over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Family awarded 11 million for mother who died from kratom overdose

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Do you guys think there is any personal responsibility or accountability for those who die from supplement overdoses? I can order powdered caffeine and snort it and die for example but could my family sue the supplement company that sold it to me?
We all know kratom can be dangerous to some who abuse it. I personally took it a few years ago for sleep and sometimes powo. I started getting irregular heart beats so I stopped taking it. Obviously the woman that died had a problem with it RIP but clearly was a sign of misuse and abuse??

My personal opinion is it’s on the end user. You’re taking something knowing full well that anything can happen since your not under a physician’s care.

I find it nuts that drug dealers are being held responsible for people OD’ing… In todays world taking anything recreationally comes with an increased risk. You acknowledge that risk once you make the purchase!

It’s called taking some personal accountability.

I’ve lost 5 friends in the last 3 years from fentanyl so it’s touched my life. But they all made a choice to get high. I imagine they felt pure euphoria when they rode that wave out! Not a bad way to go in my opinion.

Cage

The article is pretty poorly written and only shows one side of the issue.

For an award of that magnitude some form of negligence on behalf of the company had to be shown. Quick cursory search shows the average wrongful death suit has a traditional yield of 500,000-1,000,000.

I of course believe in personal responsibility. By the same token, I also believe in corporate responsibility. One does not remove the other.

When the narcotic drug (kratom) that an entity markets as a "nutrititional," "health" or "sleep" supplement and distributes freely to the world without being subject to drug safety standards is characterized by its reducing (even eliminating) the very capacity for choice, the concept of personal responsibility becomes totally illusory, when one is in the pangs of physical withdrawal and has the availability of a drug that not only relieves that pain but even gives euphoria.

With kratom abuse, Opioid-Related Endocrinopathies with health maladies (impotence, hemorrhoids, constipation, etc.) are common, and they require real treatment for opioid use disorder. I say they are common because I have worked with several bodybuilders that had overlapping syndromes that converged on low free-androgen index & intractable impotence despite TRT or higher doses, and they all had the same thing in common, multiyears dependence on kratom because they were told by "reputable bros" that kratom was not only harmless but beneficial.

Clearly, I am not alone in my view that personal responsibility does not obviate other responsibilities, e.g., those on the marketer & distributor. The United States justice system agrees that this business' conduct went beyond mere sleaze, constituting an actionable wrong (wrongful death) subject to severe penalty ($11,000,000,000 in damages).

I of course believe in personal responsibility. By the same token, I also believe in corporate responsibility. One does not remove the other.

When the narcotic drug (kratom) that an entity markets as a "nutrititional," "health" or "sleep" supplement and distributes freely to the world without being subject to drug safety standards is characterized by its reducing (even eliminating) the very capacity for choice, the concept of personal responsibility becomes totally illusory, when one is in the pangs of physical withdrawal and has the availability of a drug that not only relieves that pain but even gives euphoria.

With kratom abuse, Opioid-Related Endocrinopathies with health maladies (impotence, hemorrhoids, constipation, etc.) are common, and they require real treatment for opioid use disorder. I say they are common because I have worked with several bodybuilders that had overlapping syndromes that converged on low free-androgen index & intractable impotence despite TRT or higher doses, and they all had the same thing in common, multiyears dependence on kratom because they were told by "reputable bros" that kratom was not only harmless but beneficial.

Clearly, I am not alone in my view that personal responsibility does not obviate other responsibilities, e.g., those on the marketer & distributor. The United States justice system agrees that this business' conduct went beyond mere sleaze, constituting an actionable wrong (wrongful death) subject to severe penalty ($11,000,000,000 in damages).
Perhaps more people should learn to read

Do elaborate.
if i see something on a label that i’m not familiar with, i will find out wtf it is before ingesting or using.

just like something with an ingredient labeled F. Rubiaceae

had a guy ask me the other day- ”so peanut butter, that just like pure protein right?” Grown ass man, i know he’s eaten peanut butter before. Sad

if i see something on a label that i’m not familiar with, i will find out wtf it is before ingesting or using.

just like something with an ingredient labeled F. Rubiaceae

had a guy ask me the other day- ”so peanut butter, that just like pure protein right?” Grown ass man, i know he’s eaten peanut butter before. Sad
Yep. People put random ass shit on their bodies because they assume that just because they can buy it over the counter, it’s safe.

From what I can find, the kratom supplier never responded to the suit so the judge issued a final default judgement in favor of the mom's estate. It'll probably be tough to recover the judgement if they can at all.

I’m reminded of my favorite line of yours. “Imagine how dumb the average person is……..”
Yes this looks like shit off the street....who knows what was in it other than super potent Kratom. Classic OD...build up a tolerance and keep taking more and more including higher potency. Space Dust? Reminds me of bath salt faze years ago.
Screenshot_20230731_124441_NYPost.jpg

I would be surprised if there were no other drugs in her system. Often the coroners do not put that on the death certificate to keep the family happy. But when you look at the toxicology there were other drugs present. Over 50,000 people go to an emergency room every year from acetaminophen and hundreds die from it. But in the long run i belive in personal responsibility.I have injected stuff into myself hoping it is fairly safe but would not blame anyone else if it were not.

My personal opinion is it’s on the end user. You’re taking something knowing full well that anything can happen since your not under a physician’s care.

I find it nuts that drug dealers are being held responsible for people OD’ing… In todays world taking anything recreationally comes with an increased risk. You acknowledge that risk once you make the purchase!

It’s called taking some personal accountability.

I’ve lost 5 friends in the last 3 years from fentanyl so it’s touched my life. But they all made a choice to get high. I imagine they felt pure euphoria when they rode that wave out! Not a bad way to go in my opinion.

Cage
Facts. That's why I'm surprised guys aren't fully up on their weights and measurements... in the drugs game, you have to be as familiar as possible with substances, doses, half-lives, all that.

I was in the smoke shop the other day, getting some microdosed THC-D9 lonzenges.
A lady was in there looking for something for her sick husband. The cashier was trying to sell this lady a 100mg per dose bag of gummies.
Each gummy contained D8,D9,D10,HHC,THC-P,THC-0 for a total of 100mg.
I had to interject.. I said, you're going to send that man to the hospital with one of those gummies.
So I showed her a D9 tincture that was 10mg/ml. I said start out at half a ml(dropper), and go from there.
The cashier was freakn clueless.. Just recommending whatever to get people blasted..

The article is pretty poorly written and only shows one side of the issue.

For an award of that magnitude some form of negligence on behalf of the company had to be shown. Quick cursory search shows the average wrongful death suit has a traditional yield of 500,000-1,000,000.
Not really. Lady sets a steaming coffee she ordered from McDonald's drive through, between her crotch and then drives away, it spills and burns her. She got awarded 11 million. There is some real dumbasses when it comes to judges nowadays.

With kratom abuse, Opioid-Related Endocrinopathies with health maladies (impotence, hemorrhoids, constipation, etc.) are common, and they The require real treatment for opioid use disorder. I say they are common because I have worked with several bodybuilders that had overlapping syndromes that converged on low free-androgen index & intractable impotence despite TRT or higher doses, and they all had the same thing in common, multiyears dependence on kratom because they were told by "reputable bros" that kratom was not only harmless but beneficial.

If that was the case, everyone would be suing in USA. The number 1 cause of death under 45 is drug related, half are pharmaceutical.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws