over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Specific insulin/GH question.

1s1k52

Newbies
Hello,

I have been lurking this site and trying my best to answer my own question about my own situation. I haven’t seen anyone anywhere have this “problem”

Any help is much appreciated.

So my dilemma is, from what I understand, my workout time in proximity to the time I try to sleep.

I arrive at the gym at roughly 10:30pm and leave by anywhere between 11:30-12am. Get home, shower, eat, and in bed hopefully no later than 1:30am.

At this moment I take a preworkout shake at about 9:30pm consisting of 50-60g Karbolyn and 30-40g whey.

Intra/post shake is 50-60g dextrose and either 15-20g EAAs or 30G whey.

I would like to add GH and Insulin into this mix.

If I take 3 IU of GH at 9:30pm and 2 IU of humalog at 10:30pm. Is this enough timing #1 before I go to sleep #2 before I take another 3 IU of GH before I get into bed?

Thanks

Take your GH whenever you like. Just get it in ya. As to insulin, Humalog would be your only choice since it’s fast acting. But your 4hr window would be tight. The bulk of the log would be clear at 4hrs, but going to sleep at that mark is taking a risk.

Also why only 2iu of insulin? That’s not even worth the trouble.

Cage

Take your GH whenever you like. Just get it in ya. As to insulin, Humalog would be your only choice since it’s fast acting. But your 4hr window would be tight. The bulk of the log would be clear at 4hrs, but going to sleep at that mark is taking a risk.

Also why only 2iu of insulin? That’s not even worth the trouble.

Cage

Just the recommended starting dose from what I was told

I’m here for advice so by all means tell me better numbers

Last podcast I was listening to that just so happened to talk about insulin the dude was running 10IU 3 different times a day lol

I personally won’t take GH 90 minutes before or after I eat. Fucks with my insulin sensitivity. However if you plan to run Slin along side you should be ok…

Hello,

I have been lurking this site and trying my best to answer my own question about my own situation. I haven’t seen anyone anywhere have this “problem”

Any help is much appreciated.

So my dilemma is, from what I understand, my workout time in proximity to the time I try to sleep.

I arrive at the gym at roughly 10:30pm and leave by anywhere between 11:30-12am. Get home, shower, eat, and in bed hopefully no later than 1:30am.

At this moment I take a preworkout shake at about 9:30pm consisting of 50-60g Karbolyn and 30-40g whey.

Intra/post shake is 50-60g dextrose and either 15-20g EAAs or 30G whey.

I would like to add GH and Insulin into this mix.

If I take 3 IU of GH at 9:30pm and 2 IU of humalog at 10:30pm. Is this enough timing #1 before I go to sleep #2 before I take another 3 IU of GH before I get into bed?

Thanks
Take the gh and insulin @10, work your way up to more insulin if you really feel you need to take it, but 2iu is not worth the effort.

the sleep is not an issue, the carb sources are. Karbolyn and dextrose are too fast and won’t get you through the active life of the insulin.

karbolyn is fine for half your carbs preworkout, but the other half needs to be (in my opinion) cyclic dextrin.
then have some slowish carbs for your post meal

Not knowing how your body will react to fast acting insulin is a good reason for not doing it right before bed. I’d at least do it during the day. Like an experiment. That way you’ll know exactly what to expect.

A decent starting dose post workout would be 10iu. A general rule of thumb is 10g of carbs to 1iu of the insulin. However, you shouldn’t be adding in extra carbs just for your insulin usage. You should be dosing the insulin around your current dietary intake.

Cage

Not knowing how your body will react to fast acting insulin is a good reason for not doing it right before bed. I’d at least do it during the day. Like an experiment. That way you’ll know exactly what to expect.

A decent starting dose post workout would be 10iu. A general rule of thumb is 10g of carbs to 1iu of the insulin. However, you shouldn’t be adding in extra carbs just for your insulin usage. You should be dosing the insulin around your current dietary intake.

Cage

I could try this on my day off. I have a glucose monitor because before I started this idea I was checking to see how my fasted levels were in the mornings

and I consume a lot of my carbs at 6pm or later as in 200-300grams of jasmine rice alongside 5-6oz of chicken

I have used a glucose monitor and I’m def not having insulin problems fasted first thing in the morning was never over 100.

I can easily add more carbs for 10IU insulin

But you are saying post workout? Won’t that be to close to my sleep time?

Usually my meal before bed is either more chicken and rice or some rahmen and a whey shake.

You can shorten the onset and duration of you shoot it IM , if you shoot the insulin and HGH before you train and use a slow digestion protein and carbs for the post workout shake like whey/Caseine protein and oats , or a meal like lean beef and sweet potatoes it will digest much slower and keep a steady flow of blood sugar till well after the active life of the Humalog.

Even if take humalog sc its effect is literally gone after 3.5-4 hours. Yet I personally wouldn't take it so close to bed. Be safe!

I could try this on my day off. I have a glucose monitor because before I started this idea I was checking to see how my fasted levels were in the mornings

and I consume a lot of my carbs at 6pm or later as in 200-300grams of jasmine rice alongside 5-6oz of chicken

I have used a glucose monitor and I’m def not having insulin problems fasted first thing in the morning was never over 100.

I can easily add more carbs for 10IU insulin

But you are saying post workout? Won’t that be to close to my sleep time?

Usually my meal before bed is either more chicken and rice or some rahmen and a whey shake.

In your case it would need to be PRE-workout. Personally I do mine post-workout. Since your window is so close to bedtime you’d have to use pre-workout unless your schedule changes.

Cage

You can shorten the onset and duration of you shoot it IM , if you shoot the insulin and HGH before you train and use a slow digestion protein and carbs for the post workout shake like whey/Caseine protein and oats , or a meal like lean beef and sweet potatoes it will digest much slower and keep a steady flow of blood sugar till well after the active life of the Humalog.
I always have oat powder on hand.

Going IM wouldn’t be a problem but I have the pens

In your case it would need to be PRE-workout. Personally I do mine post-workout. Since your window is so close to bedtime you’d have to use pre-workout unless your schedule changes.

Cage
Yeah man, sucks. However, this isn’t changing anytime soon.

I eat about 200 grams of rice or 2 quick oatmeal cups with a source of protein at about 8:30-9p

So here’s my thoughts now

9:30 3IU of GH

Pre- 100g Karbolyn/30whey at 10:30 with 10IU humalog

Intra workout I need to switch from dextrose/maltodextrin to cyclic dextrin ?

What should my ratio be with this while training ? Still 100g carbs?

Switched from whey/malto to Peptopro/cluster dextrin (Granite Recovery) a couple weeks ago and my workouts have been really good. Not sure I can 100% attribute to the new mix, but im really liking the combo.

I always have oat powder on hand.

Going IM wouldn’t be a problem but I have the pens
Unless your bodyfat is pretty high you can get into the muscle in your delt , bis and tris with a 1/2" insulin needle easy

Yeah man, sucks. However, this isn’t changing anytime soon.

I eat about 200 grams of rice or 2 quick oatmeal cups with a source of protein at about 8:30-9p

So here’s my thoughts now

9:30 3IU of GH

Pre- 100g Karbolyn/30whey at 10:30 with 10IU humalog

What should my ratio be with this while training ? Still 100g carbs?
You were originally taking 60g of dextrose. So just switch that over to the HBCD (highly branched cyclic dextrin). Along with your EAA’s and protein. Then have your whole foods meals 30min afterwards or sooner depending on how you feel. Your meal should have some complex carbs and a protein source.

Cage

Switched from whey/malto to Peptopro/cluster dextrin (Granite Recovery) a couple weeks ago and my workouts have been really good. Not sure I can 100% attribute to the new mix, but im really liking the combo.
I’ll check this out
Thanks!

You were originally taking 60g of dextrose. So just switch that over to the HBCD (highly branched cyclic dextrin). Along with your EAA’s and protein. Then have your whole foods meals 30min afterwards or sooner depending on how you feel. Your meal should have some complex carbs and a protein source.

Cage
Got it

Well that’s easy then. I have all this stuff on hand already.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131