mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Thinking Bodybuilder's Toolbox for health.(bp,cholesterol,heart,kidney,liver)

for all the co q 10 guys you may want to check out idebenone.

What about ubiquinol? I cant believe so many use coq10 still!

The Thinking Bodybuilder's Toolbox for health.(bp,cholesterol,heart,kidney,live

I tried ubiquinol once, the formula I was using had citi cholineor acetyl choline in it and it was making me mentally irritated.

What about ubiquinol? I cant believe so many use coq10 still!

idk, never used it, and dont know too much about it.

idb does seem to be signifigantly supperior to co q10, i have used both.

idb is good for seratonin, eye sight, recovery/reduction in muscle soreness, and it is one of the few supps that works directly on mitochondria.

i use caps with 100mg idb, 250mg rho and gse used as filler, love them!

ubiquinal seems worthy of more research though.

to me idb is just an add on, its nice and helps with specific things but not the foundation of antiox supps.

I take garlic for bp but not sure what to take for cholesterol???
I have used nician but not a fan. Any other recommendations??

Thanks

I take garlic for bp but not sure what to take for cholesterol???
I have used nician but not a fan. Any other recommendations??

Thanks

red yeast 400mg daily. dont quote me here, but ive read this on this board

Anything to help with getting nervous system fatigue really quickly, over trained and needing excessive sleep?

Anything to help with getting nervous system fatigue really quickly, over trained and needing excessive sleep?

Lots of magnesium.

But more importantly, lower stress levels, time off from the gym, avoid training to failure for a bit, get a nap, check bloodwork and eat some good food/maybe carb up one day for a boost.

I'm sure this was already said but that is way too much Vit D to take every day.

It would stress your kidneys and may cause problems down the line.

I'm sure this was already said but that is way too much Vit D to take every day.

It would stress your kidneys and may cause problems down the line.

No, that has not already been said. Please provide some substance with your claims..

Looking for something to help with cholesterol. Does flush free nician work?
What other supplements are available?

Sorta related here: What do you think of DH Keifer's creatine recommendations? 30+ grams per day on average. The recommendations may not apply for the enhanced athlete obviously, but what about a natural? Arnold endorsed it on his website.

How much creatine should you be taking?

Looking for something to help with cholesterol. Does flush free nician work?
What other supplements are available?

Supposed to get the full flush version. FF niacin has some damning evidence against its effectiveness. OTC supps for cholesterol include fish oils, potentially ALA, and of course a diet high in omega 3 fats.

Great idea for a thread!

Health conscious things to do/keep in mind for bodybuilders:

Cardio:
Cardio 4-5x per week, 20-30 mins on elliptical or stairmaster, or something else easy on the knees and joints. Maybe a brisk walk with your dog in the morning around the block for 30 mins. Doesn't matter if you're an ecto and you are scared of burning calories or burning muscle, make up for it by eating more. Doesn't matter if you can get "cut" without cardio, do it for your health

BP: Monitor Blood Pressure Regularly. Be aware of the timing on readings because certain times have different readings ie right after exercise, right after a large high sodium meal, etc. If on the higher side, might want to utilize baby aspirins at 81mg. But it won't do jack shit if you're at something like 160/100 lmao, will need BP meds for that or a reassessment of your cycle/compounds.

Bloodwork: Get bloodwork done, at least every 3-6 months. Optimally you would do it before, during, and after a cycle. Go to privatemdlabs.com if you want a private blood panel done.

Blood Donations/Phlebotomy: Donate blood while off cycle right after a cruise and right before blasting again. Ideally during this period because the hormones other than cruise doses of test are out of your system. Ethically, it's wrong to donate while on cycle because some random old person on the verge of death can be getting your juiced up tren blood. So, morally, if you are in the middle of a cycle you should go to a doc rather than the bloodbank and get a phlebotomy done.

Fruit/Veggie: Listen to your mom and eat your fruits and veggies. Try a variety, but my staple in my fruit diet is fresh pineapple i cut myself, because it has liver detoxifying properties and anti-inflammatory properties. My surgeon once told me that you need to buy fresh pineapple because the canned ones dont provide the same benefit.

Meats: If you have the money, opt for organic and grass fed meats and free-range cagefree eggs/chicken, raw grass fed milk (can get expensive quick though which is why many cant do this). Won't make you grow any bigger or faster but it will have a positive impact on your bloodwork if it is bad... Keep the red meat consumption down and eat more fish and chicken. Go to a fish market or asian grocery store or something instead of eating the same salmon/canned tuna/tilapia. Variety is the spice of life! Even Evan Centopani says he does this, and he is one of the most health conscious, intelligent pros ever. If you are in a culturally diverse area, try new foods from different cultures, spice up your life, it might even make for an interesting date night. lots of interesting foods out there from different cultures

Fluids: stay hydrated with a lot of water, especially if you are on tren to help flush out the metabolites. Ideally, you should just drink a shitload of tea. Don't go buying commercial tea, if you want to ahve some fun with this, go to a chinese herb shop and try all the teas/smell them. There are a ton of different kinds and a lot of them have plentiful health benefits and different tastes. Personally my favorite is jasmine green tea because it has a very flowery taste. Pure cranberry juice not from concentrate is great to help flush your body

Massage Therapy/Foam Rolling: Helps promote fascia stretching, loosens up muscle, accelerates recovery, helps prevent scar tissue formation, keeps muscles from knotting, helps promote better nutrient/oxygen/blood delivery in the massaged areas, etc

I have lots more to add to this, lots more to add on everything above and also other things, esp my take on roids and which ones are especially bad and not worth running, and which ones are good with minimal damage, things to do for joint/tendon health etc maybe will add later
Nice write up,good advice....

Lots of magnesium.

But more importantly, lower stress levels, time off from the gym, avoid training to failure for a bit, get a nap, check bloodwork and eat some good food/maybe carb up one day for a boost.

Thanks already take magnesium Mallate and have se nice BMs because of it. As for the rest I already do that and that's the problem.

for real..

red yeast 400mg daily. dont quote me here, but ive read this on this board

my gf took 2400mgs daily RYR for 60 days and dropped her total cholesterol almost 40 points! Yes I saw the bloodwork sheet before and after

Other then drinking enuff water is their anything that can be
Done for good kidney function?

Bumping this question. I have never seen anything other than diuretic herbs mentioned as supplements for the kidneys. There is NAC and Milk Thistle for the liver, PCT / drugs for the endocrine system, but nothing for the kidneys. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Bumping this question. I have never seen anything other than diuretic herbs mentioned as supplements for the kidneys. There is NAC and Milk Thistle for the liver, PCT / drugs for the endocrine system, but nothing for the kidneys. Am I wrong?

The kidneys are a filter, so it's not about what you take, it's about what you don't take, and the answer to what you shouldn't take is beyond the scope of my finger endurance.

BTW Milk Thistle has zero bioavailability.

When you say milk thistle has zero bioavailability, you mean that taking it orally is pretty much worthless?

**broken link removed**is a patented Phytosome technology that improves the bioavailability of Milk Thistle.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything regarding the kidneys - I'm going to guess that the best thing for the kidneys would be to avoid chemicals/drugs while paying attention to proper hydration and normalizing blood pressure. So it's probably smart to periodically go 100% clean - eat an organic diet that is drug and supplement free.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner