over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supersize She

I saw it, wasnt too bad seemed to be a pretty honest assesment and didnt dive into the "secret issue".
Pretty pathetic that the womens prejudge was in the middle of the expo kinda a bummer for them, seems pretty unfair but I understand that womens BB just dont sell tickets, specially when there are figure girls to be seen.

It's very obvious why women's BB is dying. The women look & sound like men. Their skin has razor bumps on them & their voices sound course & masculine. Men don't like that, women don't like it, other female BBs can't support it enough to keep it alive. It's basically become a fetish freak show for schmoes.

90% of women in the hardcore bb'ing scene have deep emotional issues that results in the way they look at themselves and they way they think others view them... Men are no different but they are not undergoing a sex change ... i really feel sorry for them

Let me add...i have seen a couple of fitness girls start to travel down that "too big" road...fitness girls be careful not to go over board

u may be right.....

Qwert said:
It's very obvious why women's BB is dying. The women look & sound like men. Their skin has razor bumps on them & their voices sound course & masculine. Men don't like that, women don't like it, other female BBs can't support it enough to keep it alive. It's basically become a fetish freak show for schmoes.

but isnt BBing suppose to be freakish? isnt it suppose to be the un norm? If everyone looked like BBer then what would be so signifigant to it male or female? I guess what needs to happen is someone needs to identify what "masculine" and what is "feminine" in BBing aspects. Women are judged to be feminine then a BBer, but men are not judged to be masculine first then a BBer next. Its unfair and biased. Maybe what they should do is eliminate all women's BBing and only have figure and swim suit competitions, that way no one can complain that the women are men and then they like other companies can use women as sex objects and sell them. But for me that is not BBing, like it has always been muscle, conditioning, aesthetics, proportions. Doesnt matter if its a women or a man cause they should be judged on these qualities. Not on some masculine side effects.
gooey

Women's Bodybuilding is an oxymoron. Most men (and most women) want women to look feminine, but bodybuilding is the act of adding muscle, and chemically enhanced BB'ing couples this with adding male hormones - so she becomes more and more of a he.

With that said, Joanna Thomas is a sweetheart and still quite attractive. I was lucky enough to have dinner with her a while back in NYC, and she's also a very nice person with a lot of things on her mind.

And Gooey, you're right it is unfair and biased (male vs. female BB), but so are many things in life, and that's just the way it is bro.

DrG

Last edited:
gooey said:
but isnt BBing suppose to be freakish? isnt it suppose to be the un norm? If everyone looked like BBer then what would be so signifigant to it male or female? I guess what needs to happen is someone needs to identify what "masculine" and what is "feminine" in BBing aspects. Women are judged to be feminine then a BBer, but men are not judged to be masculine first then a BBer next. Its unfair and biased. Maybe what they should do is eliminate all women's BBing and only have figure and swim suit competitions, that way no one can complain that the women are men and then they like other companies can use women as sex objects and sell them. But for me that is not BBing, like it has always been muscle, conditioning, aesthetics, proportions. Doesnt matter if its a women or a man cause they should be judged on these qualities. Not on some masculine side effects.
gooey

I agree.

The part that shocked me the most was the prize money. $2000 for the WINNER! WTF... I had to hit rewind on the tivo... That's PURE dedication to get to that level for basically a joke of a payday.....

hmmm

drgoodbody said:
Women's Bodybuilding is an oxymoron. Most men (and most women) want women to look feminine, but bodybuilding is the act of adding muscle, and chemically enhanced BB'ing couples this with adding male hormones - so she becomes more and more of a he.

With that said, Joanna Thomas is a sweetheart and still quite attractive. I was lucky enough to have dinner with her a while back in NYC, and she's also a very nice person with a lot of things on her mind.

And Gooey, you're right it is unfair and biased (male vs. female BB), but so are many things in life, and that's just the way it is bro.

DrG

first off women also endogenously produce testosterone. The ovaries and the adrenal glands can omit a level of testosterone into their blood. It is not the same level as what men naturally produce, but none the less women still can produce testosterone naturally, so physiologically it is not just a "male hormone." Men just produce and release more. Secondly I do not like to think "inside the box" so to speak, IMO if I find something unfair and biased even though we all do it and are guilty of it, I try to argue against it. But like I said before maybe we should ban women's BBing and make them conform to figure and swimsuit only competitions because freaky muscle, conditioning should only belong to men cause BBing is a male activity...right :confused:
gooey

I have it taped, right after the show on the 'worlds strongest boy'. Unless I set the damn machine wrong again. :(

Gooey, weve been down this path before... ;)

G - I know women produce test :rolleyes:, I'm a Dr. :p Nonetheless, despite the best intentions of folks like yourself to justify the sport, women's BB is dieing. It's not a commercially viable venture for the most part, so business is business, and FBB isn't a very good business. I understand how hard these women work and how much they sacrifice to look like they do, but that doesn't equate with commercial success. And without that, there's no money in it and it's just a hobby. There are endless threads on this over at mayhem, so I'm not gonna rehash it all over here.

DrG

to each their own

its a shame I think when they go way overboard..thats why it'll never cross over to big sponsorship..... any of us have multi million dollar company going to sponsor a show put up $ for a few thousdand if that fans? I think its way to much but its my opinion

haha

drgoodbody said:
G - I know women produce test :rolleyes:, I'm a Dr. :p Nonetheless, despite the best intentions of folks like yourself to justify the sport, women's BB is dieing. It's not a commercially viable venture for the most part, so business is business, and FBB isn't a very good business. I understand how hard these women work and how much they sacrifice to look like they do, but that doesn't equate with commercial success. And without that, there's no money in it and it's just a hobby. There are endless threads on this over at mayhem, so I'm not gonna rehash it all over here.

DrG

I wasnt insulting ur intelligence or profession just making a factual statement, no disrepect. It may be a dying acitivity (I do not associate sport and BBing) I agree, I am not trying to justify it, just isolate a a societal unfairness issue. So I guess I am saying that it is dying cause females are crossing social barriers, women are going against social norms. This is why it cannot be marketed. Women are portrayed as sexual objects in nurmerous publications and across many different forms of media, why cause sex sells. IMO I think it is sad that women cannot compete in an activity that is dominated by men because it goes against social norms. BBing is taboo and as long as our society views it the way it does nothing will change.
gooey

lmao

MikeS said:
Gooey, weve been down this path before... ;)

geez how many stubborn meat heads does it take to drop an issue in a thread? hahaha lmao
:D
gooey

I was shocked to see how all of the women talked and looked close up.

I caught it.

I liked it although like DrG said, it's not a real marketable thing. Therefore they leave the prise money so low.
But as for my other feelings on it, I totally agree with gooey. My thoughts pretty much to a tee.
Now my wife wants ot really see it too since she was working. She's into womens BB and loves shows like that. She's kept herself very much on the feminine side of the BB spectrum. She actually looks more like a fitness girl. I'm trying to talk her into figure shows next year instead of the BB although I would support her whichever she decides. :)

Gooey, I don't know what you have against a clear line between genders. Maybe it's not fair for me to say that a woman should look like a woman, but that's just how I prefer it. I find the current state of women's bodybuilding disguisting and so does the vast majority of the Earth's population. You may like it how it is and that's fine. Most people don't though and that's why it's dying. Personally, I don't care if it completely disappears off the planet. For that matter, I don't care if men's competitive bodybuilding falls off the face of the planet either. Honestly, I don't need to see big, ripped men flexing in their panties any more than I need to see a former female/current hermaphrodite demonstrating her new girl dick in bikini. It's all pretty silly shit really.

I dont judge

BigBoyJ said:
Gooey, I don't know what you have against a clear line between genders. Maybe it's not fair for me to say that a woman should look like a woman, but that's just how I prefer it. I find the current state of women's bodybuilding disguisting and so does the vast majority of the Earth's population. You may like it how it is and that's fine. Most people don't though and that's why it's dying. Personally, I don't care if it completely disappears off the planet. For that matter, I don't care if men's competitive bodybuilding falls off the face of the planet either. Honestly, I don't need to see big, ripped men flexing in their panties any more than I need to see a former female/current hermaphrodite demonstrating her new girl dick in bikini. It's all pretty silly shit really.

I have nothing against people that want to fight against gender or social norms. To many believe that there are rules that each gender should abide by and to cross over that line in many cases is not socially acceptable. Ur stance on BBing is fair, which I cannot argue with, both use, both abuse and side effects effect both sexes. I myself do not find female BBer who has severe side effects from androgens personally, physically, or sexually attractive. I seperate my own personal attractions to a women from what a BBer looks like male or female. To each their own, who am I to judge
:eek: gooey

Either Way

Muscles or Not, I love women. I do prefer a little more on the feminine side but hey I'll go for Diana Dennis any day!

wedge :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity