over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

social anxiety meds?

That's very short sighted advice. There's a saying..."People take their own strengths and weaknesses for those of the world."

Your anxiety issue may be mild to moderate, but your able to handle it on your own. That doesn't mean that the OP has the same level or degree of anxiety that you do. What if someone was suffering from schizophrenia...Even though the anxiety isn't real, you wouldn't try reasoning with someone, saying it's all in your head! I do agree with you that meds shouldn't necessarily be the first choice in treatment depending on the diagnosis and degree of the problem.

To the OP, you should try talking to a therapist. There may be some mental / emotional exercises that will help you control the anxiety. Like others have said, Benzo's have strong addictive properties! Since you think you have a low affinity for addiction, I would recommend something like Kratom first, before a highly addictive synthetic.
Great advice Bio.

thanks for any replies on medications, with all due respect to supplements im looking for a prescription med i can talk to a doctor about and has been tried and true, i am not a supplement person at all even for bodybuilding. just not my thing to be trying the new things.

i would rather have something i can take for social situations like a work outing, etc. not an every day thing if that helps.

anyone ever try zoloft? that is one thing that comes up on google when researching the topic
I am on forty mgs a day of Zoloft . It has changed my life for the best, use two. five klonopin when needed and at that dose I can still work or do what ever.

kids are killing themselves on kratom where im from???

Where are you from that people are actually dying form kratom use? I am not busting your balls man - I just have known kratom for well over a decade and I have never heard of anyone dying. In fact - there are some health benefits of plain leaf.. I am not talking about the extracts - I absolutely hate them and they most definitely can be dangerous in my opinion.

appreciate the advice on supplements and other methoids but im specifically looking to talk to a doc who can reccomend a medication,,not worried about addiction i dont even cheat on my diet, im not going to be some pill junkie, some people are stronger than addiction no offense to anyone who has been addicted to drugs, alcohol, food, but i am not going to get addicted to a pill,,i know myself.

thanks for anyone who has named a specific dr approved medication, looking for more replies like this.

what has worked for people, or for friends of yours that you know in real life?

thanks again

addiction is a strange thing, let me give an example...

Say you started taking xanax, and it worked great, made you have much less anxiety. Then after time, your anxiety starts to get way worse when you aren't on xanax. Then you start needing to take it constantly and at higher doses to fight the anxiety. Soon you in the most uncomfortable, panic attack like state you can possibly imagine when not on xanax, large amounts of xanax at that.

I've seen this happen to several people, it's a very, very nasty drug. Most people who stick up for xanax are actually xanax addicts, and there probably as many of them as there are pot smokers...

It's a good as-needed thing to take but people end up using it more and more...bad cycle to get in.

OP, try Picamilon or kratom. Only side I have ever had from either of those was nausea with kratom, but then again that was after eating 2g of Bali on an empty stomach.

kids are killing themselves on kratom where im from???

You live in Palm Beach County? A kid killed himself, his mom mentioned he like to use Kradom. So, they are trying to ban in because they are claiming it leads to suicide. Serious. I'm not kidding.

L-Theanine 200mg in the morning and Valerian Root 500mg before bed.

Did wonders for me

My wife has fought a Xanax problem for 20 years.She has fell off the horse many times but when she almost died from it she has been clean for 3 years.
As much as you want to believe it isn't a long term solution.

Kratom is something i am hoping is a god send..................

Don't rely on anecdotal evidence, but maybe you got some ideas here of things to ask the doc. Therapy is good but it doesn't usually really change a disorder. It's brain chemistry, and no amount of talk is going to change that. If at all possible, see a PSYCHIATRIST. They are the ones who are experts on the meds. Share all your concerns about addiction, side effects, etc. Also keep in mind that it sometimes takes some trial and error to find the right med, so don't get discouraged if the first one doesn't work.

In the meantime, acknowledge to yourself that you are an extreme introvert, and it's OK not to be social. But if it interferes with daily life, as it does for you, then it's a problem. I think people expect the norm to be that people are great! crowds and fun! party! outgoing, confident! Poke around on the web about introversion and social anxiety....you'll feel better and get a better perspective on remedies.

I dont care what anyone says - THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE KRATOM ADVICE, I"M SURE ITS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE AS WELL - but social anxiety is fucking hell and anxiety in general can take a generally productive person and keep them in bed all day due to the physical and emotional toll it takes on your body.

Anxiety problems can be a severe problem, one that the general public doesnt
take seriously. I know this because I have anxiety issues and due to the fact that people cant "see" the symptoms, they tend to have a harder time believing it even exists.

I never knew I had social anxiety until I felt what it felt like to NOT have anxiety. And what an eye opener that was. I could function normally and with a clear head. I was no longer clouded with fear and overtaken with emotions that constantly put me in situations that I just shouldnt of had to deal with.

It made me a better person to get rid of that anxiety and be able to see for the first time how silly my fears were that encompassed the anxiety driven thoughts in my mind that were completely unwarranted.

How did I clear up my anxiety? Benzos. Xanax and Klonopin. 1 mg of Xanax as needed, or 1 mg of Klonopin as needed. Never scheduled basis and only AS NEEDED.

These drugs were a life saver for me and without them I wouldnt be where I am today. Sure some people use them irresponsibility and get addicted, but thats the case with every fucking drug and benzos should not get such a bad rep due to irresponsible use.

If you have anxiety, go get it treated and I recommend some sort of benzo to help.

And for those who say that benzo use will always lead to addiction, I have never once had any symptoms after taking extended breaks and I have been taking benzos for the past 3.5 years.

I dont care what anyone says - THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE KRATOM ADVICE, I"M SURE ITS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE AS WELL - but social anxiety is fucking hell and anxiety in general can take a generally productive person and keep them in bed all day due to the physical and emotional toll it takes on your body.

Anxiety problems can be a severe problem, one that the general public doesnt
take seriously. I know this because I have anxiety issues and due to the fact that people cant "see" the symptoms, they tend to have a harder time believing it even exists.

I never knew I had social anxiety until I felt what it felt like to NOT have anxiety. And what an eye opener that was. I could function normally and with a clear head. I was no longer clouded with fear and overtaken with emotions that constantly put me in situations that I just shouldnt of had to deal with.

It made me a better person to get rid of that anxiety and be able to see for the first time how silly my fears were that encompassed the anxiety driven thoughts in my mind that were completely unwarranted.

How did I clear up my anxiety? Benzos. Xanax and Klonopin. 1 mg of Xanax as needed, or 1 mg of Klonopin as needed. Never scheduled basis and only AS NEEDED.

These drugs were a life saver for me and without them I wouldnt be where I am today. Sure some people use them irresponsibility and get addicted, but thats the case with every fucking drug and benzos should not get such a bad rep due to irresponsible use.

If you have anxiety, go get it treated and I recommend some sort of benzo to help.
Man you hit right on the head.

Dude... Here is my story. I can be one of the craziest people you meet once we get to know each other, but when I first meet someone I used to be very quiet until I got to know them.

My advice is this. As someone else said, CBT = Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, see a professional therapist that specializes in anxiety and CBT, get on meds if they're help (Yes they helped me a hell of a lot, I no longer need them now and been med free for years, but that is just my case. No addictions here either with meds). People can bash them all they want, but meds do help, esp at the beginning stages.

Not all therapist are alike, in my youth, I saw dozens, trust me. I'm not right in the head lol.
Find someone you like, can deal with, take the meds and begin working towards fixing your anxiety. Meds do help and they do work. I won't comment on supplements because I have no real world experience on them so I cannot say if they work or not.

What a good therapist will do is help to first find out what makes you have anxiety attacks, then slowly, start giving you small "missions" to complete, with the meds helping, it'll lower the anxiety and as time goes on, you'll eventually be less stressed in those same situations until they feel "normal". I can now give speeches to a room full of people, and talk to those I just met with ease, when I was in my early 20s, I would feel as if I would black out. No I am not a social butterfly, in fact I like to be left alone, however, I can and will talk to people without having any anxiety at all.

I'm not going to lie and say it'll be over night, because it won't. But it will improve greatly and you'll be feeling like yourself in ANY situation. Also, not all meds work well with everyone, I've been on just about every anxiety medication out there. I honestly dont remember what worked best for me as Its been years since I've needed them, but you can work with your Dr on that.

Good luck. shoot me a PM if you ever need to chat about it. And don't feel bad, this shit happens to a lot of people, and most are too embarrassed to get the help they need to feel normal. You'll be fine, just don't give up.

Worst 8 years of my life! Those meds just made everything worse!! Stay away from that shit is my opinion.

Ive been fighting the same battle all of my life. Jay_dub hit the nail on the head. First you have to decide what meds work best for you, but then you have to only use them as needed.

Never on a daily routine as most doctors suggest. The drugs can help you ease into a situation, and eventually you'll become more comfortable in the situation.

Seriously bro, if it hurts, go speak to a doctor and ask about some meds. Just do your own research on the neds at home and never use them as a crutch.

Here are some things that really helped mine.

Adderall is fantastic, but only use it 4-5 days per week. You'll get used to it quick and eventually itll stop working for you and youll be in a world of shit, as i was. only use it as needed!

klonopin is great too, but it makes me tired and spacey. Sometimes it will give me energy but usually its the latter. Again, be very careful and use it only as needed.

Namenda (memantine) thats right, the alzheimers medication. Ive been using it for about a month now and its working very well. Not only does it annihilate social anxiety, it prevents tolerance build up to adderall. Do some research on it. You can get it without an Rx from some online pharms.

A lot of people on socialanxietyforums.com rave about the mem and adderall combo.

I have to address the comment by Kalydryn considering since I am sticking up for Xanax, so in his words, I am most likely a Xanax addict myself.

FIrst let me say that I am currently in therapy and talking with a therapist in conjunction to the medication. My main issues right now are stress/depression led on by anxiety due to be unemployed and all the stress and issues it has caused me and my relationships.

In other problematic areas of my life inthe past I've tried multiple medicines, klonopin, ativan, valium, etc. Clonezapam was taken for the long term to help with anxiety and help reduce the need for benzos with no luck. I believe SSRI's are a joke in my experience and are by far the biggest scheme America has put into place within it's citizens strictly to make money and nothing else. I might as well be taking a sugar pill. Yet its a multi billion dollar industry. Klonopin is a good option but I hated how tired it made me feel. It bogged me down for too long. Xanax works quickly and for much shorter durations of time which is what suites me best. I take 3 mg at the absolute most per day only when having a terrible day and others I take none at all. Typically I take 1 mg at some point. The dosage hasnt needed increasing nor have I had any issues when I run out other than the fact that I get anxiety simply due to the fact that its in the back of my head that I dont have anything on hand "in case". So I do agree with Kaladryn on that part.

But my doctor monitors me closely as I told her I didnt want any addiction or reliance issues once I get through these tough moments in my life.

Prior to starting up Xanax again 2 months ago, I had been off all anxiety meds completely for 8 months. I battle depression which is mainly induced by my severe anxiety issues and until 2 months ago I was in a state where I didnt need them. But sometimes life throws at you problems you need some extra help with and right now I see no issue with taking some medication to help me through my current near rock bottom circumstances. And as usual, once I get through them, like I always do, I will no longer need them.

Use them responsibly when all other options are exhausted. Talk to someone and dont hold in your issues. The best option is a therapist who can truly get you the help you need while you recover and in the end you'll be a better stronger you than ever before as long as you are responsible and dont let the drugs take over and become your answer to all of your issues.

I've had issues with other drugs (not benzos) and if you begin making that the answer to your issues, just dont be surprised when you wake up one day after the cloud of sobriety hits you harder than ever and you realize what you've done. At that point the issues that originally made you seek drugs will appear to have been a distant paradise in comparison to the hell you created with drugs.

Last edited:
I love these silly responses telling you to stay away from benzos when some of these guys are probably taking excessive amounts of Anabolics. Not to mention, I have also noticed that the people that are pointing fingers are generally snorting a ton of cocaine or meth. However, I'm NOT saying everyone is guilty of doing this….but if you are offended…you might be that guy..

Xanax ruins lives. I have seen it destroy a few friends.
It is great when used once in a while for very serious anxiety. Regular use will make anxiety so much worse when you are not on it, IMO.

I have used so many meds to combat anxiety, and all of them either did nothing, stopped working after a while, or got me hooked and dependent on them. I am not a fan of drugs for anxiety, CBT as someone else mentioned is probably the only real cure.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear