over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The 90s....

Tonya Knight got into drugs with her super trust fund ex John Poet [ he and is twin bro had the life 6'4 goodlooking , built , and never worked a day in their life.......they were hires the the dupont chemical fortune I believe.......I think tonya got caught up in the cali scene ......and when her meal ticket left her she found some dirt bag that got her in serious trouble......last I heard she was doing a long sentence in Kansas or Mizouri I believe.......Gary is back and forth between tialand , and santa monica .......don't know him other than you used to see him late evenings at golds sometimes training hard.....he did a pro show and got 7 th in 07 ? Looked good ....legs were down some as was overall size .......and of course back was weak......but still looked great , healthy , and runs a couple businesses that do pretty well....

Berry is a Photographer in Holland ......looks fit and healthy ......he left the sport alfter ,politics , a torn pec , and probs with coke..........glad he made it back to reality because he is a nice guy and I was a huge fan of his physique.................

Of the other wbfer's hmm....Vince Commerfield got into drugs and gay prostitution......I believe arron baker and tony pearson are personal trainers......tony and vegas , and Arron back in soc cal after being in hawaii for yrs.....Jim Quinn......is a family man back in upstate Ny and is a trainer as well..............Not sure about Dearth .....hear conflicting reports .......same with Mike Quinn .....both are cool guys but have issues with drugs and people........Johnny Morant ......got busted dealing E and may still be prison....his son played for the raiders for a minute....
Mike Christian drug probs still haunt him for 20 yrs......eddie robinson was a strong beast .......heard he is tatooing people in florida ......and has had his ups and downs .....but good dude.....Platz is broke ....trying to hustle a living still.......another good guy though. Padilla is doing the same as Platz......I can remember anyother guys other than Troy Zucolotto......he had his party days but was smart ......started some wellness /hrt clinics and has done well for himself............the Wbfers .....came out ok for the most part

Wow...that is really too bad about Tonya. It almost seems that a lot of these late 80's and early 90's (hell could be the current crowd as well) have addictive personalities and just cant control themselves in the lifestyle. Almost seems like a good many were self absorbed, live in the moment people who really didnt analyze the repurcussions of their actions while they were doing them. Its a shame to see some of the people end up where they are but also makes you feel good when you think of the people that succeeded like Strydom, Gaspari, Labrada etc...

I just hope in the year 2019 we arent talking about the crop of competitors from the 2000's and how bad off they are (i.e. Titus).

Last edited:
good thread...makes you think a little about the future...:eek:

although i totally agree with the above, another perspective for debates sake......

its interesting to watch the npc masters nationals in pittsburgh evolve over the past decade. i attended the show from 2000-2005 and watched every year the competitors get better and better each sucessive year. and now even today seeing the pictures online from this show it has continued to evolve and grow. these are all guys over 40, and its not the 40 somethings that have progressed. all the way up to the 60 and overs the men have come in bigger and more conditioned every year yet they arent dropping like flies. other than anthony diarezzo who was told not compete because of his heart decided to anyways. could it be that these men are older and wiser in the fact that they are paying close attention to what they do or all they all just time bombs? also interesting to note that many of these guys have been life long competitors. i guess its like the little old lady the smokes 3 packs a day and lives to be 112, you just never, guess you gotta be willing to roll the dice............feeling lucky?

Well, I hope your point comes off better than mine! *LOL*

I THINK I got your point.That the heart only has so many beats?? To a point I agree,but if it were that simple, why would you want to speed it up each day(cardio) using up valuable beats when you could be sedentary keep the rate down and live longer time(years) using less beats per day?

I think also you were trying to say no matter what you put in your body good or bad the heart only last as long as its preprogrammed dna.

yes/no? kind of ? lol.

if ALL maladies were to be solved, plaguing mankind, the heart would still give out after a 120 years or so.

Certainly,the body by design was not made to live forever.You often hear so and so died of old age,well something in the body failed.And who the hell wants to live forever? I sure as hell don't.lol.

In the movie pumping iron that song "Everybody wants to live forever" was a strange choice as that had no bearing on why these guys were doing what they were doing.

iabad...espn wasnt the only one back then with big schedule of bbing shows...for those who live in the northeast...MSG always had on the pro shows...and im talking a few times a week i could catch whatever pro show...not anymore!!ha

Tonya Knight got into drugs with her super trust fund ex John Poet [ he and is twin bro had the life 6'4 goodlooking , built , and never worked a day in their life.......they were hires the the dupont chemical fortune I believe.......I think tonya got caught up in the cali scene ......and when her meal ticket left her she found some dirt bag that got her in serious trouble......last I heard she was doing a long sentence in Kansas or Mizouri I believe.......Gary is back and forth between tialand , and santa monica .......don't know him other than you used to see him late evenings at golds sometimes training hard.....he did a pro show and got 7 th in 07 ? Looked good ....legs were down some as was overall size .......and of course back was weak......but still looked great , healthy , and runs a couple businesses that do pretty well....

Berry is a Photographer in Holland ......looks fit and healthy ......he left the sport alfter ,politics , a torn pec , and probs with coke..........glad he made it back to reality because he is a nice guy and I was a huge fan of his physique.................

Of the other wbfer's hmm....Vince Commerfield got into drugs and gay prostitution......I believe arron baker and tony pearson are personal trainers......tony and vegas , and Arron back in soc cal after being in hawaii for yrs.....Jim Quinn......is a family man back in upstate Ny and is a trainer as well..............Not sure about Dearth .....hear conflicting reports .......same with Mike Quinn .....both are cool guys but have issues with drugs and people........Johnny Morant ......got busted dealing E and may still be prison....his son played for the raiders for a minute....
Mike Christian drug probs still haunt him for 20 yrs......eddie robinson was a strong beast .......heard he is tatooing people in florida ......and has had his ups and downs .....but good dude.....Platz is broke ....trying to hustle a living still.......another good guy though. Padilla is doing the same as Platz......I can remember anyother guys other than Troy Zucolotto......he had his party days but was smart ......started some wellness /hrt clinics and has done well for himself............the Wbfers .....came out ok for the most part

I hope I can join this for a second. I've seen Tony in the gym countless times. He has a lot of clients and looks great to this day. He has given me advice on things that changed how I train for the better. I want to look like him when I'm his age, healthy, muscular and energetic. :cool:

This doctor was saying, and if not mistaking, backed it with some sort of evidence, claiming that, if ALL maladies were to be solved, plaguing mankind, the heart would still give out after a 120 years or so. By jove, I hope my bro, this is clearer. *LOL*. If not, call me.

BTW, this is why I'm so dead set against, REDUCTION. Might give insight to some who can't figure why I'm so anal retintive about this. *LOL* this is all I can remember, before I started lifting.

I'm still not getting your point :D

Max potential is set. People will not live over circa 120 no matter what (and average would probably still be 70-80 despite taking all precautions). Agreed there. But you agree that life choices can shorten your potential life span.
However, you don't seem to think a high bodyweight is one of those things?

You do not agree with Dante's, and my, point that you don't see many 250-300lb 70-80 year olds? Would Jack LaLanne still likely be alive and as healthy had he been steroid aided 250-300lbs of lean beef most his adult life and into his 50s etc? :D I mean it's impossible to say but I have my doubts.

I just remembered Milos Sarcev saying Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman will certainly live to be 80 years old because they are so healthy. I guess we'll see.

You know another guy from then that I always admired....Porter Cottrell. If I remember he won his pro card and competed while working full time as a fireman. I thought he lived somewhere in Arizona? Now I'm almost sure that HE ended up happy and healthy. He didnt compete very long nationally, but much like when Ronnie started I always thought it fantastic that they could have such mentally and time consuming jobs and still compete at the highest level.

This doctor was saying, and if not mistaking, backed it with some sort of evidence, claiming that, if ALL maladies were to be solved, plaguing mankind, the heart would still give out after a 120 years or so.
Does anyone have any links to more on this theory about the heart only being able to beat a certain number of times before just giving out? I've done a little looking and didnt find anything.. but this was pretty interesting:

Average heart rate is 72 bpm for men (more for women) thats 4320 per hour, 103680 per day, and 37843200 per year.

The current world average life expectancy in 66 (obviously developed world is somewhat longer) so over 66 years the average number of heart beats would be around 2497.6 million.

There is no limit as such the heart will keep going as long as it and the rest of the body are healthy, the longest unambiguously documented lifespan is that of Jeanne Calment of France (1875–1997), who died at age 122 years and 164 days, who would have had around 4.6 billion heart beats in her lifetime.

No worries, it's just the INTERNET! *lol*

I can't see where weight, would make the hear beat more, unless your not keeping in check (blood pressure, hdl,ldl,etc.)

If we go by this logic, just like kid1 mentioned, kids shouldn't play, and no matter what weight you are or how lean you become, cardio kills that notion, etc. So, Dante's theory is also blown clean out of the water, as well.

You could tho. If they were being given the correct way to ensure better healt. Most of them, *LOL* never have trained. they told, "aging is natural". In other words, they didn't take care of themselves and now their bodies are shot, but their hearts are still good. It's the other medical issues that stomp them int o the ground. They need to be taught, "anti-aging" tactics.

Jack LaLanne HAS AWAYS led an extremely healthy life, and he has subjected his body to extremes! have you read/studied the feats that man has accomplished? He was WAY ahead of the game.

Good point! I think you and I can agree, Jay ain't no dummy! Now ronnie, I don't know him to well. There are countless numbers of old weightlifters/bb's living same as the average old folk and in most cases, in better shape, with increased longevity.

These examples Ia gives, are exceptions to the rule. IMHO. If a person makes informed decisions with his/her health, I don't think it matters one iota what their weight is. Again, my opinion.

The question is, though, is it possible to keep such a high bodyweight without it taking its toll? Even if proactive with regards to health it often requires drugs to keep health parameters in range. I don't know specifics of these pros but I know many of them are on cholesterol drugs, diuretics, blood pressure medication, etc, etc. Blood work may look normal and BP normal but you have to wonder if there's damage being done regardless (maybe from sides from the side effect battling drugs).

I don't know about the heart beat theory, if it holds weight. Plus there's a difference in high heart beat during exercise and during rest I'm sure.

I don't think it matters one iota what their weight is. Again, my opinion.
Bro.. the more you weigh the harder your heart has to work to pump blood and keep up with the body. The more bad stress your heart has the more likely it is to fail... seems pretty logical to me? :confused:

So is the rest of the aging population. right?

Not according to the heart doctor who wrote that paper. a beat is a beat. the goal is to make sure the 'beat' is optimal. ex. say my set point is 5 billion beats. thats what my dna says. well, sure, due to my life style, I could retard, how many beats I'm going to get. However, if I do everything under the sun, to ensure that those beats are optimal, I'm still only going to get what the dna says I will.

So, IMHO, the key is to make sure the heart muscle, is optimal. and your body weight, won't make a bit of difference in the world. See what i mean. call if you're not clear. I can put this into voice, and guarantee, make my point.

You guys have taken this thread so far off topic now I'm afraid it cant be saved. Sorry Imabad...it was a great thread for awhile and super interesting. It was really cool to catch up with some of the previous decades stars and what they are doing now or how they ended up....

I have alot I want to say, but I had a long night at work and I am beat.........but the so many ticks comment was an observation on my part not a fact........but tell me, how many people see 80 that are coke or meth heads ? I have seen zero...but have seen dozens die in their 40s......how many diet pill head s have I seen die ? Many .....How many 300 lb 80 yr olds has my dr treated in his 30 yr practice? Exactly zero .........so I asked him how many 250lbers ? He said less than 5 .......this out of thousands of patients .......You say weight doesn't matter then you are crazy ......every animal study out there on life span shows the smaller lighter animals in their individual species always live way longer.......It is a fact that big tall people don't live as long either......why the denial? Most ex pro football players don't see 60 ....look it up to see if I am lying.......try pro wrestlers as well.........how can you not understand that? Ask Dat if he wants to explain the science behind it .......you are so off base .........so off base...........As far as the master's guys ....yes, they are conditioned better than most of the young guys.....but most are the obsessed guys that never had the genes to make it when they were young and can't let the look go[also ,ever thought they are more together financially than the young guys and can afford more and better drugs ? especially gh ].......many wont see 70 or 80 [I have known 5 die in their 40s and 50s prepping for shows and one of my best friends had a heart attack ]......and most don't care and that's their right ......Me ? I 'd rather look young and fit and be able to fuck women half my age at 80 ,than be in the ground .......but that s just me ......My girl is half my age now , hot , mature , and cool as hell [and no , not a dancer] ......Before you say ....oh you have money though.....lol.....nope not these days ......Young ladies like the way I look and treat people ......At my age I certainly don't chase ....go to bars ....or party.....I like women and sex and plan on enjoying it til I die .........I don't need tatoos ,trendy clothes ,a cheesy car , or a my space to roll ass.......I like woman and take care of myself.....if you are a good guy and confident then you are all set........the only girls that care how big a guy is .....is women with daddy issues ......and believe me those aren't the keepers.....lol....I am a big guy and I want to be smaller and will get there.......if not ,I will pay a price and I believe that is a fact.......

Oldlifter ......I like you .....but you ruined a good thread with a bunch of jibberish........please kindly remove yourself from the thread.......and I would appreciate you going back and removing your posts as well........it takes away from the thread.......and I would rather be able to go back and answer and share with the guys that were enjoying the thread and contributing than have you argue that wt has nothing to do with longevity and that there is not pre concieved number of heart beats .......who the fuck cares? Seriously ......you went way off on a tangent and fucked a good thread.........I like you , respect you , and am asking you kindly to let this stupid arguement go ......delete your posts and go argue and debate on some other thread.............please show me respect, as you know I have it for you....thank you

you realize tho, you can strengthen the heart as well? It is a MUSCLE. Again, this would not effect the number of beats. See what I mean?

BTW, try to be a little nicer to me, I'm fractious, today! *LOL*

Your complete lack of understanding on this topic actually poses a risk to your long term health and that of everyone who listens to you. You seem to be trying to appear knowledgeable by being purposely vague and wordy in your posts. You are failing. Please stop cluttering this otherwise good thread.

Thanks now please go back and delete all of your posts in my thread ........you have made it impossible to read or enjoy.......when I am getting pm s complaining about you .....thats not cool......You are no doubt a good member here .......I just want you to take your posts and please exit the thread........if it makes you do so faster ......then fine, you are right and dante and I are wrong ......ok ? We are dipshits and don't know shit........now please respect what I have asked

And fellas lets get this thread back rolling or go back to my Dr Phil thread ......enough of this bs......when I wake up .....have some good shit waiting for me ......I hate this I am right you are wrong bs......we all don't know shit ....that's why it's still fun and interesting.......I just share what my thoughts ,experiences , and observations are......are they the end all? Fuck No!!!

nemo......how's it going? Hit me up with a pm about how you are doing ? Hope you are well.........I appreciate that you have always been good to me here .......I am glad you get it .......hit me up wow ......looking down and see swervedriver, flexintonsteele , and my good bro garrithv [ I love the g man .....great friend and person as well] pms boys would be nice here from you guys......my best to you all

Last edited:
thank God!!!.It was about time.

Now, like Jason said, back to his topic...It is very interesting, and I want to know more..........

Thanks now please go back and delete all of your posts in my thread ........you have made it impossible to read or enjoy.......when I am getting pm s complaining about you .....thats not cool......You are no doubt a good member here .......I just want you to take your posts and please exit the thread........if it makes you do so faster ......then fine, you are right and dante and I are wrong ......ok ? We are dipshits and don't know shit........now please respect what I have asked

And fellas lets get this thread back rolling or go back to my Dr Phil thread ......enough of this bs......when I wake up .....have some good shit waiting for me ......I hate this I am right you are wrong bs......we all don't know shit ....that's why it's still fun and interesting.......I just share what my thoughts ,experiences , and observations are......are they the end all? Fuck No!!!

Awesome...thanks for getting us back to where we started!
This thread really got me starting to think back to the late 80's early 90's when I started training and read a book called Muscle:Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder. Has anyone ever heard of that or read it? Its a great read but it really showed what crazy lengths some guys will go with their obsession.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws