over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The new Conan movie...I'll pass

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
word is the actor who will be playing Conan in the upcoming movie is Jason Momoa from Stargate Atlantis. now maybe with 2 years of training and a few cycles he might get away with it but not as he is now. what a major disappointment for true Conan fans.

oh crap

I agree tom. Very disappointed. Hollywood is once again not staying true to the original version that made the movie a success. Apparently they feel the need to adapt to use girly boys in their movies so that more teenagers will catch on. Such a shame. I knew that the film industry lost it last year when they made a series called "The Tudors" where Henry VIII is played by that dude Jason Rythe-Meyers (or whatever), when in fact Henry the VIII was one of the fattest pigs ever -- i.e. around 300 lbs. Talk about ridiculous and unrealistic casting.

... the finally toughened bond up but they're turning conan into a guido.

There's no justice.

I agree tom. Very disappointed. Hollywood is once again not staying true to the original version that made the movie a success. Apparently they feel the need to adapt to use girly boys in their movies so that more teenagers will catch on. Such a shame. I knew that the film industry lost it last year when they made a series called "The Tudors" where Henry VIII is played by that dude Jason Rythe-Meyers (or whatever), when in fact Henry the VIII was one of the fattest pigs ever -- i.e. around 300 lbs. Talk about ridiculous and unrealistic casting.

Henry the VIII was actually quite athletic in his younger years. He only fattened up later in life. 300lbs is also a bit of an exaggeration. I've seen his armor on display at the tower of London and trust me, even the later version with the pot belly breast plate was not made for a 300lb man.

Bionic, got this off movies.com

Kellan Lutz is also in the running for the role.

Casting Conan: Stepping into the role Arnold Schwarzenegger made famous is Stargate Atlantis star Jason Momoa, whose sword-wielding skills, dreadlocks and Survivor jewelry apparently wowed director Marcus Nispel enough to beat out rival Kellan Lutz.

Also...

I heard Roland Kikinger was up for the part too. I guess he had too much muscle for the role. LOL..... you know all you gotta do is look at the artwork of Frank Frazetta and you'll appreciate the fact that Conan should be played by someone with at least a national caliber physique. I think Robert E. Howard creator of Conan would have a fit if he saw the new movie. good thing he's dead.

... the finally toughened bond up but they're turning conan into a guido.

There's no justice.

Jason Momoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Momoa, an only child, was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and raised in Norwalk, Iowa by his mother. His father was a Native Hawaiian and his mother was of German, Irish, and Native American ancestry.

get your shit straight

Last edited:
He will have at least a year before a lot of the writing even starts. So he probably has around 18 months to get bigger.

But he won't be anywhere near Conan. :(

He will have at least a year before a lot of the writing even starts. So he probably has around 18 months to get bigger.

But he won't be anywhere near Conan. :(

Unfortunately that timeframe is off.

Jason Momoa - News

Jason Momoa has been tapped to star in the reboot of “Conan,” the rebirth of the Robert E. Howard-created series. He is a television star who most notable works are “Baywatch: Hawaii” and “Stargate Atlantis.”

Momoa, held off competition from Twilight’s Kellan Lutz and Jared Padalecki for the coveted warrior role. Sources said that director Marcus Nispel (Friday The 13th.) was sold on Momoa, and won over the filmmakers by shooting a few trial scenes that allowed Momoa to wield a sword and behave very Schwarzenegger-like.

Additionally, we hear that Lionsgate have “extended an offer” to Mickey Rourke to play Conan’s father, Codril. No confirmation either way yet, but interesting nonetheless.

“Conan” is scheduled to start production in Bulgaria on March 15. 2010.

This is some BS man!! I believe this Conan movie will bomb just because this dude is not Conan material!! What the hell is this director Marcus Nispel THINKING???? I'm dissapointed! :mad:

How about the movie will bomb because Hollywood is completely out of ideas and everything put out is a re write.

If they are thinking about doing Conan the younger years, or how he got started then maybe. But not to pick up where the old Conan left off at. Most movies once they have run their cycle, there is a always a producer who shoots the movie again but takes it back to how it all got started. Either way I say let it go!

Didn't hollywood learn it's lesson already when they tried to remake The Honeymooners using Cedric the entertainer? hahahahahahaha

Jason Momoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Momoa, an only child, was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and raised in Norwalk, Iowa by his mother. His father was a Native Hawaiian and his mother was of German, Irish, and Native American ancestry.

get your shit straight

Yeah, a little respect please. Jason would be great in many roles, but I'm not sure about Conan. To be fair I also thought Heath Ledger would be a poor Joker.

I would say it would take hell of a lot more than a few years of training and a few cycles for him to play conan. I think they should have used Roland or even Gunter. Shit, even the rock.

He looks like he has hypogonadism to me, extremely effeminate also, although that isn't really fair to many women who are more muscular than him(my gf included). Perfect to replace The Oak at his largest (well close to it).

Yeah, a little respect please. Jason would be great in many roles, but I'm not sure about Conan. To be fair I also thought Heath Ledger would be a poor Joker.

He wasnt a poor joker??

respect?

using the derogatory term guido to describe someone is disrespectful

not to mention the man isn't even Italian, so the term was used out of its intended racial context

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner