over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thyroid blood test results on 10IU GH

I've read through tons of posts about GH and thyroid. Most believed it's necessary to take T4 with high dosed HGH while some didn't (type II I believe). So I thought it would be worth to post my bloods here. My results are on 10-12IUs of optis daily. I've never used thyroid meds.

TSH 4.73 mIU/l (0.40-4.00 mIU/l
fT3 4.57 pmol/l (2.40-6.00 pmol/l)
fT4 9.6 pmol/l (9.0-19.0 pmol/l)

Other labs:
Insulin 5.5 mIU/l (2.0-20.0 mIU/l)
Potassium 5.6 mmol/l (3.5-5.1 mmol/l) - shit. I had to hop on ramipril 10mg a month ago to get my bp in order on a higher test cycle (already was on 80mg telmisartan and 10mg nebivolol).

TSH is high meaning there's not enough thyroid hormone. T4 is almost out of the bottom range. It seems like I need to get on some T4 asap? 200mcg? Thoughts? Would doing GH EOD let my thyroid bounce back while I'm waiting for the T4 to arrive?

9.6 pmol is literally 0.74 ng/dL Free T4, that is extremely low and a hypothyroid level of Free T4 (despite the lab range which suggests "normal" like saying 300 ng/dL total T is normal in a 19 year old male). The Free T3 is actually also on the lower end of normal, so your conversion is not keeping up, your TSH is also high, in the "subclinical" hypothyroid range.

Generally, HGH can improve GFR and kidney function, however hypothyroidism lowers glomerular filtration rate and you will see GFR go down. GFR can also be elevated when you carry more muscle than average or eat very high protein/take creatine as you will be producing more "nitrogenous waste", this is one reason we used to have GFR and African GFR (Africans have higher average GFR/muscle mass/etc)

Make sure you are very well hydrated when testing kidney functions, as even slight dehydration can give different results. (clear to pale yellow urine)

and finally, remember that +10 IU GH per day is acromegaly territory and it's extremely unphysiological, so seeing the body systems go haywire is not unexpected at all. The first and most common thing to go is usually the insulin sensitivity. Healthy average Teenager will secrete about 3-5 IU daily (in pulses, not one or two giant shots per day) and you won't see numbers higher than 3 IU per day in a 27 year old either.

Regarding synthyroid/levothyroxine (T4) Most hypo patients need 50-200 mcg daily to attain optimal or true healthy normal levels. Oral bioavailability of oral T4 is about 60-80%, so 100 mcg nets you about 60-80 mcg that makes it to the blood stream. Generally a healthy person will have Free T4 around 1.4-1.6 ng/dL, sometimes lower Free T4 with higher Free T3 to compensate depending on genetics (+3.5 pg/mL T3). Hypo patients tend to have Free T4 below 1.2 ng/dL depending on severity.

This is my favorite website and calculator for converting units for all hormones; IGF, Free T4 and T3, testosterone, estradiol, etc. I recommend anyone seeing this bookmark it if you are into this sort of thing:

The lower doses tend to add on to your current production, but higher doses will shut you down and replace what you make (similar phenomenon i've seen with low dose vs high dose HGH)

@trenned There is no way to know what will happen if you do EOD or stop GH, because we don't know if you were subclinical hypo to begin with, your lowish Free T4 kind of suggests it. It's the kind of thing you might want to give HGH a break and see what happens or you can supplement T4 as @luki7788 mentioned. Low Free T4 is normal when taking high dose HGH, but yours is at the very bottom, grant it, you are on a very high dosage.

I believe this is the full replacement dosage though. I’m not sure he needs to take a full replacement dose.

I know in my case, taking this amount was too much for me.
What happens if you take too much T4?

What happens if you take too much T4?
I had an athlete who was taking a liquid T4, as he was low in blood work from higher GH dose. Switched him to a pharm dose of T4, and it was way to much lol had SEVERE insomnia. After 4 days of stopping it and starting it at a lower dose his sleep returned

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws