over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Definitive Health Thread

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
thats true, but seems like often you either keep your mind and lose your body, or keep body and lose your mind, my mom is 85 and physically does very good but her mind is going, its been a very slow progression for about 4-5 years, hell she is not on any meds outside her Alzheimer's meds, her husband is 1 year younger and his body is going but mind is good, i have seen many like this, in my case it will be the body, lol.
True for many, but not all. My grandmother was about 94 when she died and was doing well physically and mentally. Real sharp in the mind. She ended up dying from congestive heart failure. She seemed to feel well most of the time.

Her son, my uncle, is 85 now and not doing so well. It's weird, he was great and then all of the sudden over the course of about 6 months things went to hell. So he's going to live on not feeling so great. It's not always that way though.

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
I lost my mom a year ago to alzheimers and dementia. I tell you nothing worse than talking to your mother and she has no clue who you are. That has been the hardest thing Ive delt with in life. and ive delt with a lot.if I tell you ....you wouldnt believe how I havent taken my life
I pray I don't have to live through that with either of my parents. When I was just about 5 years old I can still remember going to visit my great grandmother in the rest home. She was about 95 .She had a bad stroke and other cognitive problems. Not sure what all. I remember her crying in her bed like a baby. She was actually calling out for her "mommy", like a young child. She had no idea who she was etc. Really affected me considering I still remember something that happened when I was only 5.

Bio

Staff member
Registered
Guys I'm sympathetic and empathetic to these personal tragedies but please discuss it further via PM's so this thread can get back on topic! Thank you!!

pimpman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Guys I'm sympathetic and empathetic to these personal tragedies but please discuss it further via PM's so this thread can get back on topic! Thank you!!
Sorry bio your right my bad brother

Bio

Staff member
Registered

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Yea my dad lived till 87 and died of cancer.2 days ago made it 5 years he passed on September 2. If it wasn't for the cancer I'm sure he still be alive
He was never on a wheel chair. He walked perfectly and drove as well
Sorry to hear about your loss brother. I lost my father at 53. My heart goes out to you and your family.

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My grandmother died two weeks ago at the age of 96. She never took any prescription drugs. The last year of her life her mind was pretty much shot.

Reload

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This is a great thread Bio. We need more like it. How about a sub category for guys looking to downsize, retire from the game gracefully with both mental & physical health in mind. Information specifically by "retired pros" in regards to how they changed their mindset and navigated the harsh reality of stepping away from their former bigger than life personas. A generalized blue print for when/how to come off the PEDS, eat sensibly and make the most of their lives after competitive bodybuilding. We're all going to face this reality at some point. It's like the 50% of the equation that's unknown or spoken very little about. Professional Muscle could be that one place that provides that continuity. We've lost so many talented individuals lately.
Any way, just a thought.

liv2pb

Registered
I wanted to add lialda on the list of supplements. Pure EPA that helps with plaque regression and many other things. I wanted to let everyone know know how easy it is to get and the Cost. All I did was take a few blood tests with low hdl then request it. Print out the coupon on lialdas website and it only costs $9 a month. I wish I knew it was this easy/cheap or I would have been on it years ago.

liv2pb

Registered
I wanted to add lialda on the list of supplements. Pure EPA that helps with plaque regression and many other things. I wanted to let everyone know know how easy it is to get and the Cost. All I did was take a few blood tests with low hdl then request it. Print out the coupon on lialdas website and it only costs $9 a month. I wish I knew it was this easy/cheap or I would have been on it years ago.
I meant vascepa lmao

Bio

Staff member
Registered

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
sassynikki22