over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

this guy died benchpressing

They sure werent very attentive. I once was flat benching dumbells, think it was only maybe 130 lbs, but I almost never used dumbellls. Well, something happened mid set and my left tricep just totally gave way up toward the top when I was trying to lock out and the dumbell still in my grip came crashing down toward my face. The guy spotting me saw it and directed it off to the side of my head and I was able to toss it then. If it werent for him I probably would have caved my head in.

This happened to me once as well.....also on flat dumbbell press. At the end of my workout, just trying to really put a hurtin' on my chest. Did 2 sets of 12 with hundreds, then on the 3rd set on about the 8th rep, it went up slow....right before lockout my tricep just gave out and my arm folded at the elbow and the dumbbell went crashing down onto my chest....luckily I was only using 100's. My brother was there but not spotting cause the other sets were easy. He grabbed it as it bounced on my chest.....very freak thing really....

Last edited:
This happened to me once as well.....also on flat dumbbell press. At the end of my workout, just trying to really put a hurtin' on my chest. Did 2 sets of 12 with hundreds, then on the 3rd set on about the 8th rep, it went up slow....right before lockout my tricep just gave out and my arm folded at the elbow and the dumbbell went crashing down onto my chest....luckily I was only using 100's. My brother was there but not spotting cause the other sets were easy. He grabbed it as it bounced on my chest.....very freak thing really....

Its really scary because it happens all of the sudden with little warning. glad to hear you were ok. The dumbell I was using was going toward my head! I am really lucky that the guy spotting me was paying close attention.

I think in cases like this there is little that the spotters could have done to prevent serious injury, but perhaps if they had been on it they could have prevented his death. Really hard to say. The guy in the red shirt really seemed to be out to lunch. I would say, unless the guy is a complete moron, that to this day he has nightmares about what happened that day.

I wonder if there is any video while the spotters actually save someone or at least help minimize the damage

Why i bench in my power rack w/ bars set 1" above my chest. Plus i lift by myself in my home gym

You can't "spot" something like that, it's not really the fault of the spotters, there's not enough time to react.

There's a reason they use safety racks in the IPF at least. Same with strap loops on the squat in other feds.

Attachments

• racks_01.jpg
    racks_01.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 350
that was horrible to watch :(

Were there rules against using chalk and gloves?

Could have been easily avoided. Those spotters should be banned from ever spotting again. If they had done their job that wouldn't have happened.

they should be banned from any event .. even just attending.. It's apparent they really had no business being there and didn't know what they were doing. That being said.. This is something that will haunt them for the rest of their lives

:eek: makes you wonder that something like that can happen to you at any given moment.

Sounds brutal, but I can't watch it either.

I use spotter bars in my rack for this very reason.

this is horrible and very unfrtunate
like others have mentioned spottors should always be attending the bar
stupidty causes another death

That is terrible! I think I'll stick to machine bench presses for heavier sets.

I often have to workout without a spotter. So I bench inside a squat cage, with the safety bars set to chest level.

i've seen someone dump his bench weight while the spotter was fucking around on his cel phone.

i have seen that one too many times at the gym.. a spotter gives the lift off, then immediately begins to start texting or fucking off on facebook. lifter gets in trouble and other people have to rush in to help...

God bless that mans soul! That is extremely sad! I hope he made it to heaven, that horrible to watch guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those spotters are horrible...

Ive been using a false grip now for about 20 yrs and never even come close to dropping a bar. I would say though that its not safe doing it on a max attempt like that since you are pushing yourself to the limit with the load. I would never use a false grip on a max attempt.

The false grip is what killed him. The rules should never allow that.

CG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity