advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The secret of the pros - THIS IS IT - NO BULL!

Damn Dusty you only 26...

Its all genetics! LOL :D

Impressive man, i had you pegged as older with your size but thats my ignorance. I agree with what youve said.

There is more than one thread in here where guys in the know tell you whats needed , like the one Massive G reposted and theres a few by Dante and a big one by Iabadman around about the last Olympia date wise.

adding Muscle takes consistancy and that means time... and time means years... i myself have seen what a few months of religious eating, cardio and a log book have done for me. feels like the previous years were a waste of time... but now im moving forward.

Wow!! To say that I am surprised by some of the responses to such a simple thread would be a HUGE understatement. I mean shit here we are on one of the best boards in the world with some of the best athlete's and people still refuse to see how some of us attained our level of muscularity. I am far from a genetic wonder but I was given some pretty good natural tools to work with and by combining hard work with my slightly above average genetics I have made some pretty good gains. It just makes me laugh when I read statements like "it's all genetics." Classic loser mentality. I love when guys make excuses before they even begin to give it an honest run. You need to understand that I have been in this industry my entire adult life and have heard it countless times. Each time I want to ask " how many months have you gone without missing a meal? How intense are your workouts? Do you have a well laid out plan that you are following? Do you believe in yourself?

I'm sorry to use myself as an example but I am the only person I can speak on behalf of. When I was 22 years old I had been messing around in the gym for about two years and was a typical guy my age physique wise. I was tipping the scales at about 189lbs and trust me when I say that nobody was asking if I was a BBer. Well somewhere along the line I decided I wanted to become a professional BBer. People started to notice my new found drive and asked what I was training so hard for. To say I got some funny looks when I explained that I was trying to become a pro BBer would be yet another understatement. I'm sure many had to hold back the laughter. In light of time I am going to shorten the story by saying that it has been about four years since then and I have packed on a little over 100lbs of muscle in that time. I am no Flex Wheeler but nobody laughs anymore when I explain why I do what I do. In fact I have even had a few compliment me on making a goal and seeing it through. I think that any of you who believe that it takes crazy genetics to achieve pro size should just quit now because you are just wasting time and money. All that is required to reach an elite level of size is a well thought out plan and the determination to see it through. ANd for those of you who are wondering if you can get pro size let me solve the equation for you..YES.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing pics of all the new muscle in a year or so.

The original sentiment of the thread holds true. Consistency is the key. Dusty augments the argument in saying that picking a goal and sticking to it no matter what is the key to consistency. I might extrapolate this one step further and say that belief in yourself is the key to achieving your goal as well. Who would bother giving 110% every day, day in and day out; if they didn’t believe they could do it? I will follow Dusty’s example and only speak for myself … one thing that has always kept me coming back is having a few people that believe in me during those rare moments when I was no able to believe in myself. Through a fractured spine, dislocated ribs, a bum-shoulder, and an ailing knee I kept coming back because a couple guys said it could be done. Dusty’s constant encouragement, a kind word from a mute, or even Rob fucking with me and adding 20 seconds to a static hold … these are the things that keep me coming back that one-workout-at-a-time that creates a lifetime of consistency. So here’s to consistency, to determination, to personal drive and to a few good bro’s and bro-ettes.

You think it took ten years for guys like Flex Wheeler, Phil Heath, Ronnie Coleman, Kevin Levrone, Jay Cutler etc. to attain their physique? Hell no! Look at a young Ronnie Coleman just starting out. If might take someone like Ronnie Coleman 15 fucking years to get to 300lbs and 5 of those years he's probably gaining maybe only 5-10lbs of muscle working his ass off. But his "base" was built long before he reached the age of 35. Genetics is the NUMBER ONE key to success. What you do with your genetics will determine how far you go whether or not you'll be a pro. Go tell all those amateur guys that bust their fucking ass day in and day out only to be just that.....amateur. You think a guy like Rolf Moeller wouldn't love to be 5 inches taller and about 50 lbs heavier? LOL. Regardless of taking steroids or not........some guys can look at a fucking dumbell and grow. Others not so much.

true it didnt take these guys 10 years to build pro size but....they all ,and i know jay for a fact as i used to live not far from him and have a lot of friends in common and have spoken to him long ago before he was anything big in bbing,....he was consistant from the begining with his trianing. diet was very consistant, and gear....consistant. he had help from the begining on his diet and everythig and listend to those people. hell he got a security job sitting outside so he could get all his meals. and as far as gear...what do you think and 18 yr old would use? like he had some special exotic stuff? highly unlikely, he put on a lot of wt in the first 2 years. and ronnie was power lifting for a long time and eating and these guys didnt miss workouts or meals. hell jay didnt even go out w friends cuz he may miss a meal. and even sold his harley cuz he couldnt ride it and why....so he could get his meals. he couldnt carry them on the harley. thats something not many of us have done. so is it any suprise he is the best??? if we all did it the right way from day one at 18 yr old....what would we look like??? bottom line.....constant training, eating, cardio, and regular run of the mill gear in moderate dosages= pro size guys.
god bless
lucian

Wow!! To say that I am surprised by some of the responses to such a simple thread would be a HUGE understatement. I mean shit here we are on one of the best boards in the world with some of the best athlete's and people still refuse to see how some of us attained our level of muscularity. I am far from a genetic wonder but I was given some pretty good natural tools to work with and by combining hard work with my slightly above average genetics I have made some pretty good gains. It just makes me laugh when I read statements like "it's all genetics." Classic loser mentality. I love when guys make excuses before they even begin to give it an honest run. You need to understand that I have been in this industry my entire adult life and have heard it countless times. Each time I want to ask " how many months have you gone without missing a meal? How intense are your workouts? Do you have a well laid out plan that you are following? Do you believe in yourself?

I'm sorry to use myself as an example but I am the only person I can speak on behalf of. When I was 22 years old I had been messing around in the gym for about two years and was a typical guy my age physique wise. I was tipping the scales at about 189lbs and trust me when I say that nobody was asking if I was a BBer. Well somewhere along the line I decided I wanted to become a professional BBer. People started to notice my new found drive and asked what I was training so hard for. To say I got some funny looks when I explained that I was trying to become a pro BBer would be yet another understatement. I'm sure many had to hold back the laughter. In light of time I am going to shorten the story by saying that it has been about four years since then and I have packed on a little over 100lbs of muscle in that time. I am no Flex Wheeler but nobody laughs anymore when I explain why I do what I do. In fact I have even had a few compliment me on making a goal and seeing it through. I think that any of you who believe that it takes crazy genetics to achieve pro size should just quit now because you are just wasting time and money. All that is required to reach an elite level of size is a well thought out plan and the determination to see it through. ANd for those of you who are wondering if you can get pro size let me solve the equation for you..YES.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing pics of all the new muscle in a year or so.
Well put Dusty and coming from one of the better physiques on this board!! I hope many will take this in. It is about hard work and dedication/consistancy!! After 20 years of training and probably the worst genetics I was able to get into national level and international level shows and place in the top three!! So genetics be damned............to a point!!

I'm curious as to why the actual IFBB "big" pro's never really comment here yet they are apart of this board?

I would love to get some first hand insight from them. I understand their busy schedule but a few post would be golden for all of us little people.

WTF are you talking about....The original poster is an IFBB pro.

I'm curious as to why the actual IFBB "big" pro's never really comment here yet they are apart of this board?

I would love to get some first hand insight from them. I understand their busy schedule but a few post would be golden for all of us little people.

3 of them post on here on a daily basis :st:r-wars

I was talking about the Board pro's that are on display, specifically King Kamali

Big A is a pro
Phil Hernon is a pro
Heinz is a pro

all 3 are on the display

Swing lo,

You should understand that in those times of witch hunt due to ORD & the current war on performance enhancing drugs, it would not be very wise for a big name in the sport ("on display" as you say) to openly talk about his drug use... makes sense, no? :cool:

Swing lo,

You should understand that in those times of witch hunt due to ORD & the current war on performance enhancing drugs, it would not be very wise for a big name in the sport ("on display" as you say) to openly talk about his drug use... makes sense, no? :cool:

What you said would make sense if I would have posted something requesting to hear a big name speak on AAS which I did not. I'm sure he's smart enough to know what to say and what not to say if he did indeed decide to post.

I mean no disrespect here with my comments but this is just how I feel.

Wow. I never read through this thread before but now that I have I wish I hadn't. All these pros and competitors telling members exactly what you need to do to achieve what you'd like. Most of you are right. You WON'T ever look like a pro but it won't be from genetics. I think some of you should just find another sport. And how much exactly do you expect from this board? It's completely free and you'll learn more in a few months here than a year of gym talk and even working with some of these horrible trainers in gyms today and still you want more. Would it make you feel different if even Ron or Jay came on here and confirmed what BigA said? No. It's easier for you to just sit and cry about your genetics. Bunch of weekend warriors expecting to work out inconsistently for a year and take a bunch of drugs, eat like shit, and then get upset when you don't look like a pro? What the hell? Some of the guys here in this thread eat, sleep, and shit bbing and you're going to complain when they tell you what you don't want to hear? What you don't want to do? Some of you little scamps should just move along. This kind of stuff irritates me because none of these would-be bbers would say ANYTHING like they do if not behind a keyboard. Maybe I'm just grouchy tonight but this left a bad taste in my mouth. None of you complainers will succeed and do you know why? Because you've already lost! Even with pros and competitors all around you telling you that you can do it, you still just have to believe that you can't. That's why you never will. And that's the REAL difference here.

...that, and consistency...:p

What you said would make sense if I would have posted something requesting to hear a big name speak on AAS which I did not. I'm sure he's smart enough to know what to say and what not to say if he did indeed decide to post.

I mean no disrespect here with my comments but this is just how I feel.

then what are you complaining about dude ?

we have 4 pros here in fact, I forgot Emeric Delzeg whose posts are ALWAYS informative

if u are looking for diet / training / supps informations from a pro, just do a search under the name of one of the 4 we have on here and u'll find more than u need

and trust me, not only pros here have interesting things to say :cool:

Wow. I never read through this thread before but now that I have I wish I hadn't. All these pros and competitors telling members exactly what you need to do to achieve what you'd like. Most of you are right. You WON'T ever look like a pro but it won't be from genetics. I think some of you should just find another sport. And how much exactly do you expect from this board? It's completely free and you'll learn more in a few months here than a year of gym talk and even working with some of these horrible trainers in gyms today and still you want more. Would it make you feel different if even Ron or Jay came on here and confirmed what BigA said? No. It's easier for you to just sit and cry about your genetics. Bunch of weekend warriors expecting to work out inconsistently for a year and take a bunch of drugs, eat like shit, and then get upset when you don't look like a pro? What the hell? Some of the guys here in this thread eat, sleep, and shit bbing and you're going to complain when they tell you what you don't want to hear? What you don't want to do? Some of you little scamps should just move along. This kind of stuff irritates me because none of these would-be bbers would say ANYTHING like they do if not behind a keyboard. Maybe I'm just grouchy tonight but this left a bad taste in my mouth. None of you complainers will succeed and do you know why? Because you've already lost! Even with pros and competitors all around you telling you that you can do it, you still just have to believe that you can't. That's why you never will. And that's the REAL difference here.

...that, and consistency...:p

Great Post! I won two amatuer shows, when no one said I could. I also opened three sucessful business with little money and no college education

THE ONLY ONE THAT LIMITS YOURSELF IS YOU!

AMEN

believe in urself and u have done 99% of the job !

Agreed....i had something personally written to me a while ago by a pro...and its inspired me in life...... read my signature!

I totally agree with Big A and the whole consistency thing! Take people like Branch Warren for instance, he doesn't seem to have the best genetics. I mean he didn't turn pro at a crazy young age or we've never heard any stories of him saying how easily he grew, but one thing we all know is that HE BUSTS HIS ASS IN THE GYM! Granted there are some gyms who this comes "easier" to such as flex wheeler and lee priest, guys who turned pro at an early age, but these same guys were still busting their ass and being consistent with everything at an even earlier age. If you doubt for one second consistency isn't the key then quit your job and train, eat, rest, and supplement like a pro and see if you don't GROW like crazy!

I totally agree with Big A and the whole consistency thing! Take people like Branch Warren for instance, he doesn't seem to have the best genetics. I mean he didn't turn pro at a crazy young age or we've never heard any stories of him saying how easily he grew, but one thing we all know is that HE BUSTS HIS ASS IN THE GYM! Granted there are some gyms who this comes "easier" to such as flex wheeler and lee priest, guys who turned pro at an early age, but these same guys were still busting their ass and being consistent with everything at an even earlier age. If you doubt for one second consistency isn't the key then quit your job and train, eat, rest, and supplement like a pro and see if you don't GROW like crazy!

Didn't Branch turn pro in early 20's??

Didn't Branch turn pro in early 20's??

He won is pro card at 26 by winning his weight class, not overall. Don't think he competed in his first pro show until he was 29. I'm not 100% sure as to when he started lifting but lets just say 18. Do you know the insane amounts of muscle one could obtain in 8 years of consistent training, eating, and supplementing? Hes now 33 and we all see what 15 years of consistency has done for him.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws