over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

THE LAST WEEK PRECONTEST

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Ok guys,

This is going off the Dennis James thread...Being that he looks f%cking unreal right now, and could step on stage...What if he just follow the diet he is doing and just go like that...I know for me, that most times I look great a week to 10 days out and most times end up flat and smooth...But, even though im low carbs and all I look pretty full, but rock hard...Do you guys feel the same about this ? Why is it that if you look great 10 days out, why would you deplete or carb up, or mess with sodium, ect,ect...

what do you guys think ?

chris

chris250 said:
Ok guys,

This is going off the Dennis James thread...Being that he looks f%cking unreal right now, and could step on stage...What if he just follow the diet he is doing and just go like that...I know for me, that most times I look great a week to 10 days out and most times end up flat and smooth...But, even though im low carbs and all I look pretty full, but rock hard...Do you guys feel the same about this ? Why is it that if you look great 10 days out, why would you deplete or carb up, or mess with sodium, ect,ect...

what do you guys think ?

chris

I agree Chris. I think its the "What If" factor. If I just do this a little more, or do a little less of that, etc.

I just think after putting all your time, energy and effort into prepping you feel you MUST do these things but its what everyone does, right?

I would like to say I would try this for my next show, but Im sure I would talk myself out of it, lol.

MainEvent- Im with you on this one...I was thinking that at about a week out I looked great, dry and very hard...but just not full...But, I did what everyone else does and carb up, for 3 days...I do think I hit it pretty good this time...but next time I might not be so lucky...

What do the rest of you guys think, about this ?

i've "read" (i.e. have no idea if this is true or not) lee priest says he doesn't deplete and/or load water, carbs or sodium

I think I read that Dennis is just low carbing it all the way to the show, nothing fancy here. For my next contest (ecup 07) I will try and be ready 4 weeks out and take pics and see how I look with tanner on and just on my normal low carb diet at that point. If I look full, hard w/separations etc... I will try and convince myself to just roll in. Only thing I might do is lower my high salt diet a little and add a little dyazide the night before and stil keep water in. Sounds exciting. I am sick of coming in lighter than Id like with no feel to my muscles. Although my shitload experiment has been the most successful yet. VERY dry but not totally full of course.

glenihan said:
i've "read" (i.e. have no idea if this is true or not) lee priest says he doesn't deplete and/or load water, carbs or sodium

read the samething, changes nothing.

edge250 said:
mainevent maybe we should share our secret with chris250:D

I think we should charge for this! 60/40 split in your favor since you came up with it.

Except for next years show.....you must forget this secret! I will have to hypnotize you or something......LMAO. I dont know it I ever told you but I ordered a to go order and this is what I had the morning of the show also :)

I am coaching a guy who is now about 2 weeks out from a show and I told him we should just coast in, not do anything drastic at all. But of course he want's to load to the max and be as full and dry as possible at the same time. I told him why change anything if you are looking on point last week? But it's a hard to convince them when the whole depletion and loading thing is so ingrained in most everyone who competes.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear