over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T-Nation Article about Carb Cycling and the EFS / Troponin Seminar

good article! I actually already purchased your ebook a while back on this carb cycling approach. Mental1

Great article - good information on an intuitive approach. Makes alot of sense!

Shelby are you mixing carbs and fats together?

let's say if you would have to take 200g of carbs and 70g of fat would ir be better to divide ir in 5-6 equal meals or have 60-70g of carbs in meals 1-3 and 20-25g of fat in another 4-6 meals?

also another question, Shelby:
I read that human body can store only 700-1500 calories as glycogen, so that's only 375g of carbs, most...in your article you recommend to take up to 3g of carbs per lb,so for a 250lbs person it would be around 750g of carbs, wouldn't most of it be stored as fat since the body couldn't store so much carbs and the body wasn't totally depleted during the week?

Shelby are you mixing carbs and fats together?

let's say if you would have to take 200g of carbs and 70g of fat would ir be better to divide ir in 5-6 equal meals or have 60-70g of carbs in meals 1-3 and 20-25g of fat in another 4-6 meals?

The latter.

also another question, Shelby:
I read that human body can store only 700-1500 calories as glycogen, so that's only 375g of carbs, most...in your article you recommend to take up to 3g of carbs per lb,so for a 250lbs person it would be around 750g of carbs, wouldn't most of it be stored as fat since the body couldn't store so much carbs and the body wasn't totally depleted during the week?

First of all, we don't always go that high on carbs.. it depends on the individual and the situation (and it varies for each individual week to week... nothing is static). Also, the body can only store a certain amount of glycogen but way more than that is used in metabolism.

I only weigh 195 pounds but I ate 1400g carbs a couple weeks ago... 4 days later I was leaner, not fatter.

Last edited:
good read, I like the idea of eating for the environment you are in.

Well...Good article BUT science tells us the reason macro nutrient cycling works is not because you are cycling carbs but actually because you are cycling Protein.

Well...Good article BUT science tells us the reason macro nutrient cycling works is not because you are cycling carbs but actually because you are cycling Protein.

What does science say about insulin sensitivity?

High Protein intake stimulates the release of Glucagon opposing the effects of insulin.

True, but that's only part of the equation.

You WANT insulin at certain times.. does lowering protein stimulate insulin release?.....

Of more importance to me is the fact that the transport of amino acids into the muscle is initially improved during the first days of high Protein.Then you go low Protein for a few days as this stimulates anti-proteolytic(anti catabolic) mechanisms(liver proteins are lost first rather than muscle protein) and when you switch back to high protein again the body supercompensates.

Last edited:
The latter.

First of all, we don't always go that high on carbs.. it depends on the individual and the situation (and it varies for each individual week to week... nothing is static). Also, the body can only store a certain amount of glycogen but way more than that is used in metabolism.

I only weigh 195 pounds but I ate 1400g carbs a couple weeks ago... 4 days later I was leaner, not fatter.

thats a question ive always kind of wondered myself. to me common sense indicates what you said shelby, that the latter is the way to go, but its good to hear validation that ive understood what ive been reading. So sad though, since PB in oats is sooooo good....:cool:

I agree with the information presented in the article. The only thing that confuses me is when and what to eat? For example.. Say you are on an off day from lifting, so you would have minimal carbs and high fats. The next day you have your leg day so you want a high carb day and you train legs at 5 PM. When is the best time to start refueling your glycogen and packing down the carbs.. What type of carbs should you be eating? Should you end your low carb/no training day with a high complex carb meal? To get the glycogen stores filling up for tomorrows leg day? Or can you wait till the morning and start then? Some complex carbs take hours to digest and some people say you won't utilize those carbs you just ate till a day or two later.. So would it make sense to eat fast digesting carbs all day, prior to your leg workout, so you can utilize those carbs effectively to train heavier with legs?

Another article / review of the seminar:
**broken link removed**

Sounds like it was a great seminar! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one in the future.

This was my favorite part of the EliteFTS article: "Shelby was sporting a leather 'clutch' or some shit. I don’t even know what the hell it was. Go ahead, Shelby. Be all jacked and stylish with your perfect teeth, your damn bag, and ..."

Shelby, I had no idea you were such a fashion plate. :D ;)

Sounds like it was a great seminar! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one in the future.

This was my favorite part of the EliteFTS article: "Shelby was sporting a leather 'clutch' or some shit. I don’t even know what the hell it was. Go ahead, Shelby. Be all jacked and stylish with your perfect teeth, your damn bag, and ..."

Shelby, I had no idea you were such a fashion plate. :D ;)

Yah.. it was news to me too :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner