over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trace Amount Of Protein In Urine!?

SiNiSt3R1

Registered
I recently had some bloodwork done and my total cholesterol was

220 mg/dl (Should be over 100 but less then 130)
*I Need To Clean The Diet Up Alot*

My Blood count was normal with the exception of the leukocyte count which was slightly decreased.

My Electrolytes, Blood Suger, Thyroid and Kidney Function Was Normal.

Urin Test Was Abnormal with trace amount of protein in the urine.

Liver Test Was Abnormal Range is 50-55 mine was 56.

My Blood Pressure was also 134/84

I am 5'11 235lbs 32yrs old.

Currently On 300mg of EQ 2 times a week and 100mg Tren Ace EOD
And 25mg Aromasin eod.

Any thoughts?

most likely you are eating too much protein, or you aren't splitting it up.

it's an indicator of kidney problems, but yours came back good, so its just your body not being able to use all the protein, so it's letting it out in your urine.

it's an indicator of kidney problems, but yours came back good, so its just your body not being able to use all the protein, so it's letting it out in your urine.

Well thats good news.

I hope you are not offended by this but please do not give medical advice when you are not in a position to do so. Protinuria is not an indication of eating too much protein. The kidney filters all proteins from the blood and the molecules are large enough that they do not and should not pass the filter. This filter is called the glomeruli. Whether you are eating 100gr or 250gr of protein the filter does its job. However, if you have glomerular damage then the filter is compromised and the proteins will leak in to the urinary collecting system.

Glomerular damage can be caused by many different causes such as long standing hypertension, diabetes, toxic substances in the body, different autoimmune disorders such as lupus etc. Your doc needs to do a 24-hr urine test to further look into this and figure out total amount of protein you are excreting to figure out what to do next. Good luck.

Good post Alpha...

Sinister...go to your doc like Alpha mentioned in find out what is really causing the issue. If it's nothing...cool...if it's something, at least you'll know what you're really dealing with and the good doc will assist in a remedy.

Take care my man...and share what you find out!

I hope you are not offended by this but please do not give medical advice when you are not in a position to do so. Protinuria is not an indication of eating too much protein. The kidney filters all proteins from the blood and the molecules are large enough that they do not and should not pass the filter. This filter is called the glomeruli. Whether you are eating 100gr or 250gr of protein the filter does its job. However, if you have glomerular damage then the filter is compromised and the proteins will leak in to the urinary collecting system.

Glomerular damage can be caused by many different causes such as long standing hypertension, diabetes, toxic substances in the body, different autoimmune disorders such as lupus etc. Your doc needs to do a 24-hr urine test to further look into this and figure out total amount of protein you are excreting to figure out what to do next. Good luck.

My doc tends to think its because my elevated blood pressure. She says this can cause some protein to be excreted in the urine. Is this true and if not you are saying to do a 24 fast and then a urine test or?

My doc tends to think its because my elevated blood pressure. She says this can cause some protein to be excreted in the urine. Is this true and if not you are saying to do a 24 fast and then a urine test or?

Your doc is half right lol if that makes any sense. Can high blood pressure cause proteinuria? Absolutely. Do you sit back do nothing about it? Hell no. If a physician says that it is due to HTN, they are admitting beginning of glomerular damage. At the least i would ask for a 24hr protein collection. They will give you a jug and you start the test a day when you will be home all day (weekend). You void the first piss of the morning when you wake up. Every time after that you urinate you go in the jug. If you get up in the middle of the night it also goes in to the jug. When you wake up the next morning, the piss also goes into the jug and you are done. This will give a very clear picture of total amount of protein secreted in a 24hr period and can show your complete kidney function including GFR (glomerular filtrate rate) and complete clearance.

Thanks Alpha, very informative. I will def contact the Dr. and let her know of my concerns. If I do have some damage is it reversable or could it be treated?

Thanks Alpha, very informative. I will def contact the Dr. and let her know of my concerns. If I do have some damage is it reversable or could it be treated?

Most damages are not reversible. However, the good news is that the human body takes a lot of abuse before it really tells you to go fuck yourself :) If you you light proteinuria, you can be put on medications and will live happily ever after and most likely will die from something else besides the kidney. The major issue is that if you really do have a decrease in your GFR then you can forget about using gear in the future. Remember health comes first. TRT doses are usually fine,but more than that and with an already damaged kidney will accelerate the issue.

yeah this is something i wasnt familiar with until very recently and ive been gearing up off and on for 10years. seems like your gfr is a bodybuilders expiration date. starts at 120 and declines gradually with age, stress and habits. i got my first bloodwork done about two months ago to see where my kidneys were. said my creatinine levels were elevated and my bun was high. my gfr was list at 72. i was dehydrated, trained the day before and ate nothing but protien all day before not knowing all three things would adversely effect the test results so now i dont know where my gfr is but i guess it cant be too much worse than 72 and that aint too bad i guess. but now after i do this competition im gonna do the 24hr pee test to make sure. i doubt it will be too bad or enought so to make me stop what im doing but if it is kinda low theres methods one can put in place to slow the rate of degeneration. ie lots of water, low salt, normal bp, easy on caffiene, and protien in as much moderation as possible. think ill take this lifestyle on regardless. i plan on smashin things up at least another 10 years

Most damages are not reversible. However, the good news is that the human body takes a lot of abuse before it really tells you to go fuck yourself :) If you you light proteinuria, you can be put on medications and will live happily ever after and most likely will die from something else besides the kidney. The major issue is that if you really do have a decrease in your GFR then you can forget about using gear in the future. Remember health comes first. TRT doses are usually fine,but more than that and with an already damaged kidney will accelerate the issue.

Proteinuria in athletes is actually common and is not necessarily symptomatic of glomerular damage. Although I agree a 24 hour urine collection is a safe approach.

hey bro what if someone has elevated creatinine but their urine tests always come back fine? why is a blood test indicating kidney damage but the urine is looking fine,,,,in a case like this.

so when i had my kidneys checked.. 24 hrs urine test, nuclear test.. blah blah.. the doc told me to stop eating alot of protein? if it doesnt matter why would a doctor say that? and that was the only medical advice i was given at the time.. no meds.. no other suggestions or modifications.. just stop eating too much protein.

so when i had my kidneys checked.. 24 hrs urine test, nuclear test.. blah blah.. the doc told me to stop eating alot of protein? if it doesnt matter why would a doctor say that? and that was the only medical advice i was given at the time.. no meds.. no other suggestions or modifications.. just stop eating too much protein.

For several reasons. Not knowing your background, hard to know what was going on and why your doctor ordered all those tests. If they did find a reduced GFR then, it is recommended not take high amounts of protein. Think of it this way, if you have a tiny hole in any filter and you continue to pound it with particles then the hole may get bigger causing more damage. Also no one ever said that having extremely high levels of protein day in and day out indefinitely is good for the kidneys. Phil Hernon mentioned in the other thread and listed several pro guys that are either on dialysis or on their way there. What that level is no one knows. No one is going to do a long term 20yr study to see if 400 vs 500gr of protein daily is safe. Just not gonna happen. But the bottom line is that it is such an unusually large load to put on the kidney that it cant be good. Think of a nice sport car. It may have a 8000rpm. You can rev it to 8000rpm and hold it there and shift to the next gear and drop the it to 4-6k and drive the hell out of that car and it may last you a 100k miles. But just because it can handle 8000rpm does not mean you can take it to 8000rpm and hold it there indefinitely. How long do you think that engine can last at 8000rpm?

The reason i disagreed with the initial reply was that it came across as "you have protein in your urine because you are consuming large protein and it is just fine." I wanted to make sure that OP gets a proper work up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131