over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Theory about mct oil

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
According to what i have read about MCT oil, it is a fat that when eaten is absorbed quickly, it is protein sparing( anticatabloic), and provides energy for long peroids. THey also have double the cals of carbs, reduce cholesterol, enhance the absorbtion of Amino Acids, induce thermogenisis, and here is where it gets even more interesting... it will decrease your effeciency ratio ( meaning that it takes more food than normal to gain weight!) and on top of that... it CANNOT be stored as bodyfat!! It is converted to ketones for use as energy or excreted, but never stored.

So based on this, i think it would be a benificial addition to the diets of endomorphs, or those whose love to eat but hate the fat that is piled on. I stay on a very structured diet year round, eat very clean, im a meat and potatos guy, but i still get pretty chubby if im not careful. Having to closly moniter my bodyfat seems to slow down my short term progress. I was fat before and just dont want to go there again.

So here is my thinking, if someone like me were to eat clean but high calories yet still stroed significant bodyfat, the addition of MCT oil would require even more food to be eaten to gain weight. So if there is already that abundance of cals to get fat, by adding in the MCT oil i would be able to still gain weight, but not at a rate of excess bodyfat storage.

What do u guys think?

yeah it is great. My last contest diet was 400 grams of proten, 128 grams of fat, and 20 grams of carbs a day. It kept me full and did not leave me very hungry.

Look up avocado oil

VERY interesting properties especially for those on juice.

**broken link removed**

"The Grove Micro Nutrients
The Grove Gourmet Avocado Oil not only looks good and tastes great, but it's also packed with micro-nutrients. Considered one of the most nutritious fruit on earth, avocado has the elevated status of a functional food, providing additional health benefits.

Unmodified whole foods such as avocado have naturally occurring phytochemicals, (or plant sterols), that have been shown to have many health benefits.

Beta-Sitosterol is just one example of a micro-nutrient. It's a very healthy plant compound, known as phytosterol, that occurs naturally in avocado and, (to a lesser extent), in other fruits.

Californian research shows fresh avocado has the highest level of beta-sitosterol of all commonly eaten fruits.

The Grove contains up to 435 mg of Beta-Sitosterol per 100 gms content. That's approximately 25.5 times higher than Californian oranges, (the next best fruit for which research data is available). Beta-Sitosterol alone, or in combination with similar plant sterols, has shown in clinical trials to reduce blood levels of low density cholesterol by blocking.1 It has also been effective in reducing symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.2

In a study by researchers at the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, published in the Archives of Medical Research, Winter 1996, subjects who ate avocado every day for a week experienced an average 17% drop in total blood cholesterol. Moreover, their levels of LDL ("bad") cholesterol dropped while their HDL ("good") cholesterol climbed.
Laboratory Analysis
The Grove Gourmet Avocado Oil typically reveals the following results:

Saturated Fats
14%

Monounsaturated Fats
75%

Acidity Value
< 1.0%

Peroxide Value
< 3.0%

Iodine Value
80 - 85%

Moisture Content
< 0.2%

Protein

Carbohydrate

Sodium

Cholesterol

Vitamin A as Retinol iu/100g

Vitamin E as Total Tocopherols mg/100g

Beta-Sitosterol mg/100g

In a study reported in the June 17, 1995 edition of the British medical journal, The Lancet, patients treated with Beta-Sitosterol showed significant improvement in symptoms and urinary flow parameters. (Randomised, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Clinical Trial of Beta-Sitosterol in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia).

In December 2000, Japanese researchers reported to a congress hosted by the American Chemical Society, that avocado could be a source of new drugs to treat liver disease. Whilst the research is still at an early stage, avocado played an important influence in treating a powerful liver toxin called galactosamine.

Is a phytochemical or carotenoid, that helps protect against prostrate cancer and eye disease such as cataracts and macular degeneration. This is the leading cause of blindness in the elderly.

Recent research by UCLA Centre for Human Nutrition in California reports that Avocado has the highest source of Lutein amongst the 20 most frequently eaten fruit. Lutein also protects against prostrate cancer. "

1 P.J. Neanios et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1999 Jun; 69 (6): 1144 - 50 0002 - 8165
2 Berges R.R. et al. (1995) The Lancet. 345: 1529 - 1532

Avocados have also been shown to contain high levels of the natural plant compound beta-sitosterol, a member of the phytosterol family. The clean and unpolluted growing conditions found in New Zealand's Bay of Plenty region provide the highest levels of beta-sitosterol in the world for oil extracted from the avocado. Avocados grown elsewhere typically average 750mg per 100g content versus 950mg per 100g content for Bay of Plenty fruit. When comparing these levels against olive oil, long recognized as a superior oil in terms of health, New Zealand grown avocados more than triple the beta-sitosterol levels of the very best olive oils.

Beta-sitosterol has an apparent ability to block the 'bad' LDL cholesterol absorption from the intestine, resulting in lower blood cholesterol levels. In addition, avocado oil is highly recommended for its high level of heart healthy monounsaturated fat, predominantly Oleic Acid, which accounts for more than 70% of each 100g. By using avocado oil on a regular basis in conjunction with a healthy diet, you can help your body to maintain a good cholesterol balance.

thats some interesting info BJ.

i am mainly concerned with the thermic effect of it though. Since it increases the amount of food that must be eaten to gain weight, and i am gaining too much fat, then by simply adding in the mct oil, it would slow down the rate at which i am gaining allow to have closer to 1-to-1 fat-tomuscle gain ratio?

weight, did u use alot of mct oil, or other fats?

I have MCT gold, but have used it yet. Want to ask about this before i added it in.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131