advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The secret of the pros - THIS IS IT - NO BULL!

Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
The secret is CONSISTENCY.

Ask yourself this:

If for a whole year, you will not miss any workouts, any sleep, any meals or any injections, what will you look like at the end of the year? Damn good, right?

Now imagine doing the above for 10 years. What will you look like? Like a pro!

Forget about genetics. HONEST CONSISTENCY is the answer.

Great food for thought Big A!

Amen!!!
I will not go into a personal story, but consistency is key with ANYTHING in life.
But, life isn't consistent right......?!?

that is the truth some people assume jucie is a magic potion however i know brotha that have been on however they eat like shit drink weekly etc. and they have not made any gains. its a selfish sport as im getting ready for a shw in june and after working a f/t job traning 7days a week eating 6 meals a day i barely want to go out with my lady however she understands what im trying to do.

How do you explain the great pros who eat shit (albeit great quantities of it), drink and do drugs, and train like pussies?

J/K (sort of) :eek: :p

Nice Post Big A

Consistent

I don't compete and have no intentions to do so, however, I had this kid come up to me in the gym the other night and say "Damn...you are jacked..How do I get like that? " .........I told him " Work out for 20 years consistently...don't miss any days and eat right".........The kid said "damn! " then walked away........I thought it was kind of funny..

How do you explain the great pros who eat shit (albeit great quantities of it), drink and do drugs, and train like pussies?

J/K (sort of) :eek: :p

Once you reach a certain size, you can do whatever you want.

Have to disagree… honest consistency will = progress but genetics separates the greats from the grunts.

Consistency will get you to pro size. Genetics will determine what you will look like.

I don't compete and have no intentions to do so, however, I had this kid come up to me in the gym the other night and say "Damn...you are jacked..How do I get like that? " .........I told him " Work out for 20 years consistently...don't miss any days and eat right".........The kid said "damn! " then walked away........I thought it was kind of funny..

Exactly, I get people coming up to me all the time wanting to know how I got so big. I always tell them straight up that the 2 biggest factors are:
1.) consistency
2.) I thank my mom and dad every day

I lifted my first weight when I was 23 y/o and 165lbs and for the past 18 years I have almost never missed a workout other than 2 sinus surgeries where I had to take 1-2 weeks off. I am now 250lbs and about the same bodyfat as when I started; so that is slightly less than 5 pounds of muscle a year. When you break it down like that, 5 pounds a year is really that not much.

Consistency will get you to pro size. Genetics will determine what you will look like.

Still a stretch... here's the thing… genetics are EVERYTHING. Lets forget about bone structure, size, muscle shape and insertions…

Muscle growth itself and the number of cells you’re working with is determined by your genetics. Your recovery time and response to gear is determined by genetics… Your ultimate size is determined by your genetics.

Like I said consistency is essential for progress but to say that consistency will guarantee *pro size* is just not in the cards for a lot of people.

Still a stretch... here's the thing… genetics are EVERYTHING. Lets forget about bone structure, size, muscle shape and insertions…

Muscle growth itself and the number of cells you’re working with is determined by your genetics. Your recovery time and response to gear is determined by genetics… Your ultimate size is determined by your genetics.

Like I said consistency is essential for progress but to say that consistency will guarantee *pro size* is just not in the cards for a lot of people.

People use the genetics card as an excuse too much. Yes, genetics are the cause for all the variations you mentioned, but once one has found the formula that works for their individual gentics, nothing but consistency stands in their way.

I have yet to encounter anyone, that applied the principles correctly consistently for long enough, not to reach pro size. Note I say pro size, not pro quality.

Big A, what do you know about all this stuff?

People use the genetics card as an excuse too much. Yes, genetics are the cause for all the variations you mentioned, but once one has found the formula that works for their individual gentics, nothing but consistency stands in their way.

I have yet to encounter anyone, that applied the principles correctly consistently for long enough, not to reach pro size. Note I say pro size, not pro quality.

You talk like you are a professional bodybuilder or something!?

Oh, yeah............YOU ARE! :D

Tom Prince's view

HOW TO TURN PRO - by Tom Prince

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to cut right to it. Here's EXACTLY, word for word, what it takes for anyone to turn pro:

1. Genetics
2. Busting your ass in the gym
3. Knowing how to eat alot of good food
4. Knowing what it means to "rest"
5. 12-15 YEARS of being consistant, and never missing a scheduled workout (*note: you are allowed to miss 2-3 workouts in that 12-15 years for funerals, family tragedy, etc.)

NOW.. here's how 1-5 plays out: Your GENETICS, you are born with, and can do nothing about. Numbers 2,3,4, I could teach a retarded monkey with a brain amputation.

And #5.. is why 99.99999% of the people fail.. and fall dead on their ass.

Notice is doesn't say "gear" or "steroids" in there at all. If you are one of those people that walks around saying "he's just big because he's on tons of shit!", then you will NEVER make it. NEVER!!

Steroids, GH, gear.. is the ultimate weak minded pussies excuse. Because, if it's GEAR, they never have to admit they aren't good enough. These people come up with an abstract excuse that no one can exacty pin point (how much, exactly is "tons of shit"?), and that way they don't have to admit they just ain't got it.

Notice the only thing you never hear someone say is: "I'm just not good enough?"

Big A you 100% spot on in my opinion, I agree with everything you said in this thread, you are a good rolemodel for the younger people on here such as myself, your advice is much appreciated, as always

Awesome post. It seems that thats all you here nowadays is genetics..genetics... It's like God just handed these guy's the muscle. If that was the case Jay Cutler would not have to train his ass off 50 weeks per year to become Mr Olympia. It is the same type of cop out that Tom Prince eluded to with gear. People think that it is all gear and genetics and use that as an excuse for why they look and train the way they do. The truth is it is called WORK ETHIC, plain and simple.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws