over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top 3 Supplements for Life/Health

Only one person has said baby aspirin?!?!

I dont even think I should feel the need to respond to this, but I will anyway. This is not the kitchen sink approach that I promote, but the specific attention to detail towards health and performance enhancement you cannot get through food because you cannot consume enough of the right kinds. Go find outfor me if you are deficient in ubiquinol or astaxanthin...
Vitamin d3 is a perforance enhancer and health supplement that almost no one gets enough of unless theyre supplementing it. Cannot get enough from diet..
3+grams of epa and dha.....try eating enough fish to meet that.

Tocotrienols (with gamma tocopherol as well if you can find it) is proven to clear plaque from arteries. Why would you not supplement with something like that unless you consume red palm oil daily? Most vitamin e on the market and in multis is alpha-tocopherol which isnt very impressive at all and actually detracts from tocotrienol and gamma tocopherols advantageous characteristics. This is one of the reasons I dont currently take a multi and just handle it myself.

Personally, I think that an amazing vitamin E supplement is Jarrow Formulas FamilE. It has a very low amount of alpha tocopherol, a generous amount of tocotrienols, and a hefty dose of gamma-tocopherol. The guys in r&d were really thinking and really know their stuff.

relax man, im entitled to my opinion. fair enough, you win :rolleyes:

Those who take d3, how much and how often you take

Two 5,000iu softgels daily usually taken am and pm. Sometimes, in the summers in Florida, if I am out in the Sun a lot...then only 5000iu.

Personally Id go with at least 100mg ubiquinol and possibly 200. CoQ10 I wouldnt do at all unless I was 18-25 and lets be honest..most kids do not care at that age. Im very surprised so many people still take coQ10 when Ubiquinol is clearly the better and smarter choice.
Astaxanthin is recommended at 4mg a day with my other anti-oxidants(since I use a lot of them) but I opted to go with 12mg. After researching astaxanthin, Id rather take 12-20mg of it and less of other anti oxidants.

A study in 2007 demonstrated astaxanthin was 6000 times stronger than vitamin C, 800 times stronger than coq10, 550 times stronger than vitamin E and 75 times stronger than alpha lipoic acid.
It can cross the blood/brain barrier and NEVER turns into a pro oxidant.
Also, while vitamin c and e can only handle one free radical at a time, astaxanthin can handle between 30 and 90. There are numerous other benefits.
Ubiquinol and astaxanthin are both fat soluble. Make sure you get kaneka sourced ubiquinol and astaxanthin from algae (like Bioastin).

thanx, i only take antioxidants that are hard to obtain through food so astaxanthin would be a good choice especially since im allergic to shellfish. i bought coq10 instead of Ubiquinol just cause its much cheaper but if it doesnt work then whats the point.

I dont even think I should feel the need to respond to this, but I will anyway. This is not the kitchen sink approach that I promote, but the specific attention to detail towards health and performance enhancement you cannot get through food because you cannot consume enough of the right kinds. Go find outfor me if you are deficient in ubiquinol or astaxanthin ...
Vitamin d3 is a perforance enhancer and health supplement that almost no one gets enough of unless theyre supplementing it. Cannot get enough from diet..
3+grams of epa and dha.....try eating enough fish to meet that.

Tocotrienols (with gamma tocopherol as well if you can find it) is proven to clear plaque from arteries. Why would you not supplement with something like that unless you consume red palm oil daily? Most vitamin e on the market and in multis is alpha-tocopherol which isnt very impressive at all and actually detracts from tocotrienol and gamma tocopherols advantageous characteristics. This is one of the reasons I dont currently take a multi and just handle it myself.

Personally, I think that an amazing vitamin E supplement is Jarrow Formulas FamilE. It has a very low amount of alpha tocopherol, a generous amount of tocotrienols, and a hefty dose of gamma-tocopherol. The guys in r&d were really thinking and really know their stuff.

Good post Knight. Although you can check to see if you are Coenzyme Q10 deficient. Not so much astaxanthin.

I feel that a lot of people arent clear on how important some things are compared to others. Vitamin C is important, but if its in your top3 I honestly think you are unaware. Same as people just generally saying "multi vitamin". Ok...if thats the ONLY thing you take...but if it is, you're just doing the basics. Nothing wrong with that but in my opinion that is not performance enhancement and or life extending. I once asked Alpha6164 wha he meant by "make sure you take the proper anti-oxidants."
He told me coq and astaxanthin. Thats all I needed to hear from a dr/hrt expert to implement them.
Astaxanthin is a freaking superstar.
Coq10 should be taken as Ubiquinol if youre over 30...and is much more efficient in that form.
Most Vitamin E is alpha tocopherol....which is garbage compared to gamma tocopherol and tocotrienols.

D3 and Omegas from Fish Oil should be in everyone's top 3.
You really need a top 5 like I listed in my first post.

Ala and NAC deserve honorable mentions as well as C but are not top 3s compared to the powerhouses Ive mentioned.

Hmm, at the same time though, this really depends on the person D3 and Fish Oil like you mentioned can be pretty overrated, especially the fish oil if you eat fatty fish fairly often. For a REALLY good read on top supplements or why I feel the d3 and fish oil is overrated , this is a good link CasePerformance: Interview with the Expert: Adel Moussa - Part II

Wow this is getting interesting. I never really gave CoQ10 that much thought for general health. I agree that ALA or R-ala should be borderline top 3 as a great antioxidant. I wanted to see what the consensus was on things that you would recommend to your father/brother/neighbor/coworker that isn't so much into the bodybuilding lifestyle.

This is a great thread, let's keep this going

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Im curious on thoughts on D3, why does everyone recommend this? Are you getting blood levels checked to make sure taking the right amount? If you take to much D3 it can increase your calcium levels which in itself it not always good either due to calcium toxicity. And from what I have seen in other threads most are taking 2000ius or more. Also keep in mind since there has been a ton of threads on Kidney concerns to much calcium build up can cause undo stress on the kidneys as well.

I would personally be careful when using D3

My top 5

and keep in mind I do have CKD

Humapro
Probiotic (I use Renadyl for Kidneys)
TUDCA
NAC
Fish Oil

Omega-3
Ubiquinol
Whey Isolate

That is all I take.

My top 5

and keep in mind I do have CKD

Humapro
Probiotic (I use Renadyl for Kidneys)
TUDCA
NAC
Fish Oil

Renadryl sure looks interesting, first I have heard of that product, this could be helpful to bodybuilders while dieting to easy kidney stress.

I have a friend who took it and I was able to see his blood work before and after and the results were pretty amazing considering he was in stage 5. They truly helped him reduce the stress on the kidneys, his doctor is who recommended this product.

I mentioned it to emeric in the thread called PROBIOTIC. I just order my three bottles today

relax man, im entitled to my opinion. fair enough, you win :rolleyes:

My goodness you sure cry a lot around here. Grow a pair already.

I've gone with taking a shit load of supplements before but have summed it up to a top 5 (sorry, not 3 as I find all these of equal importance) for everyday overall health.

Ubiquinal
High Quality Fish Oil
Humanofort
ON's Men's Multi
Tudca

Whey would be in here too but I consider that food.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Fish oIl is number one
Maybe vitamin D,A,K,E
Maybe now NAC with selenium
And Tudca sounds good although I never tried it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws