 275 by the end. Its a compound movement/isolation split. I experimented a lot with training and found what works best with me, overall varation works the best for anyone, so if your sick of your shoulder routine you might want to try this out for awhile it worked great for me. Shoulders are my best part and after i post pics I always get asked about my shoulder routine so I figured this may help some of you at a plataeu with them. Anyway here it is:

You will have to find a way to fit this into your current schedule, I split it up monday and thursday, remeber shoulders are a secondary group used when working chest so be sure to make chest day before or after mon/thur and you should be okay. For me during this time shoulders were my main muscle group of focus thats why 2 days were dedicated to them, but also chest was important so I did chest Monday and did all my isolation work after for shoulders. Its up to you just prioritize what groups you want to grow and focus on them. Thursday I did shoulders with traps after but I always was fresh so I made most of my gains on this day.

routine looks real different but simple

Monday/Conentration:

Dumbell front raises 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

DB Side Raises 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

DB Lateral raises 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

DB bent over single arm side raises (real delts) 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

Reverse sitting, chest fly machine (real delts) 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure.

(all lowering of weight (negitive portion of the rep) was done at the same rate i used when i raised it, only exception would be when i take 1-2 second breaks my last few reps at the bottom portion of the exercise like when DB's were at my sides during side raises, and after the very short break i would use explosive movement to raise it, also would cheat near the end of exercise with a slight swing for extra momentum. Just remeber never to let the weight fall keep a steady grip and speed lowering weight its half the exercies)

3-4 minute breaks between exercises and 2 minute breaks between sets. 20 sets.

After I completed this I would take 5 min break then i would go back to DB lateral raises, of all concentration exercies they work the best for hitting all heads overall. I did 1 decending supper set like this, 35s,25s,15s... reps i were always different just drop the weight soon as you hit failure or get near it with DB's and go to failure always with your 3rd and final weight.

Thursday Compound.

Behind the neck barbell WIDE grip presses:
warm up, 5 sets 10-12 reps to failure last set use a spotter get 2-3 forced reps.

Smith machine milatary press to chin with regular grip
4 sets to failure 10-12 reps, 2-3 forced reps last set

DB arnold presses 4 sets 10-12 reps to failure.

palms facing each other, shoulder press machine

4 sets 10-12 reps.

When done with this wait about 5 minutes. Go back to free weight milatary press do 1 decending strip set. example 185, 135, 95 lbs. you can take short breaks of 10-15 seconds while dropping the weight. last set get atleast 3 forced reps.

this days routine focuses on all compound movements, it alternates from free weights to, fixed movements through the workout, and every exercise ends with the most intensity.

If anyone trys this out keep me posted on your results... thanks.

going through old personal training doc's and found an old shoulder routine I used to do last year for about 10 weeks and went from doing sets of miliatary press with 225 to 275 by the end. Its a compound movement/isolation split. I experimented a lot with training and found what works best with me, overall varation works the best for anyone, so if your sick of your shoulder routine you might want to try this out for awhile it worked great for me. Shoulders are my best part and after i post pics I always get asked about my shoulder routine so I figured this may help some of you at a plataeu with them. Anyway here it is:

You will have to find a way to fit this into your current schedule, I split it up monday and thursday, remeber shoulders are a secondary group used when working chest so be sure to make chest day before or after mon/thur and you should be okay. For me during this time shoulders were my main muscle group of focus thats why 2 days were dedicated to them, but also chest was important so I did chest Monday and did all my isolation work after for shoulders. Its up to you just prioritize what groups you want to grow and focus on them. Thursday I did shoulders with traps after but I always was fresh so I made most of my gains on this day.

routine looks real different but simple

Monday/Conentration:

Dumbell front raises 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

DB Side Raises 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

DB Lateral raises 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

DB bent over single arm side raises (real delts) 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure

Reverse sitting, chest fly machine (real delts) 4 sets, 10-12 reps to failure.

(all lowering of weight (negitive portion of the rep) was done at the same rate i used when i raised it, only exception would be when i take 1-2 second breaks my last few reps at the bottom portion of the exercise like when DB's were at my sides during side raises, and after the very short break i would use explosive movement to raise it, also would cheat near the end of exercise with a slight swing for extra momentum. Just remeber never to let the weight fall keep a steady grip and speed lowering weight its half the exercies)

3-4 minute breaks between exercises and 2 minute breaks between sets. 20 sets.

After I completed this I would take 5 min break then i would go back to DB lateral raises, of all concentration exercies they work the best for hitting all heads overall. I did 1 decending supper set like this, 35s,25s,15s... reps i were always different just drop the weight soon as you hit failure or get near it with DB's and go to failure always with your 3rd and final weight.

Thursday Compound.

Behind the neck barbell WIDE grip presses:
warm up, 5 sets 10-12 reps to failure last set use a spotter get 2-3 forced reps.

Smith machine milatary press to chin with regular grip
4 sets to failure 10-12 reps, 2-3 forced reps last set

DB arnold presses 4 sets 10-12 reps to failure.

palms facing each other, shoulder press machine

4 sets 10-12 reps.

When done with this wait about 5 minutes. Go back to free weight milatary press do 1 decending strip set. example 185, 135, 95 lbs. you can take short breaks of 10-15 seconds while dropping the weight. last set get atleast 3 forced reps.

this days routine focuses on all compound movements, it alternates from free weights to, fixed movements through the workout, and every exercise ends with the most intensity.

If anyone trys this out keep me posted on your results... thanks.

I am a hard gainer for delts. So with weak delts (sizewise, strength was always pretty good) for most of my BBing life, here is what brought them out the best. They are OK now, still not great-but WAY better than they used to be.

Heavy front presses. Last set either a drop set or rep set.

Then-front and side laterals for either: reps/supersets/dropsets.
Anything to burn them out. I'll mix in some heavy sets too every other workout or so. Use cables and dumbells. Cables seem to work best with the rep stuff.

|--[\\\]>---------- My shoulders respond better to not how much weight i do (i still go pretty heavy) but how 'controlled' my reps are, all my reps are like 2 seconds down, 2 sec. up, VERY controlled. Side laterals, i dont let the db's drop all the way to my side, i stop b4 my shoulders relax, i keep constant tention on the delts when i do that. For front military presses, i keep my hands fairly close together, that really seems to work the 'front of the delt" I am also trying to do to many trap exercises, my traps are huge and make my delts look narrow.

I lift kinda like the Bigbad. Everything's very controlled and I literally try and feel every fiber of the shoulder working. I'm suprised no one's mentioned this yet, but to me, the KING of all shoulder excersices is the Hammer Strength behind the neck press. I grow when I look it that machine(not really, but it sounded good). I'll bet the V man does though. Oh, and another excersise I like, well actually the only other one I do, is cable side laterals. Finally, for me I've found that shoulders are my only muscle group that I have to be careful not to overtrain. I even skip shoulders every month or so to be certain this doesn't happen. Good luck!

some good info here. I also have some troubles with my shoulders and nutrition etc is certainly not the problem. I was thinking or a better training routine of a few bottles of syntherol LOL

millitary press, millitary press, millitary press, millitary press, millitary press

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws