over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

speak your mind to the father who claims steroids killed his son

woody00

Registered
check out this link to muscle mayhem they are calling and emailing taylor hooten(the kid who killed himself) father letting him know the misconceptions of steroids. the member 3gmom on mm.com has done a hell of a job communicating with the guy. guys like MikeS are good at these things and i think he should contribute and try to contact the guy through phone calls or emails. heres the link to all the info:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thats messed up man! I'm not gonna contact a guy whoes son died. Thats horrible. He may have massive misconception that needs education, but one has to realize that a loving parent will do anything to protect their kids even in death. I've seen alot of kids die through drug use and the last thing the parents ever want to do is admit it was their kids ignorance of use and stupidity that lead to their death, not the drugs.
I personally believe that almost any drug when abused and used incorrectly without thought and insight can kill you, even steroids. I understand that what this guy is doing in his mission to eradicate steriods sucks, especially for those of us who use them correctly and with knowledge of their pros and cons. But personally I would prefer to leave him alone in his suffering.
His son was an drug addict and an abuser of who knows what and obviously messed up. I know its not likely at all that steroids had anything at all to do with this kids death, but he is dead.
Just my feeling.

Just fucking pathetic

Here is the "crusade' site you need to go to - then click on contact and email this pile of shit.

Oh - you bet Ol JJ already let it rock and roll on his ass - i will email this mother fucker every day until i get a response.

**broken link removed**

Fuck this asshole - his lack of being a parent is to blame for his sons death, not OUR fucking steroids.

JJ Insane1

I agree, another parent trying to blame something else for his kids issuses other then his own shitty parenting skills. Ahhh...America! The country where none of us is responsible for our own actions!
Shot yourself with a gun? Sue the gun makers!
Ate yourself to a huge fat bastard? Sue Mcdonalds!
OD on Pharm drugs? Sue the doctors!
etc.

"Still, his behavior grew more alarming. During a rage last April, he told his mother, "I'll just take a knife and end it now." His parents sent him to a psychiatrist."

"While on the trip, Taylor did something completely out of character, stealing a digital camera and a laptop computer, his father said. When the family returned home on July 14, his parents, brother and sister confronted Taylor and told him that his behavior had become unacceptable. He was grounded. The next morning, Taylor asked his mother to lift the punishment, but she said no. He went upstairs and, using belts to fashion a noose, hung himself from the door in his bedroom, Don Hooton said. Later, when Taylor's room was inspected by the police and his father, vials of steroids, along with syringes and needles, were found. An autopsy revealed the presence of the metabolized steroids 19-norandrosterone and 19-noretiocholanolone in Taylor's system, a report by the Collin County medical examiner said."

I think common sense should be used to demonstrate to this grieving father the nonsense of his cause. There's never any easy answers for suicide, and he's obviously looking to blame something or someone.

If you took a study using anecdotal, forensic etc data on all suicide victims in the, say, 18-28 year old range, I would bet my last dollar (that's not too much so don't worry) that the rate of steroid use would be LOWER in that group than in the LIVING population as a whole.

In other words, people who use steroids sometimes kill themselves, but no more so than people who don't use steroids. People who drive red cars sometimes kill themselves too, and people who eat skittles...

Mind you, when the kid said "I might as well take a knife and end it all now" and his parents sent him to a psyche, well one has to wonder how a parent could not take a statement like that seriously and actually talk to their fucking son instead of classifying him as mental and taking the easy option of outsourcing parenting. Obviously his stealing was a call for attention, as are lines like those.

IronMike

Donald Hooton's (father of the deceased kid) email and Ph#:

[email protected]

877-503-7300

how bout this

many women in our country, our world our on prescription steroids for birth control, menstrual regularity, acne, menopause. Now the dosages that these women our put on are not in comparison to what athletes use male androgens for but still none the less, a steroid, yes it is a a sex hormone or steroid. How come there is no studies or people coming out and stating that there daughter died of suicide related to her birth control? So when u talk to ur girlfriend/wife or other and she makes a comment about u using a drug, well so are they, women are able to manipulate there bodies to do what they want them to do yet there is no big strife about that. What this world would turn into if ESTROGEN was a siginificant muscular enhancer and a perfromance enhancer.
gooey

I have exchanged a few emails with this guy over the last month and I will tell you that he will respond if you aren't a complete dick. He quit responding when I really started in on him. He doesn't get it and as was said earlier in this thread, he is going to stick to his guns and blame steroids because the alternative is too difficult for him to handle.

Skip

Heres my letter to Mr Hooton... by MikeS

(the stats on medical mishaps came from this board)
Dear Mr Donald Hooton,

Id like to first express deep sympathy for the loss of your son. My wife is a funeral director, I understand the grief of death. She also lost a 7 year old daughter in a freak accident. She is strong, but will be forever changed by the tragedy.

Now I would like to speak on the true properties and capabilities of Anabolic Steroids. If I may qualify myself briefly, I have written about Anabolic Steroids for Muscular Development, given minor assistance and contribution to the definitive book LEGAL MUSCLE: Anabolics In America (By Rick Collins, ESQ). I suggest strongly you read this book as it can be purchased at www.teamlegalmuscle.com. I have also written many articles on the subject in newspapers, online magazines, have been interviewed twice by The Wall Street Journal, and The New Your Times. I was interviewed on NBC Nightly news about 2 years ago. I have used steroids for since 1985, inconsistently. And I have cycled them on and off consistently since 1997 without any physical or mental problems whatsoever.

Steroids are, taken correctly by an educated user, a very safe and effective way to gain muscle mass and strength. A high school kid is not safe or educated, concerning steroid use, and your sons was an example of that. He acted like a child (not the only kid to ever act out) and obviously had some underlying problems that caused his rage-these actions do not happen to normal, adult users. They are more likely to occur with immature kids who are or arent using steroids. Your son was on the edge of a disaster. All these symptoms of violence were not attended to, and steroids are being used as a scapegoat to Taylors bad behavior. This is so typical of our society, where personal responsibility is overlooked and blame is placed on whatever is convenient and defenseless, to take that responsibility. Like steroids-which has been vilified by the media and the naive public. Acting in an assertive manner to your sons outrages may have nipped the problem in the bud. He needed help.

There is no euphoria from taking steroids. You cannot overdose. You cannot become physically addicted. Lyle Alzado did not die of steroids, as everyone is so willing to believe without question. Don’t believe me? Well, look up his cause of death on the internet, as it is listed on the Death Certificate. Then look up that condition and you will see that it is rare, and almost always a symptom of AIDS. Alzado had AIDS, and tried to blame steroids to distract from the fact he was gay. Everyone eats the steroid story up with no dispute. Just as the Caminiti cause of death was clearly determined to be a cocaine and heroin overdose-yet the media still irresponsibly blurts out that steroids killed him! And your son is another example of using steroids as a victim. Suicide was your sons cause of death, not steroids. MLB is certainly not to blame for your sons death either-but keep searching for that easy scapegoat. It appears that he was manic, violent, depressed and his choice to use steroid coincided with his erratic actions. He had severe emotional problems! And, no high school kid with a torrent of hormones already flowing through his body, should use these steroids! This child was not being monitored or restrained in accordance with his actions.

Steroid use in adults is safe as an aid to an experienced athletes program. Competing athletes should be aware of the rules of its particular sports governing bodies, if its use is prohibited by that particular sport. No minor should ever use steroids other than for a medical condition. Any undesirable side effects from steroids can be minimized greatly by the educated user. Yes, there can be some side effects. The worst being prosecution by our law for its relatively harmless use. The vast majority of users are not competing athletes in major sports. Its users are bodybuilders, without a doubt the ‘real’ experts on steroids (not the Medical Community-their knowledge generally pales in comparison to an educated, mature, bodybuilders knowledge of physique enhancing drugs). Its users are also your average gym enthusiast, who wants to look better this summer or see his lifts go up-and is harming or cheating no one! Pro athletes in jail for these crimes? None! They were the ones the legal laws were enacted for-following Ben Johnsons positive test after a record breaking performance in the 1988 Olympics. The 1990 Anabolic Steroid Control act made steroids a Sched III drug offense-like cocaine and heroin (incidentally, during the hearings the laws were opposed by the DEA, FDA, AMA, and National Institute of drug abuse-because all of the untrue current hysteria about steroids had not yet begun and they were basing their stance upon ‘fact‘ only, not hype!). But Canseco is being given a free ride, ever when he brags about encouraging and starting so many ballplayers to use steroids. Rick Collins ESQ, the most predominant lawyer in steroid cases in America, says the vast majority of prosecuted cases is not the pro/amateur athlete, but your typical gym lover hoping to improve his physique. We are saying-leave us alone! If youre in a sport, let that sport govern itself and enforce its rules as they wish - and you are bound by those rules. However, don’t take the choice away from other responsible adults! You can legally chose to have other physique changing procedures. Liposuction (1 of 3000 die), plastic surgery, breast enhancement, is applauded. Ever see “Extreme makeover“? Some lazy slob is chopped and sliced and sucked until it looks like a mob of Mafia thugs worked them over. They suffer severe side effects and dangerous recuperative setbacks for months. But in the end this lazy lug who has never - seen the inside of a gym, eaten properly, taken care of themselves - is transformed (if they live through it) and everyone applauds in glee! Wheee! But a guy who watches his diet meticulously, doesn’t drink or smoke, dedicates themselves to strenuous workouts-shoot a shot of hormones and, (heaven forbid you gain 10lbs of muscle or 20lbs on your bench press) you need to be locked up! Now! That 10lbs of hard earned muscle is a danger to national security! Yes-how ridiculous it is!
Are you missing the illogic in all this uproar about steroids? Lets check some other alarming statistics:
7,000 people die each year from pharmaceutical screw ups ....
120,000 die from infections caused my improper sterilization in hospitals a year;
7,500 die from aspirin reactions;
18,000 die from penicillin reactions;
4,200 surgical tools are left inside patients each year ;
Where is all the attention toward these problems? Why were you the only parent to testify about the particular tragedy your son suffered? Lets see all the families lined up whos kids died from alcohol related deaths; whos loved ones died from tobacco products; or obesity related deaths? By the millions and millions! This is where the focus and action need to be. Steroid use is so far down the list of real, important, issues that it shouldn’t make the cut. Except in reeducating people toward the truth about these substances.
The lies must stop. And steroids need to be reexamined by an open minded media and legal system. They and their users are a victim of sensationalism, exploitation, lack of education, by the idealistic, politically correct media and government. Our government - who certainly have better and more important things to focus on like our war, our disaster of a medical and prescription system, recreational drug abuse, violence and major crime…

Making steroids illegal obviously does not stop kids from using them- it did not stop your son from using them. Jailing a gym enthusiast is not the answer! No real athlete ever seems to pay the legal price although the laws were made because of them. The gym guy takes the hard-time and nothing is solved! An observant family is the answer in this case, as you should admit. Unfortunately you realized too slowly and late for your son. But maybe the next parent will be much more aware-and get the root of the problem-to adjust their childs poor behavior and make them take responsibilities for their own actions! Teach personal responsibility, don’t distract from it! Quit making excuses, and attacking Anabolic Steroids to take the rap!

God bless, stay strong -
MikeS

MikeS-
Your posts, as always, are always inspirational and intellectual! I hope the father gets this letter and does read it rather than just disregarding it and continuing to be stubborn.

Damn Big Mike - U da man.

My email wasnt quiet that nice nor educated.

Great email bro - keep it up

JJ

Excellent letter, man. I've forwarded to some friends of mine. Can we all make a difference? Not if we just keep things like this to ourselves.

Mike knows he steroids info for sure

I like the plug on the book Mike! lol! your too funny, very well said though :p People are always looking to blame someone else for there problems.

It really all boils down to taking personal responsibility for your actions doesnt it? People not doing that is making us a weak society, blaming being spread around to everyone but those who perform the actual act, whatever that may be.

Great letter MikeS. Informative and not insulting or pushy. Thats the way you've gotta do it. I'm impressed!

In the wake of this fiasco

I wish this letter could be conveyed to the idiots who make these crazy laws. Responsibility is the key. Thanks for an informative letter Mike, and hopefully this will enlighten those who are less informed.

The Myth said:
I wish this letter could be conveyed to the idiots who make these crazy laws. Responsibility is the key. Thanks for an informative letter Mike, and hopefully this will enlighten those who are less informed.

We've done that too. For every step we try to take forward-a zillion media reports and govt bashing occurs. By qualifing myself, Im not shooting my mouth of or anything, just trying/hoping to get the guys attention and trust. We will see if he replies-alot of guys at MM said he did reply to them.

could someone clue me into what happened to this kid
how did he die?was he depressed?

GREAT POSTS, GREAT FIGHT... BUT?

These are great posts.. I always have the pleasure of working out with MIKES and we have great conversations about subjects like these. I have gained alot of knowledge from MikeS and I hope I have given him some insight.

But this whole kid suicide thing stinks to high heaven. It sounds so contrived, so made up.. Why do I say this? Because they didnt find an Ozzy Osbourne CD with the song Suicide solution... or lets say that this kid went on a killing spree in his school.. and they found Marilyn Manson CDs in his room (Columbine Massacre)

They didnt find a box of Hostess Zingers in the back of the closet.. so they can sue the makers of Red Dye number 5.

If they found pot.. which is more likely than finding steroids.. then it would have been marijuana that caused the suicide.. same with coke.. "X" etc.

They found steroids. And I think there is some neglect on the parents part.. dont tell me that they dont already have or got a lawyer quick on this.. and they have been instructed to play the steroid game... I do know that as a kid I think the chance that he was given the steroids for free is pretty much nil... so who bought them? Most high school kids cannot make enough money to afford steroids at gym prices.. unless they deal.. or its bought for them. And alot of fathers live through their sons on the football/baseball field... could be him and a bunch of friends pooled their money and shared ... could be alot of things.

But as you all know the trend is when these kids fuck up... the parents blame society or other factors.. no one in the country stands on their own two feet..

Someone is going to get sued over this.. wouldnt surprise me to see this family suddenly comes into some money..

But if the steroids takes the heat off the parents.. because they were neglectful.. then they have to look at themselves in the mirror and meet their maker.

Im not trying to be a spoilsport.. im your sides.. but the country, the government has made their demon of the moment and its steroids.. Guess what, Steroids have survived this before.. and it will again. The government cant eradicate all steroids.. if they did, how would they rip off the american public in taxes?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws