over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SNACKS FOR KIDS

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
for those of you that have kids, what type of snacks do you give them? when you look at the amount of ingredients in some of the stuff in the grocery stores... all the coloring and flavoring can't be good for them. i mean you can't expect them to eat like a body builder, but there have to be some healthy alternatives.

My kids love bananas, strawberries and I tell them raisins are candy and they eat them. Also, they love goldfish crackers and I do buy them those chewy fruit snacks which is not the healthiest item they can eat but it does keep them quiet for awhile. My two youngest are 2 and 3... Hope this helps.

for those of you that have kids, what type of snacks do you give them? when you look at the amount of ingredients in some of the stuff in the grocery stores... all the coloring and flavoring can't be good for them. i mean you can't expect them to eat like a body builder, but there have to be some healthy alternatives.

Give them lots of fruits and veggies. Keep them chopped up and easy to eat straight out of the fridge. One good way to have them to eat well is to just not have ANY junk food in the house. They will get hungry and the only option they will have is eating healthy.

My son wanted to eat better and he is doing that. I got him protien bars to sample. He likes The Supreme Protien and Oh Yea bars. Better the other junk.

My son wanted to eat better and he is doing that. I got him protien bars to sample. He likes The Supreme Protien and Oh Yea bars. Better the other junk.

pesty how old is your son that he is starting to take interest in his diet?

I have to agree with Alin... If you chop up some fruit and have it ready they will eat it.. Especially if you start them young.. My problem is that we did not get our daughter starting off eating that healthy from the start and now she is really picky...

My son is another story.. he love fruit, veggies, rice, chicken... anything healthy... Hes only 1 but were making sure that hes being introduced to a lot of healthy foods early on and not aquire a taste for junk..

As you can see, our daughter loves cupcakes, and she loves to bake cakes, brownies, cookies. She loves to eat them too! I cant ever see her getting fat anytime soon and shes average height and weight but it drives me crazy to see her turn down the healthy choices for chips and stuff like that.. We are slowly eliminating all bad stuff from the house and everyone is benefiting from it.

P.S Greg. it looks like your son is putting on some size.. I remember he was really much thinner and tall.... but looks like hes packing on some good weight, i know hes pretty tall... but hes starting to learn from his dad how to eat.. thats great..

Attachments

• alexiscupcakes.jpg
    alexiscupcakes.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
FRUITS, AND THEY THINK CRYSTAL LITE IS KOOL AID ALSO.

pesty how old is your son that he is starting to take interest in his diet?

Recently at 15 1/2. I actually really never pushed him. I also see him doing pushups and abs in his room. He really is kind of reserved, so he hasn't really wanted to go to the gym, yet. I think he will want to, eventually.

When i was a child i ate a ton!! I always had raisins at my disposal and i loved them.. Also there was always a huge plate of Lunch meat rolled with a piece of cheese with a tooth pick in the middle... My mom got tired of me asking for food all the time so this was always around.. I seem to have turned out ok :p

i wish i would have eaten more healthy foods in my earlier years. I drank 2 liters of Coke every day when i was young, luckily i still have all my teeth.....
when i started BB i dropped al the unhealthy shit. although i still enjoy life.
So when i have kids i make sure they will eat enough healty foods every day (fruits and veggies).

But on the other hand kids do have to be kids, so eating a little junk in a while isnt that bad. That makes being a kid fun, but in moderation and after eating all the healthy stuff. Except for Coke, i will never buy that shit for my kids.

when I was a kid I'd commit a homocide for a yodel

this

nutella-450.jpg

and this

Pumpkin_Pie.jpg

all day long baby!! :D

J/K

if they're under 8, try to make it "look" funky and fun to eat... making it into shapes and stuff... kids love that...
but don't forget, they're kids... they have the right to splurge every now and then... more now than then :D

Some say you give them raisins, fruit etc... well i hope its organic.

Or else its probably worse than candy for their health, raisins especially have huge amount of toxins in them from pesticides and anti fungus chemicals.

Alex, your daughter is adorable. I notice there is no icing on the cupcakes which is a good start lol. Try giving your kids sweet potato chips, BigChef did a thread on them in the recipe forum. My wife made them the other night and holy crap were they good!!! Go light on the olive oil as you don't want the chips swimming in it. They are sweet, which is perfect because I have a bad sweet tooth

Alex, your daughter is adorable. I notice there is no icing on the cupcakes which is a good start lol. Try giving your kids sweet potato chips, BigChef did a thread on them in the recipe forum. My wife made them the other night and holy crap were they good!!! Go light on the olive oil as you don't want the chips swimming in it. They are sweet, which is perfect because I have a bad sweet tooth

I think we all have a bad sweet tooth ;)

I hear you. Im really a fat guy on the inside trying to get out.. i would actually love all the bad stuff but have really tricked myself into making my meals satisfy me.

And yeah thats a great recipe that bigchef wrote about. and a great idea..

I have been buying baked chips for her as a snack, which is still pretty tasty..

But i cant figure out how to get her to eat vegetables.. I mean there is no way.. She doesnt know the value of money yet so i cant bribe her with monetary items.. maybe soon though?

Some say you give them raisins, fruit etc... well i hope its organic.

Or else its probably worse than candy for their health, raisins especially have huge amount of toxins in them from pesticides and anti fungus chemicals.

Anyone else ever here of this? I knoW raisins are toxic to dogs but not humans. Almost everything supposedly is toxic or causes cancer and everyone makes a bug deal about. Apples contain cyanide in the core but we still eat them. I'm not referring to organic which you will never know how organic it is unless you grow it in your own untampered soil ect... You catch my drift...I love my kids more than anything and would never give them raisins if they were toxic to them.

my wife and i had a big arguement about how our son eats , he diden't like veggies so i started making him eat them first , no other food on his plate till he ate the veggies , I gave him several choices to choose from so he narrowed it down , the wife thinks it was cruel. She said well what if he doesen't eat any of them? I said then he goes to bed hungry !!
I think that alot of people are WAY to soft on their kids with their choices these days , "little jonny just won't eat vegitables" well if thats all he has got eventualy he will eat them especialy if he knows he can have his chicken strips after their gone. I'm not saying starve the kid but give him a healthy meal and if he doesn't eat it , wrap it up and save it then he will get hungry later and when he ask for a snack , offer him his dinner , eventualy he will eat it I promiss !!
I think that alot of people who have never had to do without in their lives don't respect what they have and how good they have it , very few people have ever been "hungry" because they just diden't have any food.

anyway , I feed my kids alot of dried fruits that I do myself and fresh fruits , we eat ALOT of eggs at our house at any point in time we have several dozen boiled.

I make a "dip" out of my chocolate whey , mix several cups of whey in a bowl and ad just enough watter to get it to thick pancake batter consistancy , then I'll add 8-10 oz of chocolate LBA's for (sweetness more than anything) and mix it in generaly I'll have to add several more scooops of whey to thicken it up but do this last as its a bitch to stir , lastly I'll drop in 5-6 tablespoons of "Naturaly More" peanut butter , this again thickens it and makes it a little bit less sticky otherwise its like thick glue.

the end result is a chocolaty "dip" that goes great on rice cakes , fresh apples , celery whatever and rather that be full of sugar or fat from peanut butter and jelly its full of protein , the amout of fat from the peanut butter is actualy very low considering the amout of protein in it. My 5 and 12yr old both love it and prefer it to most other things.

Unfortunatly my 12yr old girl doesn't live with me full time and her mom and step dad are anything but the workout type (mom is comming around) so her "diet" when she is not here is less than desireable but she is learing and starting to make her own food at home , it cost me alot more cause I give her cash directly to buy her own food or take her shopping but its well worth it.
Quaker makes some flavored rice cakes that are awsome and the "minis" are perfect little filling snacks

Anyone else ever here of this? I knoW raisins are toxic to dogs but not humans. Almost everything supposedly is toxic or causes cancer and everyone makes a bug deal about. Apples contain cyanide in the core but we still eat them. I'm not referring to organic which you will never know how organic it is unless you grow it in your own untampered soil ect... You catch my drift...I love my kids more than anything and would never give them raisins if they were toxic to them.

I think it was more of a referance to what is ADDED to them or on them for that matter for preservation purposees more than what comes in them naturaly.

I know if i eat a pound of grapes picked right off the vine I'll swear Ive be poisened , I'll shit like a goose for hrs !! all about moderation

my wife and i had a big arguement about how our son eats , he diden't like veggies so i started making him eat them first , no other food on his plate till he ate the veggies , I gave him several choices to choose from so he narrowed it down , the wife thinks it was cruel. She said well what if he doesen't eat any of them? I said then he goes to bed hungry !!
I think that alot of people are WAY to soft on their kids with their choices these days , "little jonny just won't eat vegitables" well if thats all he has got eventualy he will eat them especialy if he knows he can have his chicken strips after their gone. I'm not saying starve the kid but give him a healthy meal and if he doesn't eat it , wrap it up and save it then he will get hungry later and when he ask for a snack , offer him his dinner , eventualy he will eat it I promiss !!
I think that alot of people who have never had to do without in their lives don't respect what they have and how good they have it , very few people have ever been "hungry" because they just diden't have any food.

anyway , I feed my kids alot of dried fruits that I do myself and fresh fruits , we eat ALOT of eggs at our house at any point in time we have several dozen boiled.

I make a "dip" out of my chocolate whey , mix several cups of whey in a bowl and ad just enough watter to get it to thick pancake batter consistancy , then I'll add 8-10 oz of chocolate LBA's for (sweetness more than anything) and mix it in generaly I'll have to add several more scooops of whey to thicken it up but do this last as its a bitch to stir , lastly I'll drop in 5-6 tablespoons of "Naturaly More" peanut butter , this again thickens it and makes it a little bit less sticky otherwise its like thick glue.

the end result is a chocolaty "dip" that goes great on rice cakes , fresh apples , celery whatever and rather that be full of sugar or fat from peanut butter and jelly its full of protein , the amout of fat from the peanut butter is actualy very low considering the amout of protein in it. My 5 and 12yr old both love it and prefer it to most other things.

Unfortunatly my 12yr old girl doesn't live with me full time and her mom and step dad are anything but the workout type (mom is comming around) so her "diet" when she is not here is less than desireable but she is learing and starting to make her own food at home , it cost me alot more cause I give her cash directly to buy her own food or take her shopping but its well worth it.
Quaker makes some flavored rice cakes that are awsome and the "minis" are perfect little filling snacks

i agree with you ...

That Naturally More Peanut Butter is awsome... I love that stuff... Lots of Protein as well...More then most PB's...Good EFA's too...

My Son is 2.5... He's very picky with all foods... Pasta is his fav... Funny thing is is that he loves my protein shakes...

I think the most important thing is that you teach your kids that they have to enjoy what they are eating and that they should only enjoy certain things in moderation such as candy. You can't really say anything against fruit for a child its better than having them eat snickers.

But in general in all comes down to teaching them moderation etc.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws