over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on chicken livers?

UTDsoldier

Newbies
Okay I know not many people would be keen on these but I am after the best way to make them tasty!!! There hell cheap to buy and from what I've heard not to bad for you health wise.

I wanna add them to my offseason bulk(lean). So anyone that have tried or regularly eats them chim in please.

Durro

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just fry them up with a little salt & pepper, I grew up we slaughter & dress cow,sheep,pigs,chickens in our backyard we ate everything nothing went to waste( know what I mean)

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Fried is good. Or chicken liver pate is delicious as well

Pumped Up Ya

Banned
Yea... use it for catfish and then fry them up!!:lightbulb:

cardealer

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My wife fries them with sliced onions,delicious

dorian777

Registered
When I was a kid, KFC had fried chicken livers and gizzards. They were good.

ClaytonBigsby

Banned
Good for fishing!

but yeah if you just don't give a fuck about life or your health fry em up...:rolleyes:

poohead

Registered
Honestly, my biggest issue with liver (of any kind) isn't really the taste, but rather the texture. It has this nasty mealy texture (in my opinion)that isn't like meat we're used to (muscle vs organ tissue). You can douse it in hot sauce, smother it in gravy, etc, but it will always have that texture. Some people like liver, I'm just not one of them. Most people will eat them fried (at least you get a bit of crunch), but if I'm going to eat fried food, I'm going to eat something I actually enjoy like chicken, fish, or even alligator. That said, try em if you want. You wont be out much $, and if you hate em I'm sure you can find a cat or raccoon to eat them lmao!!!

Coldblooded

Registered
I know it's bad but a place by me has me fried and they r unreal. Great for a treat once in a while

Durro

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Good for fishing!

but yeah if you just don't give a fuck about life or your health fry em up...:rolleyes:

I don't fry anything I use a nonstick pan you need very little oil or spray I assumed most if not all on these boards eats good,right,healthy,clean,etc. & has a cheat meal or cheat day

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I don't fry anything I use a nonstick pan you need very little oil or spray I assumed most if not all on these boards eats good,right,healthy,clean,etc. & has a cheat meal or cheat day

I would do an egg wash, almond flour and fry it in duck fat before I ever used an aerosol spray and nonstick pan...

UTDsoldier

Newbies
Thanks guys for the quick replies.

Was more thinking along the lines of a pan fried liver in coconut oil to have as a daily/eod kinda meal. I read there high in protein and vitamins, but high in cholesterol would this be no good as a staple of my diet?

Also read some where john meadows mention that a few of the older bodybuilder use to eat liver a lot I could be wrong though.

BizzyB11

Registered
I don't see adverse health effects if eating chicken livers from grain fed chicken vs corn fed. Not to be nit picky but grain fed liver just sounds better for overall health but I can't imagine anybody eating them so regularly it would put a serious dent in their health

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
well livers are just a big filter for straining the impurities out of the blood....so eat up!

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
well livers are just a big filter for straining the impurities out of the blood....so eat up!

That's not an accurate analogy. Filters hold all the crap they remove your liver is more like a chemical processing plant, converting toxins and impurities for excretion.

The health benefits of eating liver are undeniable.

BizzyB11

Registered
True, the liver is a filtration organ but isnt the garbage can of the body. The byproducts are removed like in an organ.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhprince