over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips on calves??? Much Needed

I agree

did the 4 minute calf routine with awesome pumps and tremendously sore. you have any other 4 minute routines - forearms, abs, etc? I am all in to getting in the gym getting a proper pump and then getting out in 30-45 minutes. Thanks for post!

I gave that DC training method a go, and damn it was brutal! I'm gonna give it a go for a while, so if whatever you try doesnt work out, Ill let you know how this works.

I gave that DC training method a go, and damn it was brutal! I'm gonna give it a go for a while, so if whatever you try doesnt work out, Ill let you know how this works.

Yeah, the DC method is brutal- the 15 sec stretch at bottom is what i think has helped shock my calves some. Even if you do the 75 rep routine posted above, I think folks should try starting the set with reps including the 15 sec stretch, as it really makes a difference over just a "pump".

Just because you're burning up the calves with high volume doesn't mean they will grow. For me that just means I can walk further without tiring. I need more weight! I calf press with the full stack 300lbs, 2 seconds up, 6 seconds down. Nice and slow. I do 4 sets of 12. When I leg press I also do some calf pressing at the start of my sets.

Why do people train their calves and abs like they are some foreign body part that doesn't respond the same as every other muscle in the body?

Hey gang,
I am somewhat new to the board, and here to gain all of the knowledge I can. I consider myself pretty intense, and set on my goals. If anyone knows the typical college"wrestler's" build, I have it. Wide back, big quads/thighs, and lean as it gets when cutting. It used to be my biceps lagging, but now all of that is in proportion, and I look pretty good. In the last 6 months, since my college career is done, I have been blasting the weights. Here is my problem: The calves aren't growing with the rest. Leg day is by far my favorite day, and my calves normally consist of 3 of the 4.Seated, leg press, standing, and stiff legged deadlifts. I train these really hard, with nothing rewarding coming of it. Any ways to mix it up? Or different excercises in general? Is this typically a problem area?

Ever see a track athlete's calves? I too had lacking calves, here is what I did: I ran intervals, sprints, hills. Since calves are a fast twitch muscle, I would incorporate more reps, do a full range of motion, and do different exercises every 8-12 weeks. Be consistant and they will grow.

Another variation that you might want to try along with the higher rep superset and shock routines is going really low reps for multiple sets. Like in the range of 4-7 reps and upwards of 10-15 sets. Sounds a little different, but any variation is good variation when it comes to training stubborn parts.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws