advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TO THOSE ON DR. PRESCRIBED HRT- Possible trouble brewing for you come June 8, 2010??

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just got a letter today from my mail order prescription company Medco reguarding my prescription for my test cyp 200 mg/ml injectable. Here is what the letter says:

"Beginning June 8, 2010, Medco must review prescriptions for these medications with your doctor before they can be filled under your plan, since more information than what is on a prescription is needed. The review uses plan rules based on FDA- approved prescribing and safety information, clinical guidelines, and uses that are considered reasonable, safe, and effective."

Sounds like the FDA has passed some new laws that will effect HRT. I am willing to bet that those of you that are receiving doses that put you into a supraphysiological state are going to experience some problems. That is my guess. Exactly what this means for us, we will have to wait and see. Hopefully it will not effect me since im only taking 120 mg/wk.

I may give them a call here later today and see what I can get out of them as far as what this review is all about.

It looks like from what I can tell that this is probably just my pharmacy changing their rules, and not some kind of new law. I called them and the guy on the phone knew as much as me and that is it. I do see though where at the end of my letter it states that if the review with the doctor is not done then I have to pay the full cost of the drug and get no benefit. So it looks like I could still get the script, just not get it paid for. This should not be any problem for me hopefully.

Yeah, I just saw a national commercial for something called "Low T", HRT is going to be on the rise.

Well, it just sounds like the pharmacies/drug plans are getting more picky about what they will cover and what they will not. I used to be able to get my prescription without being hastled like this. Now for me there is another layer of bullshit I have to go through. I feel sorry for the docs that have to screw with this.

Maldorf -

I have Medco as well, My Dr. is starting to hate them, he said he now has to speak directly with the pharmacist in order to get my test prescription processed, it hasn't been a problem b/c my test results are barely in the upper third of the ref range, but it's time consuming and annoying for him that he can't just fax the prescription anymore. Seems like they are cracking down to make sure it's legit.

On another note, Medco has sent me Paddock test for the last year and a half and my most recent order they changed the brand to "Sandoz". Have they changed your brand or anything else?

Yeah Medco sucks, I switched now since I don't have Blue Cross anymore. Maybe you could just go to the pharmacy instead of mail order?

Listen to this one guys.My insurance(Cigna) will cover $600.00 a month Testim gel but wont cover $51.00 a month Test Cyp!! But Walgreen has a card you can buy for $20.00 for a year and it makes Sandoz brand as Kevin666 mentioned above $17.00 dollars a month for test Cyp.

I heard they want to pass a law where your class 3 prescriptions like test cyp must be received through your doc.So the Doc would have to submit the prescription and receive it and you would have to get it from him directly.:mad:

Listen to this one guys.My insurance(Cigna) will cover $600.00 a month Testim gel but wont cover $51.00 a month Test Cyp!! But Walgreen has a card you can buy for $20.00 for a year and it makes Sandoz brand as Kevin666 mentioned above $17.00 dollars a month for test Cyp.

I heard they want to pass a law where your class 3 prescriptions like test cyp must be received through your doc.So the Doc would have to submit the prescription and receive it and you would have to get it from him directly.:mad:

Thanks K1D - that's good to know about the Walgreen's plan.

I have no health benifits, Im in Canada and I pay $40 for a 10ml vial of cyp@ 100mgs/ml or 5ml vial of enth @200mg/ml for the same price, docs put me on 400mgs/week:D, I love it...its like a cycle hahaha, when I was covered I payed 5 bucks each, to bad my benefits ran out though:(

I think it will be more difficult for newer HRT patients and if you have a real medical need for the stuff and your doc followed proper protocol you probably shouldn't worry.

It looks like from what I can tell that this is probably just my pharmacy changing their rules, and not some kind of new law. I called them and the guy on the phone knew as much as me and that is it. I do see though where at the end of my letter it states that if the review with the doctor is not done then I have to pay the full cost of the drug and get no benefit. So it looks like I could still get the script, just not get it paid for. This should not be any problem for me hopefully.

I use PrecisionRx.com - No mention as of yet. I was using CVS and my Ins made me switch to Precision as it was cheaper for them.

I can not get my script refilled unless the Doc calls.

However, they were dumb enough not to read the Docs notes and instead of 1 bottle of Cyp prescribed every 2 mo they ship me 1 every month so they keep stacking in my closet...lol

I was getting Sandoz with CVS now getting Watson.

Last edited:
Maldorf -

I have Medco as well, My Dr. is starting to hate them, he said he now has to speak directly with the pharmacist in order to get my test prescription processed, it hasn't been a problem b/c my test results are barely in the upper third of the ref range, but it's time consuming and annoying for him that he can't just fax the prescription anymore. Seems like they are cracking down to make sure it's legit.

On another note, Medco has sent me Paddock test for the last year and a half and my most recent order they changed the brand to "Sandoz". Have they changed your brand or anything else?

Yeah, I feel sorry for the docs. My total test was like 75, so they cant screw with me and I should have no problems but its going to be a pain in the ass. Maybe I will have to start getting my test at a local walk in pharmacy like Walgreens. Ill have to compare prices,but im pretty sure it will cost me more.

I used to get the Sandoz and its great. They changed mine to something else, i cant remember the name. The new stuff comes in tiny little 1cc amps. It seems to be just as good so changing the brand doesnt bother me. The 1cc amps are nice, just bulky having so many.

Yeah Medco sucks, I switched now since I don't have Blue Cross anymore. Maybe you could just go to the pharmacy instead of mail order?

May just look into that, but cost will probably determine what I do.

Not news I wanted to hear. Hell, do they even treat diladid and oxycodone this way?

Thanks K1D - that's good to know about the Walgreen's plan.

Yeah, thanks so much for that info. I may just do that. Right now Im paying about $40for 3 months worth and the pins are free.

I think it will be more difficult for newer HRT patients and if you have a real medical need for the stuff and your doc followed proper protocol you probably shouldn't worry.

My thoughts too. How could they argue against someone with a total test of 75 ng/dl getting TRT?

I have never had any hassles my doc scripts or my Pharmacy,
except for a few days ago, which had nothing to do with any
new guidelines. Lets hope this does not change.

But it may as I'm going with a new pharmacy, my medial insurance
is the best, my co-pay for Test is 5$, syringes and needles about
the same.

Here is my story for what it is worth . . .

I fill my scripts (Test, syringes, needles) on-line, they call it a web
refill. I usually do it a week or so before I'm about to run out
because the Test is not stocked at my pharmacy and must be
ordered from the distributor or factory. Last week I renewed my
prescription on-line, gave them 4 days to fill it (they always have,
and on time). I show up at the counter to pick it up and the gal
behind the counter says they are out and they don't know when
they will getting it in. Well, . . . instant hot flash on my part.
So I politely ask to speak with the pharmacist and I say in so many
words . . .

"How can they be out? Try another supplier. This is a fairly generic
product. Somebody has some somewhere, surely"

He says "Nobody has any, anywhere. There seems to be huge
shortage right now, all the manufacturers are out and we don't
know when we will be getting any in . . . do you need a shot now?"

I say . . . "Well, I'm due this weekend but I'll be just about out after
that. It's not like I'm going to die or anything, I'll survive, but it's
strange you can't find any. What would you suggest I do?"

He says, "Call around to the pharmacies in town. You may find some,
you may not. If you do find some, have them call us and we will
transfer your prescription."

When I get home, I get on the phone and start dialing. First pharmacy
I call (a large, well established chain in the town where I live), I give
them my story and he tells me they are all out. Some guy he says
just came in and bought them out, four vials. The factories are all out,
nobody has any and we don't know when we will. Try another of our stores.

Not what I wanted to hear.

I call the stores other location in a town close by and again tell them
my sob story. He says they have some and we will transfer my
prescription, no problem and I stop by the following day and pick it
up.

Today, after giving blood, I stopped by the first pharmacy I called and
asked them to permanently transfer the other two prescription over to
this store. I figure they have two things going for them that my
pharmacy doesn't . . . that keep a stock of it on hand, and if one
store is out, they can get if from another.

But . . . as Maldorf writes, there may be a new "review process" afoot
and I may just have stepped in it unknowingly, whereas I may have
side stepped it if I had stayed where I was, the old saying, the devil
you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Time will tell. Not worth worrying about something that may or may not
happen until it does.

Question . . . does anybody know if there is a shortage of this product
out there? Seems odd to me, but what do I know.

my doctor doesn't speak english.

My prescription plan did a similar thing on 1/1/2010. The insurance company now requires all anabolic steroids, gh, and some other class of drug (I can't remember) to be preauthorized. The doctor must call the insurance company and state why you need the script in order for it to be covered (and there is no grandfather clause)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear