over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Store-Bought Steroid Scandal - CBS News Video

ANY kid/body should have common sense to research what they put in their body. What happened to those guys was a result of lack of knowledge, I think PH are ridiculous to begin with. I use to work at GNC durning college and I would talk people out of buying them because they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. The saleman are trying to push the product for commision, but those sameones who do.. probably have no idea about the shit either.

I think this report is great for someone looking for the magic pill. Maybe now some people will learn to get their diet in check and realize how much muscle growth they can obtain naturally at that age.

I agree that kids should have common sense to research what they put in their bodies. However, that's not the way it works in reality. Most children these days look for the easy way out w/o much regard to the negative side effects because they are simply not mature enough and too lazy to do research themselves. They also think that since they are not 18, mommy and daddy can bail them out if something bad happens to them. :rolleyes:

I agree that kids should have common sense to research what they put in their bodies. However, that's not the way it works in reality. Most children these days look for the easy way out w/o much regard to the negative side effects because they are simply not mature enough and too lazy to do research themselves. They also think that since they are not 18, mommy and daddy can bail them out if something bad happens to them. :rolleyes:

Truth to this post. I have 3, and let me tell you, it's a constant fight to instill responsisbilty into them. Kids are damm SMART!. You think they are not, so wrong! What they lack is WISDOM! Kids have alot of smarts, yet not one ounce/iota! of WISDOM.

I do try my best tho. Hopefully my efforts will pay off.

It is completely the responsibility of anyone who decides to put anything into their body to thoroughly investigate and research all possible outcomes. Alcohol and cigarettes are IN A STORE, do you believe people think that is safe??? People MUST take responsibility for their own actions. That is what is fucked up with our world today, its always the fault of someone else. Based on this Logic we should all just walk into a store or visit a web site and arbitrarily purchase anything claiming to manipulate our body in some way, shape or fashion and just assume???? its safe????

Alcohol and cigarettes are CONTROLLED! You must be of a certain age to purchase these products! That was not the case with Prohormones and Designer Steroids.

Alcohol and cigarettes are CONTROLLED! You must be of a certain age to purchase these products! That was not the case with Prohormones and Designer Steroids.

As i recall ACL tren extreme bottles said : Not for individuals under the age of 21 years"

You are right , cigs and alch are controled and prohormones are not. Its up to the sales person not to sell any prohormones to anyone under 21y of age.
I never did. But some people are greedy and want to make money.

Truth to this post. I have 3, and let me tell you, it's a constant fight to instill responsisbilty into them. Kids are damm SMART!. You think they are not, so wrong! What they lack is WISDOM! Kids have alot of smarts, yet not one ounce/iota! of WISDOM.

I do try my best tho. Hopefully my efforts will pay off.

My god, I say this all the time, but the wife won't listen! kids are way smarter that one thinks and with the media and internet, even smarter that we were kids...luckily a lot of the crap they come up with i did as well....I am the only one in the family that can read my kids' minds. the wife just thinks they're innocent.

My god, I say this all the time, but the wife won't listen! kids are way smarter that one thinks and with the media and internet, even smarter that we were kids...luckily a lot of the crap they come up with i did as well....I am the only one in the family that can read my kids' minds. the wife just thinks they're innocent.

I'll have to second your "OMG", brother! I'm afraid/ashamed if I would not have been involved in some of the idiotic activity in my day, I wouldn't have a chance at helping my kids.

I always remind them that, I was there AGE once! *LOL*

So let me get this straight. The active ingredient in these OTC orals is Tren per the news story. Not a precursor to some hormone that is supposed to be an oral type Tren once it passes through the liver. It's a pro-hormone if its converted(i.e. codiene is a prohormone for painkiller therefore has limits in what it can do). The story makes it sound like it's an actual anabolic right out of the bottle like Dianabol. As usual the media loves to hype things up.

So let me get this straight. The active ingredient in these OTC orals is Tren per the news story. Not a precursor to some hormone that is supposed to be an oral type Tren once it passes through the liver. It's a pro-hormone if its converted(i.e. codiene is a prohormone for painkiller therefore has limits in what it can do). The story makes it sound like it's an actual anabolic right out of the bottle like Dianabol. As usual the media loves to hype things up.

No, the compound contained in the "Tren" product, as well as the compounds contained in "Superdrol", "Phera-Plex", "Epistane", and "Halodrol", are ACTUAL ANABOLIC STEROIDS.

Again, these compounds are NOT prohormones, they are orally active anabolic steroids. Hard to believe, right?:eek:

No, the compound contained in the "Tren" product, as well as the compounds contained in "Superdrol", "Phera-Plex", "Epistane", and "Halodrol", are ACTUAL ANABOLIC STEROIDS.

Again, these compounds are NOT prohormones, they are orally active anabolic steroids. Hard to believe, right?:eek:

What is in Tren xtreme? Are you saying it's the tren that is similar to injectable form but made to withstand first pass?. If so, I find it very hard to grasp. My understanding was that it was a precursor. But then again, I never really liked the OTC stuff and I also knew it was hard on the liver.

Last edited:
In order for these kids to develop gyno that severe, they must have been taking the tren for a VERY long time. They didnt just take it for a couple days and bam, massive gyno, then they got horrified and stopped. They were taking this stuff even while they had preexisting gyno and letting it grow to huge proportions.

There comes a point where the government can't regulate and control everything. Eventually people are going to need to actually educate themselves and do research instead of living inside a bubble of ignorance and expecting the government to hold their hand and take care of them at every juncture.

Eventually, people are going to have to start taking responsibility for themselves and their own lives. There is just too much out there. The government can never protect people from making their own stupid decisions.

When are people gonna wake up?

Did you catch that part where the kid was showing you his gyno and he had it already removed? So apparently he knew enough the first time to take it again to get gyno the 2nd time.

In order for these kids to develop gyno that severe, they must have been taking the tren for a VERY long time. They didnt just take it for a couple days and bam, massive gyno, then they got horrified and stopped. They were taking this stuff even while they had preexisting gyno and letting it grow to huge proportions.

There comes a point where the government can't regulate and control everything. Eventually people are going to need to actually educate themselves and do research instead of living inside a bubble of ignorance and expecting the government to hold their hand and take care of them at every juncture.

Eventually, people are going to have to start taking responsibility for themselves and their own lives. There is just too much out there. The government can never protect people from making their own stupid decisions.

When are people gonna wake up?

What is in Tren xtreme? Are you saying it's the tren that is similar to injectable form but made to withstand first pass?. If so, I find it very hard to grasp. My understanding was that it was a precursor. But then again, I never really liked the OTC stuff and I also knew it was hard on the liver.

No, it's a 19-Nortestosterone derivative that very closely resembles Trenbolone. It is an orally active steroid, not a prohormone.

As I stated previously, Superdrol, Phera-Plex, Epistane, and Halodrol are also all orally active anabolic steroids, not precursors.

Expecting kids to understand they are buying anabolic steroids is unrealistic. I mean, a large portion of THIS community doesn't quite grasp the fact that you can buy actual anabolic steroids OTC. Even many many people on this board do not understand that "pro-hormone" and "pro-steroid" are terms invented by the supplement industry to make them sound less innocuous and "legal", which many experts within the industry do not agree with (them ever having been quite legal, that is. Why do you think the biggest companies don't sell them? Why do many companies start umbrella companies to sell their "pro-hormones", which can then fold when the heat is on?). Many people here do not think using something like Superdrol is juicing. It's not quite the same, somehow. How you gonna expect the average supplement buyer to understand what they are buying? Yes, in an ideal world everyone would do research, but this isn't an ideal world.

Expecting kids to understand they are buying anabolic steroids is unrealistic. I mean, a large portion of THIS community doesn't quite grasp the fact that you can buy actual anabolic steroids OTC. Even many many people on this board do not understand that "pro-hormone" and "pro-steroid" are terms invented by the supplement industry to make them sound less innocuous and "legal", which many experts within the industry do not agree with (them ever having been quite legal, that is. Why do you think the biggest companies don't sell them? Why do many companies start umbrella companies to sell their "pro-hormones", which can then fold when the heat is on?). Many people here do not think using something like Superdrol is juicing. It's not quite the same, somehow. How you gonna expect the average supplement buyer to understand what they are buying? Yes, in an ideal world everyone would do research, but this isn't an ideal world.

Great fucking post!:cool:

No, it's a 19-Nortestosterone derivative that very closely resembles Trenbolone. It is an orally active steroid, not a prohormone.

As I stated previously, Superdrol, Phera-Plex, Epistane, and Halodrol are also all orally active anabolic steroids, not precursors.

Even if they needed converting to active metabolites wouldn't change things much. IMO, from what I've gathered, they would still be anabolic steroids. If Anadrol for example actually isn't vactive in itself, and one of its metabolites is what "works", as some "experts" have speculated, does it not make it an anabolic steroid?

It's only the ones found in nature, or food supply, that can be argued to be legal under the DSHEA law as I understand it. "Prohormone" or not.

Even if they needed converting to active metabolites wouldn't change things much. IMO, from what I've gathered, they would still be anabolic steroids. If Anadrol for example actually isn't vactive in itself, and one of its metabolites is what "works", as some "experts" have speculated, does it not make it an anabolic steroid?

It's only the ones found in nature, or food supply, that can be argued to be legal under the DSHEA law as I understand it. "Prohormone" or not.

I happen to agree with you, Prohormones convert in to actual anabolic steroids, so they shouldn't be legal either. However, the 17-alpha alkylated orally active anabolic steroids(Designer Steroids) such as Superdrol and Phera-Plex are even WORSE because they are extremely liver toixic.

I've been using anabolic steroids for many years now, and in my experience, these LEGAL(formerly) designer steroids are more dangerous than the classical prescription anabolic steroids. In many cases, they had more profound side-effects, and also just for the simple fact that they LACK the scientific and medical data necessary to warrant their use.

Last edited:
those kids shouldnt be taking that stuff. i bet if they would have put on some real muscle with this so called tren, instead of bitch tits they would be saying that that stuff is the best over the counter steroid u can buy. they new what they were doing they were taking a peoduct called TREN witch is a steroid.sence they got adverse side effects noe they are looking for a paycheck. no one forced them to buy that garbage!

all i can say is that god bless america..when someone gets busted prices drop 75% and i stack up..like i did with the m-drol. anyhoo..has anybody actually used this with positive results..and how comparable is it to tren?

Well, most of the pro-steroid products out are now banned and they are cracking down. A couple months back I could buy m-drol and stuff like that for cheap on Amazon.com. Now, it's all "out of stock" or marked up to holy hell. I'm 30, I've used aas for awhile, I've been around for a bit and I still researched and was very careful. The s-drol clones like m-drol can make you feel pretty crappy/lethargic. That should be some kind of sign right there not to overdo it.

Chuckblonde, Dude. You were 16 and taking superdrol?! How old are you now? I'm not bashing you. I'm just feeling old. When I was 16 we were excited because creatine was just becoming available! lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear