over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coming off Anxiety Med - Prozac

JoeyDHB

Registered
Newbies
I decided to come off my anxiety medication and hopes that this would help with stomach issues I’ve been having for about the last three years. It’s been about three weeks now and I noticed that I am getting leaner and stronger and looking more full and vascular. I had no idea that anxiety meds had such an impact on the body. I wish my doctor would’ve told me this. So far my anxiety is fine but what would you all recommend for an all natural Alternative for anxiety?

Would an all natural alternative for anxiety still have the same side effects that Prozac has on body composition? I’m truly amazed at how much my body has changed and I have absolutely change nothing but just came off my Prozac.

Thanks

Well Prozac is a SSRI, one of the typical anti depressants. not exactly an “anti anxiety med” although one of the more effective SSRIs for anxiety…it’s the only SSRI labeled for OCD, and bulemia at HIGH doses.

Weirdly, it’s one of the most weight neutral and usually sometimes leads to weight loss.

BUT…if you are moving less, (figiting, pacing, more relaxed) it could lead to lower NEAT.

hey bro, interesting find, i am back on 10mg right now. keep us in the loop please, also what was your protocol to cease the prozac? tapering down then spacing out days apart and finally quit?

At 10mg you could quit cold turkey. Prozac is pretty forgiving coming off.

The bitches are Effexor and Paxil. Many times we have to “bridge” with lexapro or Prozac if they have been on a high dose for years.

Ex: Effexor 300, then Effexor 225, Effexor 150, Effexor 75+10 Prozac….etc

Please throw this over to the Counselling Forum. If you don't like your doctor, do whatever. Prosac isn't an anti-anxiety (cns depressant) type of medication. In fact, most of these drugs have a stimulating effect at first.

At 10mg you could quit cold turkey. Prozac is pretty forgiving coming off.
The bitches are Effexor and Paxil. Many times we have to “bridge” with lexapro or Prozac if they have been on a high dose for years.
Ex: Effexor 300, then Effexor 225, Effexor 150, Effexor 75+10 Prozac….etc
Cymbalta kicked my ass coming off a few years back, that shit made me sweat like crazy when I was taking it and the withdrawals were horrible

I started Bupropion a while back for anxiety but I don't feel like it does a lot at 30mg

Keep us updated if you find something natural that works I am ready to come off Bupropion and try something else

hey bro, interesting find, i am back on 10mg right now. keep us in the loop please, also what was your protocol to cease the prozac? tapering down then spacing out days apart and finally quit?
I was taking Zoloft but the shit started making me super hungry out of nowhere. Been on that at 100mgs for years but all the sudden it made me stupid hungry all the time. Doctor said I needed to taper off so we did and then started Prozac at 20mgs then a few weeks later went to 40mgs a day. Doc said I could quit the Prozac cold turkey and no need to taper off.

To night at the gym I noticed I just looked bigger and more cut, fuller and more vascular and I was also stronger. Been noticing slight changes like this since stopping the Prozac. Even my wife noticed and said I looked bigger tonight.

Comgrats on coming off that stuff. Not surprised your digestion and phsique improved once you stopped

Comgrats on coming off that stuff. Not surprised your digestion and phsique improved once you stopped
Is it common for antidepressants and anxiety Meds to cause this much of a difference?

Is it common for antidepressants and anxiety Meds to cause this much of a difference?
I've read that they, and medicine in general, causes digestion issues. And a common trend I see on forums when guys say they have bad digestion is they are on a load of medicine particularly SSRIs.

How about your sex life, has that improved? I think that is one of the well documented side effects, low sex drive and performance. Dose dependent though.

I decided to come off my anxiety medication and hopes that this would help with stomach issues I’ve been having for about the last three years. It’s been about three weeks now and I noticed that I am getting leaner and stronger and looking more full and vascular. I had no idea that anxiety meds had such an impact on the body. I wish my doctor would’ve told me this. So far my anxiety is fine but what would you all recommend for an all natural Alternative for anxiety?

Would an all natural alternative for anxiety still have the same side effects that Prozac has on body composition? I’m truly amazed at how much my body has changed and I have absolutely change nothing but just came off my Prozac.

Thanks
Try some good ashwaganda. It might be enough to give you some relief

Well Prozac is a SSRI, one of the typical anti depressants. not exactly an “anti anxiety med” although one of the more effective SSRIs for anxiety…it’s the only SSRI labeled for OCD, and bulemia at HIGH doses.

Weirdly, it’s one of the most weight neutral and usually sometimes leads to weight loss.

BUT…if you are moving less, (figiting, pacing, more relaxed) it could lead to lower NEAT.
I take 40 mgs Prozac for ocd. I have found that it makes it harder for me to gain weight. Even with excess calories. It’s like I waste some of them

I've read that they, and medicine in general, causes digestion issues. And a common trend I see on forums when guys say they have bad digestion is they are on a load of medicine particularly SSRIs.
It’s weird though, because they also prescribe ssri’s for digestive disorders like ibs

It’s going to take 4 - 6 weeks for Prozac to clear my system Je to the long half life. Ordered some high quality ashwagand to try

Thanks

i posted pretty in depth on a lot of this years ago which is kinda why im hesitant to repeat it. do some digging. ive laid it all out before.
ssris are bad mojo and do bad shit to the body. i have yet to understand why we wnt to limit our body and brain function.

theanin has lots of good stuff about it.
can help increase serotonin.
i have helped a buncha ppl with this, do some digging.
worst case maybe i can give a reffresher as this keeps coming up. i really dont understand why. so many better ways.

It’s weird though, because they also prescribe ssri’s for digestive disorders like ibs

the majority of your bodies serotonin activity is in your gi.

ibs is an inflamitory condition.
sertonin and production of and brain oxigentaion and antiox redox thing all sort of go hand in hand here

i posted pretty in depth on a lot of this years ago which is kinda why im hesitant to repeat it. do some digging. ive laid it all out before.
ssris are bad mojo and do bad shit to the body. i have yet to understand why we wnt to limit our body and brain function.

theanin has lots of good stuff about it.
can help increase serotonin.
i have helped a buncha ppl with this, do some digging.
worst case maybe i can give a reffresher as this keeps coming up. i really dont understand why. so many better ways.
ashwagand seems to increase testosterone and improves muscle strength although I am on hrt so that really won’t make any difference. I see L-theanine generally targets brain function. It makes the brain more adaptable and this seems like it may work better for me.

Anyone have any experience with l-theanine

That is surprising, what is the process for being diagnosed with IBS? Are they actually scanning people, tests, or just going on if the person says they don't digest well and have problems? I feel like big Pharma and research are tied hand and hand, profit runs the show.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws