over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The best money I have spent in a long time

Sniper97

Newbies
Ladies and Gents,

I was very sceptical of this at first, but I got my test results back and been eating only my green foods, and huge difference in my recovery, results in the gym, general dissposition, not to mention the energy.

Short Version:

This is an a analysis that you pay for to find out what foods your body is allergic to, you send in your blood work and they test it to find out what foods YOUR body responds the worst and the best to.

Here is the link: **broken link removed** also read this: **broken link removed**

Any and all comments are welcomed. I don't represent the company in anyway, just thought I would post and help some of the bro's in the community that may be struggling with there diet the way I was.

Cheers!

Sniper97

Last edited:
Whats the cost?

Sniper, can you explain this part a little more "what foods your body is allergic to"????

mainevent said:
Whats the cost?

Depends on where you are, hit the worldwide link and select the american flag or one of the doctors.

BOOMSHAKER said:
Sniper, can you explain this part a little more "what foods your body is allergic to"????

Not a problem see below: (warning long read, but seriously interesting)

As a side note, my body responds much better to gear!

The science and theory behind NOVO

The physiological process of digestion converts food into a form that is usable by cells, primarily glucose and free fatty acids.
Glucose liberated from dietary carbohydrate enters cells where it is metabolised via glycolysis and Krebs cycle. Dietary fatty
acids are also an important respiratory fuel for many tissues, especially muscles, and are metabolised via ß-oxidation, with
the products (acetyl CoA) entering Krebs cycle for further processing.

Most of the time, digestion alters food from ‘foreign’ to ‘self’. However, partially digested food particles are sometimes
identified as ‘non-self’ by the immune system, stimulating an inflammatory immune response that has dramatic consequences for cellular metabolism, as it interferes with the mechanism by which glucose enters cells.

When glucose cannot enter cells for combustion, some of the excess is converted to glycogen in the liver, but most is
diverted, along with free fatty acids, for conversion into body fat stores as triacylglycerol. The production of fat from glucose occurs mainly in liver and fat (adipose) cells.

The aforementioned immune response which promotes fat storage revolves around small, undigested particles of food, which evade complete digestion and are absorbed into the body through three mechanisms:

• across the gut wall mucosa
• across the plasma membrane of the gut epithelial cells or enterocytes (transcellular route)
• across tight junctions between enterocytes (the paracellular route)

Once in the circulation, these molecular aggregates can become antigenic and instigate an immune response. These immune responses start in Peyer’s patches in the mucosa of the small intestine, but soon spread as the aggregates are drawn into the circulation. It is these immune responses and resulting inflammation that are at the centre of the science behind the NOVO product.

Inflammatory responses in the intestine and bloodstream

As it is frequently exposed to pathogens, the gut wall is equipped to allow
nutrients to pass through into the blood system, while preventing access to harmful pathogens, such as bacteria. To protect against pathogens, the gut wall contains a variety of immune cells including T and B lymphocytes, and phagocytic leucocytes such as macrophages, MAST cells, eosinophils and neutrophils.

Undigested food particles (macromolecular aggregates), reaching the lumen of the small intestine, sometimes interact with mucosal MAST cells and cause an immune response similar to that of a pathogen. The NOVO programme is able to detect which aggregates cause such responses, and thus the patient is able to avoid them. When aggregates do cause an immune response, the MAST cells, via the release if chemoattractant cytokines such as tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha), recruit neutrophils from the bloodstream into the gut lumen. The primed neutrophils then release pro-inflammatory mediators including more TNFalpha and interferon gamma (IFN gamma). In some cases, MAST cell degranulation occurs, releasing even more cytokines, which attracts even more neutrophils to the region and releases other inflammatory enzymes and oxygen radicals.

Paradoxically, this mechanism for attracting neutrophils to the gut increases the permeability of the gut epithelium, which in turn allows the now antigenic food macromolecules to enter the bloodstream, taking the inflammatory response one step further.

The presence of macromolecules in the blood stream also allows for the
phenomenon of ‘frustrated phagocytosis’ in which a phagocytic cell that is unable to engulf food-complexes (due to their size or overwhelming quantity), releases enzymes from its phagosomes directly into its environment. This release of enzymes and inflammatory mediators further exacerbates the situation. Such immune responses disturb both glucose and fatty acid metabolism.

Glucose and fatty acid metabolism in the presence of an
immune response

GLUCOSE

Muscle and fat cells can only take up glucose when insulin is present. Insulin
causes glucose transporters, known as GLUT4, to come to the surface of muscle and fat cells, where they transport glucose into the cell for metabolism to energy. Another hormone, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), can also activate GLUT4 and promote glucose uptake into cells.

The muscle and fat cells interact with insulin and IGF-1 through the tyrosine
kinase receptor. This interaction causes the GLUT4 receptors to move from the cytoplasmic vesicles, in the centre of muscle cells, to the cell surface; here GLUT4 receptors are able to transport glucose.

However, immune responses caused by food aggregates, specifically TNFalpha, severely disturb this glucose transport. IGF-1 also binds to another surface receptor, the integrine receptor. Integrine and tyrosine kinase receptors are normally found in equal numbers on cell surfaces. TNFalpha causes the upregulation of integrine receptors, which compete for IGF-1 binding with the tyrosine kinase receptors.

When IGF-1 has bound to more integrine than tyrosine kinase receptors, the GLUT4 receptors retreat back into the cell cytoplasm, halting any glucose metabolism (even in the presence of insulin).

FATTY ACIDS

This phenomenon, where TNFalpha prevents glucose metabolism, even in the presence of insulin is called ‘insulin resistance’. Excess glucose is then taken up by liver cells (a process that is not insulin dependent) and converted into triacylglycerols, which are redirected to muscle cells for fuel, and to adipocytes for storage. So, although less glucose enters fat cells
(adipocytes), more ready-made fat arrives for storage from the liver and is accumulated. The altered metabolism of the adipose cell also results in shunting of what little glucose there is into a metabolic pathway known as the hexosamine biosynthesis pathway, the products of which are now also thought to promote inflammation and insulin resistance. Indeed, TNFalpha is also produced by adipocytes and its expression is increased in obesity.

To add to the problem, TNFalpha activates hormone–sensitive lipase, thereby mobilising Free Fatty Acids (FFAs), which leak into the circulation. FFAs can result in significant hyperlipidaemia, which is an important risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Another important cytokine produced by fat cells is interleukin-6 (IL-6) and, like TNFalpha, circulating levels of IL-6 are also
elevated in obesity. Both TNF-alpha and IL-6 inhibit lipoprotein lipase (found on capillary endothelial walls) so clearance of circulating FFAs is reduced.

As adipocytes themselves produce TNFalpha, this exacerbates the local inflammatory responses initiated by primed leucocytes. In fact, it is only relatively recently that obesity was recognised as a chronic, inflammatory disorder.

Glucose and fatty acid metabolism…how it should be, and the NOVO solution

GLUCOSE

The NOVO programme is able to avoid food aggregate-associated immune responses. When food is digested without immune responses, muscle and fat cells are able to metabolise both glucose and fatty acids correctly.

On consumption and digestion of carbohydrates, insulin levels rise and it binds to tyrosine kinase receptors on the muscle and fat cell surfaces. This causes autophosphorylation of tyrosine residues in the ß-subunits, initiating insulin signal transduction, and the cytoplasmic vesicles fuse with the cell membrane. The GLUT4 glucose transporters are then inserted
into the plasmalemma, allowing glucose to enter the cell.

The release of insulin after a meal produces a 30-fold increase in the rate at which a fat cell takes up glucose. Once in the cell, glucose either enters glycolysis pathways to produce energy, or is converted into triacylglycerols and stored as fat for future use.

When blood levels of insulin fall again, the tyrosine kinase receptors are no longer occupied, and tyrosine dephosphorylation terminates the insulin signal. As a result, the glucose transporters are recycled back into the cytoplasm and glucose can no longer enter the cell.

FAT

Two main enzymes are involved in the mobilisation of fatty acids from fat cells: hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) and lipoprotein lipase (LPL). Fat is primarily stored in the form of triacylglycerols in the adipocytes, with some free fatty acids present in circulation. When blood glucose levels are low, free fatty acids act as an important, alternative fuel source, especially for
muscle cells. In this situation, the pancreas stops making insulin and, instead, secretes the fat burning hormone, glucagon. Glucagon switches off fat storage and switches on the mobilisation of free fatty acids from adipose stores by indirectly activating the hormone- sensitive lipase found within fat cells.

HSL hydrolyses triacylglycerides (also known as triglycerides) into their glycerol and free fatty acid components. Glycerol is then processed via glycolysis, while the free fatty acids leave the cell and bind to albumin in the circulation. The FFAs are then transported to tissues needing energy such as skeletal and heart muscle cells. FFAs can enter cells via simple diffusion,
or via a fatty acid transport protein 1 (FATP1 - an acyl-CoA synthetase) that is expressed by certain tissues, especially skeletal muscle cells and adipocytes. Interestingly, muscle cells prefer using FFAs as a fuel as it is biologically more efficient than using glucose.

The second fat-processing enzyme, lipoprotein lipase (LPL), is also produced by adipocytes, but a proportion enters the circulation to sit on the capillary endothelium. LPL helps to control the balance between the levels of triacylglycerols stored in adipose tissue, the FFAs transported to cells and the amount of FFAs released from serum triacylglycerols that remain in the
circulation.

IGF-1 is secreted in finite levels from the liver and other tissues in response to growth hormone.

What happens when we react to the foods that we eat?

Both the integrine (immune pathway) receptor and the tyrosine kinase (glucose metabolism) receptor are regulated by insulin-like growth factor 1(IGF-1). Levels of IGF-1 in the body are finite and, if more IGF-1 is required or used by one of the receptors, less is available for the other.

When the body produces an immune response to a particular food a number of things occur. As the body identifies the foreign food substance it sends signals to the cells to launch an immune response. This uses much of the free IGF-1 to bind to the integrine receptors (immune system activators, whose expression is increased) in order to command the cells to fight the intruder. This leaves less IGF-1 to bind to the tyrosine kinase receptor (metabolism) the key that promotes cell glucose uptake.

As a result, less glucose enters the cell, and is instead processed via the liver to produce triacylglycerols that are stored as fat. A further consequence is that the muscles of the body get less energy and therefore will send a signal to the brain telling it to eat more in order to get more energy.

NOVO identifies the foods to which a person mounts an immune response. Eliminating these foods from the diet reduces the inflammatory response, and allows a more balanced interaction between IGF-1, tyrosine kinase and integrine receptors.

Sniper, would you mind sharing with us a summary of which foods you can and cannot eat?

I know that your results are only valid for yourself, but I would still be interested in what your results were.

Koevoet said:
Sniper, would you mind sharing with us a summary of which foods you can and cannot eat?

I know that your results are only valid for yourself, but I would still be interested in what your results were.

The foods that I tested out to have reactions to were dairy, pork, most shell fish, (lobster is still a bitch) salmon which was another kick in the ass, carrots, kiwi, potato's, etc etc. I have the list up on the fridge.

Once I got used to eating the foods on the list it was pretty easy, could even go out for dinner. and I feel great, my workouts are better, I do recover quicker, less stress, my body responds better to gear. It had made a serious difference in my diet, and my overall health.

It's not a quick fix, but a gradual process over time.

Cheers!

Sniper97

i'm gonna do this as well,

so what is the process? i get my bloodwork done at my doctors office and sent the results to the company here in the us?

what was the cost for this?

km2000 said:
i'm gonna do this as well,

so what is the process? i get my bloodwork done at my doctors office and sent the results to the company here in the us?

what was the cost for this?

I live in the UK and it cost me 200 british pounds, contact one of the doctors in the US they will be able to provide a price for you. But basically that is it, get 20 ml of blood drawn they perform the tests, you get your results, eat from the green part and away you go. After a month you feel great, and also you're eating protien your body doesn't react to, so naturally you absorb more protein.

I can't believe the difference it made.

Cheers!

Sniper97

I have been contemplating this very same testing protocol after reading that long post (Q+A interview) somebody put up by Paul Borresson. He talked about food allergies quite a bit in that.

Was gonna ask my local doc about it and see what he knows. Been having lots of distress lately myself.

BTW- how many foods or types of foods can they test for? I thought the Borresson article said 50-100 or something like that?

Keep this bumped VERY GOOD INFO

thanks SNIPER

Here is the Borresson info I was speaking of , guess maybe he didnt say how many foods they could test for..

AE: Histamine suppression- How does this work?

PB: Well, I'm a very strong believer that allergies are the primary reason why we don't grow or why we age. Because our bodies become more and more unable to recognize itself, or starts to think itself is an enemy. A lot of diseases like senility are examples of this, as we get older we start to attack our own brain, Graves disease where we attack our own endocrine system, these diseases develop as we get older and develop as our bodies start to slip. That's really why we age.

I always look at what's stopping this person from growing, not what will make this person grow. The first most important thing for any bodybuilder is to have a cytotoxic test to find out every food he's allergic to and remove it. That's just simple logic. Allergies occur in times of excess. Bodybuilders live for excess, we force-feed, we overeat, we create more of these reactions in our bodies. The mechanism is histamine, the body creates histamine in an allergic response to try to fight any change in the body. People with allergic reactions take anti-histamines, or histamine suppression. Now, I'm saying that histamine is a control, it's something that holds us back as bodybuilders. It's a defense mechanism that can go wrong. So when you push the gear up or when you push the food up, I find that if you do a cytotoxic test on someone when they're dieting and then you do one on them when they're force feeding they'll end up allergic to a whole host of things when they're force feeding. So I would then use histamine suppression. At times of excess, when you're pushing the course, when you're eating hard, when you're trying to grow, you hit a sticking point, by incorporating an anti-histamine you'll find that growth comes easier.

Last edited:
Jerkyboy said:
I have been contemplating this very same testing protocol after reading that long post (Q+A interview) somebody put up by Paul Borresson. He talked about food allergies quite a bit in that.

Was gonna ask my local doc about it and see what he knows. Been having lots of distress lately myself.

BTW- how many foods or types of foods can they test for? I thought the Borresson article said 50-100 or something like that?

Keep this bumped VERY GOOD INFO

thanks SNIPER

Here is the Borresson info I was speaking of , guess maybe he didnt say how many foods they could test for..

The test is for approx 115 different kinds of food.

Cheers!

Sniper97

The issue with allergy food testing is if your having autoimmune response and get test during it it can show false positives or if your sick or immune system weak. I have had food testing done several times showing im allergic to almost every food edible and other times to just milk and or corn products.

What an awesome thread Sniper...I'm lovin all the new cutting edge info that's been coming through this board lately

Does this company still exist?
I ask as I clicked on the link in the ops first post and the website comes up but when you try to subscribe to the mailing list,I get a message saying error no such link exists

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws