over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squat Stands or Racks for Home Gym

psychor

Registered
I'm looking and pricing equipment for a future home gym and wanted to get ahead by already knowing what, how much, and where to buy my equipment. I have found some quality pieces from Rogue, Muscledriver, IronCompany, as well as a few others. Here are the exercises I would like equipment for: 1-squats, 2-hanging leg curls,3-standing calf, 4-neutral,pronated,supinated chins,5- dips(multi-widths),6- flat bench, 7-decline bench. Also want 7'olympic bar(s), olympic plates, d-bells 90-120lbs., rubber floor(ing) mats, as well as accessories like chalk, collars, weighted belt. My wife and I plan on getting a metal building, 24'x36'(?) so any tips on that as well would be helpful. Will probably be buying flat and decline benches by themselves even though more costly but over the long haul its what I want as far as stability during use and I'll use it for life. Maybe used/refurbished commercial flat and decline benches. Any and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Psychor, pm me.

I'm looking and pricing equipment for a future home gym and wanted to get ahead by already knowing what, how much, and where to buy my equipment. I have found some quality pieces from Rogue, Muscledriver, IronCompany, as well as a few others. Here are the exercises I would like equipment for: 1-squats, 2-hanging leg curls,3-standing calf, 4-neutral,pronated,supinated chins,5- dips(multi-widths),6- flat bench, 7-decline bench. Also want 7'olympic bar(s), olympic plates, d-bells 90-120lbs., rubber floor(ing) mats, as well as accessories like chalk, collars, weighted belt. My wife and I plan on getting a metal building, 24'x36'(?) so any tips on that as well would be helpful. Will probably be buying flat and decline benches by themselves even though more costly but over the long haul its what I want as far as stability during use and I'll use it for life. Maybe used/refurbished commercial flat and decline benches. Any and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Some equipment that I really truly love is the HAMMER STRENGTH line.

I think there are better companies for power racks than hammer.

Elitefts ...makes great stuff though its actually made by williams strength, williams strength, sorinex, ...cant remember the others off top of head. Rogue is some trendy crossfit company power racks are ok...but not that great for money...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Just get a good rack that way you can do everything inside .Get a adjustable bench and some ab straps and then you can do 20 different exercises in that thing. There are days at my gym where I won't leave the rack for an hour and still do 4 different exercises

I forgot also forza...they make alot of heqvy duty stuff more powerlifting oriented. These companies are higher end...not like crap at dicks...

Also google this smaller welder guy ...strenght and power equipment hes gets alot of great reviews on another board more oriented to lifting.

Google strength and power equipment...he can custom make alot...ie say you want your power rack to have a 2 fat bar or monkey style he can do that. He will email you pics. His prices will be cheaper than the others. Just a one man operation.

Start with a good rack. I can do almost everything you mentioned in mine. Look to Tractor Supply Co for rubber horse stall mats. I got 3x5x1/2" for $30. This is a fraction of what gym mats would cost you. They also come in other sizes.

Thanks cal and magnus! will definitely check these out and I'm sure they will be a good contribution and help with our gym. Thank you and God Bless You!

Rogue stuff is total crap, and grossly overpriced. You might want to consider a squat rack with a build in platform so you can place it on any surface without worry (eg carpet, etc).

Rogue stuff is total crap, and grossly overpriced. You might want to consider a squat rack with a build in platform so you can place it on any surface without worry (eg carpet, etc).

Rogue is all about being trendy and crossfit market...I agree though would never pick their racks etc over other brands ive mentioned

Thank you kaladryn and cal! Any and all advice is a big help and greatly appreciated!

One other company is power lift...they make alot of equipment for big time college football programs. Pricey...

power lift

yea i saw their stuff last night. Thanks bro!

I have the collegiate rack from Elitefts in my home gym. I love it and do not regret paying the price for it. Extremely heavy duty rack. As Cal pointed out, it is made for EFS by Williams Strength.

Thanks mastadon! yea elites gear is hard to beat as far as being heavy duty, durability, usefulness, and functionability! considering their stuff as well. thank you bro!

Unless you care if its sparkly and new I would get a second hand bench and rack bi know that on Craigslist sometimes they have even had elite racks but any decent commercial quality such as cybex will be good. Sorinex make bomb proof kit. Try to get one with decent ladder style chin bar and some dip bars. Also not essential but nice is band peg attachments.

I also agree on strength and power. He is a power lifter and knows what feels right. He will also customise anything you like such as hole spacing rack height chin bar thickness etc

Thanks comedy! I've been searching used stuff as well because its still sturdy and I don't care if its lost its shine or scratched. May end up piecing together mostly used gear to save money.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws