over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleeping only 5 hours a night and feeling awesome

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
Most of my life I have been an oversleeper. Partly I think it was because of laziness and I used the "Bodybuilders need more sleep" thing as an excuse. The last year or so reality hit me hard in the face and I have realized Ill never be a famous bodybuilder but in my job as a car salesman I have been great and the management wants to promote me to be a finance manager. So I have been hustling hard at work to make money and prove it that I'm not a one hit wonder and I am the right guy for the job so I can get promoted. Since the beginning of this month I have only been sleeping 4-5 hours a night. My workouts are just as good. I don't feel sleepy or groggy during the day either. Any long term effects I should be concerned about?

When I barely sleep I can't get out of bed, but I'm energised throughout the day mostly too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oversleep ruins my day. When I get a good 5-7 hours of deep solid rest,,,I'm very productive the following day. If I sleep 9-10hrs + I'm sluggish and lethargic most of the day.
Isn't this just so weird? I'm the same exact way. Hope someone with knowledge on this can chime in.

I find when I over sleep it ruins my appetite..almost like it slows my metabolism.
I do much better getting up at the same time every morning even if it's an hour or two less sleep. My 2 year old takes care of any oversleeping lately anyhow..lol

People who sleep 7-8 hours a night live longer according to science. I would imagine there are a lot of exceptions but that's the majority.

im in bed at 10 and up by 2am everyday and im never tired...yes 4 hours of sleep...the body can adapt to many things, and if your sleeping then someone else is up taking your opportunities...good for you for realizing what it is your good at and excel at...

it may not always be the thing you want it to be in life, but being successful career wise is about finding what your truly talented at, not what you like..im sure Michael Jordan would have preferred to play baseball and Phil Heath would have preferred to play in the NBA, but there calling was something else...

you have found your calling, what your good at and can be successful at, dont let it slip away (I know your not, but just re emphasizing this)

as far as long term health risks- the stress of the job will effect you more then the sleep...remember to leave work at work once you go home, also ZMA does wonders for sleep as does HGH

I'm signed up for a sleep study next month. I've started getting tired all the time and I first thought it was the HGH but I've ruled that out.
They ran one test and found I stopped breathing 30 times an hour so I hope to get it straightened out!

Listen to your body - if you feel good and your bloodwork us solid --- your all good!

So you're presenting an anecdote as proof that the medical community and all of their research is wrong?

I work swing shifts and when Im on days 5-6 hours of sleep and I'm good . But when I swop to nights I can run on 3-4 and be fine. I have been like this 11 years.

im in bed at 10 and up by 2am everyday and im never tired...yes 4 hours of sleep...the body can adapt to many things, and if your sleeping then someone else is up taking your opportunities...good for you for realizing what it is your good at and excel at...

it may not always be the thing you want it to be in life, but being successful career wise is about finding what your truly talented at, not what you like..im sure Michael Jordan would have preferred to play baseball and Phil Heath would have preferred to play in the NBA, but there calling was something else...

you have found your calling, what your good at and can be successful at, dont let it slip away (I know your not, but just re emphasizing this)

as far as long term health risks- the stress of the job will effect you more then the sleep...remember to leave work at work once you go home, also ZMA does wonders for sleep as does HGH
Same here. In bed by 11:00 PM at the latest, and up by 3:30-4:00 every morning.

Obviously a little more sleep than you, but have done it for as long as I can remember. My doctor knows about it and isn't concerned, so I figured I shouldn't be either.
Isn't this just so weird? I'm the same exact way. Hope someone with knowledge on this can chime in.

I find when I over sleep it ruins my appetite..almost like it slows my metabolism.
I do much better getting up at the same time every morning even if it's an hour or two less sleep. My 2 year old takes care of any oversleeping lately anyhow..lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I average 5-6 hours a night, I have since BMT years ago. I think most of the reason I slept more was because of how I had trouble getting restful sleep, but melatonin and the occasional benadryl allow me to sleep soundly.

I also do my workouts late at night, I get to the gym at 11:30 pm to 12:00am and after my warm up, workout, shake/shower/meal (precooked), I am ready to sleep.

I do find sometimes after legs I need to sleep a bit more. Widowmakers just wreck me all over. I might take a 30-45 minute nap in the car on my lunch.

While not everyone will have the exact same sleep requirements, there have been plenty of studies conducted which show that those who sleep less than 6 hours per night are significantly more likely to experience endocrine (reduced testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, and leptin levels, increased cortisol and ghrelin levels, adrenal burnout), metabolic (reduced metabolic rate, glucose dysregulation/insulin resistance/diabetes, metabolic syndrome), CNS (reduced neuro-cognitive performance, the development of certain neurological conditions, emotional disorders-depression, etc), muscular (reduced rate of cellular repair), digestive (IBS, ulcers, GERD, reduced motility), immune (increases in pro-inflammatory markers and increased systemic inflammation), and cardiovascular system (increased blood pressure, atherosclerosis, dyslipidemia) dysfunction and damage.

A sleep deficiency disturbs/impairs literally 1000’s of functions to one degree or another, adversely affecting every single cell/system in the body, including those which influence muscle growth.

Last edited:
What I am interested in is how much too little sleep effects guys, especially those on gear, in gaining mass. As long as we are on a TRT dosage we shouldn't have to worry about reduced testosterone; it may be GH production that we have to worry about. But then again;what if we were to supplement HGH?

Recovery might be the largest factor, but I cannot see this being an issue for someone who works a typical desk job. If you are on your feet (road construction, for example) than recovery may take a beating.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws