over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tennis elbow surgery...anybody?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Recovering on schedule from my rotator cuff surgery. It’s been 2 months and I see small improvements daily. It sucks but had to be done. That fall at work really fucked me up, not happy :banghead: As some of you know I’m going to have a torn tricep tendon reattached on my elbow in a few weeks (also from the fall), had the opposite arm done a few years ago and no complaints.

The MRI also showed a moderate partial tear in my radial collateral ligament and tendonosis and moderate partial tear common extensor tendon.

Since the surgeon is going in for the tricep he wants to fix the other things as well. Anybody have experience with those surgeries?

Like I said the tricep recovery wasn’t that bad in my other arm so I know what to expect. But the others I’m unsure of.

Besides the gym, my job requires a lot of lifting so tennis elbow flare ups are a bitch. I’m hoping this will resolve that. Last thing I want to do is recover from everything else and have to go back in to fix this shit. So while he’s in there might as well get it all repaired. Any thoughts?

I had a major injury in 2009, golfers elbow, had to take off a full year of lifting. I couldn't even squeeze a tennis ball without hurting

do what you can but if it hurts go down in weight. I know it sucks but youve got to do this to heal it

have you gotten an MRI to know exactly what youre dealing with?

If you can find a good active release therapy ART technician get that. If you have good insurance try for physical therapy with the ultrasound.

MK-677 has been a miracle for my joints. HGH boosts collagen production and while I've taken collagen straight to okay effect, MK has been incredible. I take huperzine-a with it to make the HGH last longer. I was thinking about stem cells and such because my shoulder refused to get better, but the MK has given me a new lease on athletic life. Good luck with your surgery.

Yes I would think it wise to let the surgeon go ahead & repair everything that needs it while he's already in there. No need to risk getting fully recovered from the tricep tendon repair and then have to go back in for the radial collateral & extensor tendons. It would almost be like starting over! Plus it will be more cost-effective only having 1 surgery compared to 2. And it's easier on your body only going thru general anesthesia once vs. twice. Physical therapy should be able to address both surgical areas and you'll save money overall on less sessions (hopefully). Anytime you can get the needed repairs done and probably save money overall then that's a good thing too! I'd say get it done sometime before the end of the year too before your deductible starts over in January....assuming you'll be using your health insurance for the procedures. Good luck brother!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear