over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Definitive Health Thread

Use Google Scholar. For example:

Development of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis after anabolic steroid abuse​

Way too little attention goes to the kidneys in discussions.

Not on this forum! Kidney health has been discussed at length!!

As can see cholesterol is not in optimal ranges. I did eat protein and carbs five hours before, so this could of effected it. I've heard and read it does.

Over past three years it's gotten higher and higher, esp since starting hgh and slin. High 1.5 ius daily. Slin 10 ius for a year almost did it every resistance day.
Been at one or two days week .

Carbs I think is main reason cholesterol in general has declined. Like five years ago was fine. If continues , will try out cholesterol meds, maybe eod , three, maybe six, months out of the year and keep monitoring .

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_173822967.jpg
    IMG_20221024_173822967.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
Alt and AST have been high since 2009 . More than likely bc of resistance exercise. Yes I trained hard the day before. Glucose 125, ate 40 grams egg whites and couple pieces of cheese five hours before.
Bun 26, was this number last time. I'll be researching.

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_174405990.jpg
    IMG_20221024_174405990.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 13
Mine is almost always brought on by anxiety. It can also come on when I start doing a lot of abdominal work which is almost positively muscle spasms but feel almost identical. I think they're both brought on by intestinal spasms. Once I get past the first few weeks, I'm usually okay from there. I think people should use digestive enzymes more liberally. And SIBO can be treated with antibiotics. I just don't know enough about it. Any of it.
I cured my SIBO with a holistic protocol mainly TCM and Ayurveda. Ill have to dig up the exact formula but I Was bouncing ideas off back n forth with @heavy-hitter

it was slippery elm, DGL, betaine HCL+pepsin, triphala, neem oil, berberine, pancreatin, NAC something along those lines

+ KEFIR , Im sure I was doing apple cider vinegar rtoo

I cured my SIBO with a holistic protocol mainly TCM and Ayurveda. Ill have to dig up the exact formula but I Was bouncing ideas off back n forth with @heavy-hitter

it was slippery elm, DGL, betaine HCL+pepsin, triphala, neem oil, berberine, pancreatin, NAC something along those lines

+ KEFIR , Im sure I was doing apple cider vinegar rtoo
Yes the fermentation process breaks down elements of foods greatly (e.g. gluten) and the enzymatic activity is pure medicine for the gut. @heavyhitter also suggested a licorice I think. But the intestinal spasms are just excruciating. Like you're doubled over excruciating.

Yes the fermentation process breaks down elements of foods greatly (e.g. gluten) and the enzymatic activity is pure medicine for the gut. @heavyhitter also suggested a licorice I think. But the intestinal spasms are just excruciating. Like you're doubled over excruciating.
If it’s super bad, as the doc about a script for dicyclomine

peppermint oil, chamomile

I haven’t seen it mentioned but Blood Sugar levels are important as well and easily tracked. This is especially important if someone is running HGH, since it has a tendency to increase your blood sugar. Regular fasting levels and A1C should be common place. I have seen that for me I only started seeing an increase after I hit 54 and mostly during a bulking phase when I am incorporating hgh and a higher level of carbs. During a cut with the lower level of card my blood sugar seems to fall back down.

I haven’t seen it mentioned but Blood Sugar levels are important as well and easily tracked. This is especially important if someone is running HGH, since it has a tendency to increase your blood sugar. Regular fasting levels and A1C should be common place. I have seen that for me I only started seeing an increase after I hit 54 and mostly during a bulking phase when I am incorporating hgh and a higher level of carbs. During a cut with the lower level of card my blood sugar seems to fall back down.
how often do u check ur blood sugar while on gh? daily? 2-3x per day etc...?

Fish/Krill Oil/FAs and EFA (EPA/DHA/ALA*)
*includes Alpha Lipoic Acid and Alpha Linolenic Acid

(Feel free to correct any if this or add any additional info as you see fit)

Fish/krill oil, flaxseed oil, and certain nuts are dietary sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Your body needs omega-3 fatty acids for many functions, from muscle activity to cell growth. There is a lot to unpack here but suffice to say for now that they have a wide range of health benefits for our community. I will leave references for further reading at the bottom because it's too much for a single post and there is some differences of opinions on how much and which Omega-3's are most important.

Fish and krill oil contain two omega-3s called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Dietary sources of DHA and EPA are fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel and trout, and shellfish, such as mussels, oysters and crabs. Some nuts, seeds (e.g. flaxseed oil) and vegetable oils contain other omega-3's like the essential fatty acid (EFA) alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).

Omega 3 supplements vary considerably on the amount of, and quality of these fatty acids:

Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)

Consuming omega-3 fatty acids has been shown to improve heart health by reducing several markers of cardiovascular stress and total and LDL cholesterol. Studies show that regularly consuming enough omega-3 fatty acids like DHA (and EPA) can lower the risk of cardiovascular death (apoptosis) and offer an improved lipid profile (cholesterol).

There are several forms of omega-3 fatty acids and two main forms are DHA and EPA. These two forms are often found together, but they are not equal. Several studies have pointed to DHA as being a more effective protector of heart health than EPA along with reducing blood pressure (note: this can be a serious consideration for those already taking blood pressure medication).

DHA is also associated with reduced inflammation. In one study, consuming DHA helped reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis by 28%. Inflammation is also linked to heart disease, and reduced inflammation may also lower your risk of coronary events.

Even beyond these benefits are increased eye health with reduced risk of glaucoma and internal eye pressure.

EPA supports the heart, immune system and reduced inflammatory response while DHA also benefits the brain, eyes, and central nervous system. Most common OTC omega-3 supplements have a higher EPA to DHA ratio gram per gram but both fatty acids have roles in heart health and can be found separately, and even more purified forms by prescription. Both are associated with an improved lipid profile and are available as Lovaza (omega-3-acid ethyl esters, contains both EPA and DHA) and Vascepa (EPA only).

Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) and the EFA Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA)

Alpha-Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant produced in the body also known as Acetate Replacing Factor, Biletan, Lipoicin, Thioctan and along with being a potent intracellular antioxidant also supports liver health.

Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Alpha-Linolenic Acid (found in flaxseed oil) both go by ALA but are different in function so check labels (see below)

Screenshot_20230228-020808_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Very nice breakdown at 33 min in by Peter Attia. Well worth the watch/listen. Lipids, APO B, Statins, Ezetimibe, PKS-9 Inhibitors, etc

The earlier part on blood vessel health, blood pressure, etc is also very good.

Fish/Krill Oil/FAs and EFA (EPA/DHA/ALA*)
*includes Alpha Lipoic Acid and Alpha Linolenic Acid

(Feel free to correct any if this or add any additional info as you see fit)

Fish/krill oil, flaxseed oil, and certain nuts are dietary sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Your body needs omega-3 fatty acids for many functions, from muscle activity to cell growth. There is a lot to unpack here but suffice to say for now that they have a wide range of health benefits for our community. I will leave references for further reading at the bottom because it's too much for a single post and there is some differences of opinions on how much and which Omega-3's are most important.

Fish and krill oil contain two omega-3s called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Dietary sources of DHA and EPA are fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel and trout, and shellfish, such as mussels, oysters and crabs. Some nuts, seeds (e.g. flaxseed oil) and vegetable oils contain other omega-3's like the essential fatty acid (EFA) alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).

Omega 3 supplements vary considerably on the amount of, and quality of these fatty acids:

Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)

Consuming omega-3 fatty acids has been shown to improve heart health by reducing several markers of cardiovascular stress and total and LDL cholesterol. Studies show that regularly consuming enough omega-3 fatty acids like DHA (and EPA) can lower the risk of cardiovascular death (apoptosis) and offer an improved lipid profile (cholesterol).

There are several forms of omega-3 fatty acids and two main forms are DHA and EPA. These two forms are often found together, but they are not equal. Several studies have pointed to DHA as being a more effective protector of heart health than EPA along with reducing blood pressure (note: this can be a serious consideration for those already taking blood pressure medication).

DHA is also associated with reduced inflammation. In one study, consuming DHA helped reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis by 28%. Inflammation is also linked to heart disease, and reduced inflammation may also lower your risk of coronary events.

Even beyond these benefits are increased eye health with reduced risk of glaucoma and internal eye pressure.

EPA supports the heart, immune system and reduced inflammatory response while DHA also benefits the brain, eyes, and central nervous system. Most common OTC omega-3 supplements have a higher EPA to DHA ratio gram per gram but both fatty acids have roles in heart health and can be found separately, and even more purified forms by prescription. Both are associated with an improved lipid profile and are available as Lovaza (omega-3-acid ethyl esters, contains both EPA and DHA) and Vascepa (EPA only).

Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) and the EFA Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA)

Alpha-Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant produced in the body also known as Acetate Replacing Factor, Biletan, Lipoicin, Thioctan and along with being a potent intracellular antioxidant also supports liver health.

Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Alpha-Linolenic Acid (found in flaxseed oil) both go by ALA but are different in function so check labels (see below)

View attachment 171608
I actually would be curious if there are any semi-insiders in the supplement industry that can point out reliable OTC fish oil brands.

I trust Nootropics Depot, for one. Currently I am getting 5g epa/DHA via Sport Research brand because I found a great deal at Costco, but cheap is not always good when it comes to fish oil.

I actually would be curious if there are any semi-insiders in the supplement industry that can point out reliable OTC fish oil brands.

I trust Nootropics Depot, for one. Currently I am getting 5g epa/DHA via Sport Research brand because I found a great deal at Costco, but cheap is not always good when it comes to fish oil.
The one I've settled on is by Metagenics. It's in triglyceride form and seems closest to the Rx brand Lovaza. It's pricey though at $65-75 per 120 caps. It gives both the amount I want and the quality I want. But it's easily possible that equivalents could be found for less though. This one lowers my HCT though so I'm sticking with it. It can be found on Amazon and through their own store.

Screenshot_20230322-021836_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Truth be told too, if you look at the folks that live the longest they are smaller people. The same holds true for a lot of animals. I think the smallest dog breeds live longer.

That article is on height, but overall body mass is what the factor is I think.
There is a reason you hear the term "Little Old Man" a lot but rarely hear the term "Big Old Man." You don't see too many 6'5" men past their 70's. But you see plenty of 5'4" old guys still holding strong at 90.

If anyone could put the correct amounts of all essential nutrients into one plate of food, all you'd have to do is eat a ton of that and your body would make the rest. But unfortunately, your body can make everything it needs except what I've listed below. And just so we're clear, make no mistake, a chronic deficiency of any one of these, whether water, Lysine, Vit C, sodium? Let's see.. Dead, dead, dead, and *checks notes* yes, dead. And usually a long slow miserable death at that, lads.

We require 39 essential nutrients¹ in all so let's get 'em in. From A to Zinc.

Essential Fluids:
Water

Essential Amino Acids:
Isoleucine
Histadine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Tryptophan
Theonine
Valine

Essential Fatty Acids:
Alpha-linolenic acid
Linoleic acid

Essential Vitamins:
Vitamin A
Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Choline

Essential Minerals:
Calcium
Chloride
Chromium
Copper
Iodine
Iron
Magnesium
Manganese
Molybdenum
Phosphorus
Potassium
Selenium
Sodium
Zinc

¹ This number could be disputed as some are quasi-essential meaning your body produces some but not enough so thanks evolution. Thanks a lot.

According to Dante Trudel and these medical studies high dose Lutein is very helpful for cholesterol profiles and heart health. You can find an indepth post about it on his IG. Here is a list of medical studies he pulled it from posted on his blog:
He also has a great cheat sheet of heart health supplements posted on another site:
This was taken from an Elite FTS article he wrote. The dosing might be helpful for some:

I've gotten a few questions about a recent social media post I made about some of the supplements I take for daily health, and would like to share my thoughts on them with the EliteFTS readership and why I believe they're important. First off, I'd like to give credit where credit is due. John Meadows and Dante Trudel's opinions on these supplements are the sole reasons why I invested time into researching them and integrating them into my daily routine. John and Dante both have sterling reputations for researching and prioritizing the long term health of strength athletes, so it makes sense to listen to when they speak. Here's what I've been taking and why:

Life Extension Omega 3 Complex
- 1 serving 2x daily
- Improves lipid/triglyceride profiles, reduces inflammation

Jarrow Ubiquinol with q-Sorb
- 100mgs 2x daily
- Ubiquinol is a more absorbable form of Co-Q-10, which has been shown to improve long term cardiac health outcomes and improve lipid panels

Nature's Made CholestOff
- 1 serving 2x daily
- Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol

Jarrow Citrus Bergamot
- 1 500mg serving 2x daily
- Dramatically boosts HDL cholesterol

NOW Foods NAC
- 1800mgs daily
- Overall cellular health, powerful antioxidant, liver and kidney support

TUDCA
- 600mgs daily
- Liver protectant, overall cellular health

Life Extension Vitamin D / K2
- 1 serving daily
- Vitamin D - helps body absorb important minerals in the intestines and plays a role in calcium metabolism. Many people are deficient in vitamin D.
- Vitamin K2 is one of the most interesting supplements I've ever come across. Studies suggest that it plays a role in reducing, and even reversing, the calcification of arterial plaque. This is a tremendously promising supplement for long term cardiac health.

Life Extension Super Bio Curcumin
- 600mgs daily
- Too many benefits to list. Look this one up for yourself and be amazed guys.
Credit for the above: https://www.elitefts.com/training-logs/whats-that-fistful-of-pills-for/

Last but not least I have not seen anyone mention this supplement which is supposed to be amazing. If I misssed it posted I apologize.
Nattokinase is supposed to be able to reverse calcium damage to arterial wall along with preventing future damage.

research Nattokinase and or K2.

Im currently dealing with heart issues. I will let everyone know what all is going on in another post and what my doctors say when I can finally get in front of one (on 4/20).
long story short, I went on vacation to HI. Ended up in the ER with Noro Virsu, Ecoli, Sepsis- worst feeling experience of my life. They found out my heart was only pumping at about 30% (i think its called ejection fraction but I may be wrong). By the time they released me 10 days later It had climbed to 40% but this was not my first heart issue.
I suffered a heart attack at 31 from a blood clot in my LVT. I have made a lot of mistakes since then and before.
I went and had CT scan and 3d imagining of my whole body last week. the findings were not stellar.
I will post up what Im doing to combat it and let everyone know how its working as I get evidence back in a separate thread so as to not spam this amazing thread.
For context, im a 38 year old former BB who now focuses on wellness and has been out of the scend of BB for many years though I still lived like one. Now im just scared as to how much damage is done. If I cant reverse it I hope some of the younger guys can learn from me cause I know a lot of guys are much more reckless than I would have considred myself and Im proof you can and will fuck yourself up if your not careful.

This is another very helpful supplement for arterial calcification. DC says and some studies also say you can reverse calcification taking this twice daily over an extended period of time. I will try and let you know as I will be doing a lot of testing in the coming months. Im guessing they will want to put stints in me and some surgery but thats only speculative right now.

ADK/ Vitamin K2

This is another very helpful supplement for arterial calcification. DC says and some studies also say you can reverse calcification taking this twice daily over an extended period of time. I will try and let you know as I will be doing a lot of testing in the coming months. Im guessing they will want to put stints in me and some surgery but thats only speculative right now.

ADK/ Vitamin K2

I just wonder if taking vit k and natto might cause u to strip too much out of the arteries etc…? I wonder because if i take straight up natto more than a few times per week i get nosebleeds…. No idea why but i dont want to be taking a bunch of stuff that may dissolve a bunch of stuff and eventually cause me to either bleed out from not knowing i had something in there or it causing something to get dislodged and then cause other issues…

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws