Abductor:
145x15
160x15
175x15

Adductor:
145x20
160x20
175x20

Overall a great workout, hunger is definitely picking up now that the diet has been consistently clean. Strength and pump are still top notch for me. No cardio was done after the session but will be done tomorrow.

Back/Shoulders hypertrophy:

Bent over rows
185x3
205x4
225x4
245x4
255x3
255x3

Overhand low rows
190x12
200x10
210x10

Pullups
BWx12
BWx12
BWx10

Shrugs
110x15
120x13
130x12

Close Grip pulldowns ( This attachment really hurt my hands, so i had to go lighter)
130x15
130x13

DB Press
75x10
75x8
40x10 ( Standing Arnold press)

Db side laterals
25x12
25x12
15x14

Cable Laterals
20x10
20x10

Rear Delts
20x15
25x10

Decent workout, pump and strenght werent the best on most movements, but hey you win some and you lose some. Still sleeping and feeling good.

Legs Hypertrophy

Squats
135x8
185x8
205x8
225x10
275x5
335x4

Lunges
25x10
25x8

Hex Deads:
180x10
230x8
230x7

Leg Extensions
120x15
120x15

Calf Raises
110x15
110x13

Abductor
100x15
110x16

Adductor
100x15
110x14

Really good workout but my legs are fried and i was pouring sweat. Pump wasnt really there, but blood flow was huge if that makes sense. Hard to explain.

Shoulders/Traps/tris

Hammer strength shoulder press
200x15
220x11
220x10

Seated Laterals:
20x12
30x10

One arm cable laterals:
20x20
35x10

DB Shrugs:
115x12
130x12

Tricep Pushdowns:
140x15
160x12
170x10

CG Bench:
185x10
185x8

Overall a decent workout, strength is fluctuating on some things but i know its due to diet as some days i eat far more cals then other days. My nutritionist changed my routine and changed up the diet a bit. He took out the first meal of carbs which honestly to me is no big deal. The less carbs i have the better i seem to feel. The only downside is i seem to cramp easier, but i just take my magnesium, salt and b vits and im good to go

Tomorrow will be Leg and shoulder volume.

Ill have an update later on my workouts these passed couple days.

I bought a cheap foam roller at wally world and did some work on my legs and arms and back and oh my god, the pain!

Leg and shoulder volume

Leg press:
380x12
470x8
470x7

Hammer strength shoulder press:
140x15
180x12
200x10
210x8
230x6

SLDL:
225x12
245x8
245x6

Lateral raises:
20x12
25x10
25x8

Single Leg Curl:
30x12
40x12
20x12

Db Shrugs:
115x12
120x12
125x10

So pretty decent workout, nothing to write home about. Pump has been mediocre at best lately and same with strength. I would have updated this yesterday but i was so tired once the wife and I got back from a christmas dinner that i literaly got home and passed out. I have not been feeling the best, which is why i think the pumps and strength is lacking

Chest/Bis

Incline BB:
135x12
185x8
205x8

HS seated Bench:
110x12
180x10

Incline DB Flyes:
30x12
35x10

Cable Crossover:
50x12

Incline DB Curls:
30x10
30x8

Preacher Curl Machine:
70x10
70x7

Cable Curl:
140x12
160x8

Really a pretty crappy workout. Strength was way down for chest tonight on the pressing movements so i was pretty dissapointed. Lack of sleep and being sick i guess will do that, but i dont have the flu and i dont have a fever so i refuse to miss the gym!

So like i said earlier i started foam rolling yesterday prior to passing out for about 10 minutes, omg what pain. But i will stick with it, i did notice i was not sore yesterday for legs, woke up this morning to some slight DOMS, so who knows. lol

I definitely agree 120gms of carbs is pretty low, but for somebody like me i consider that high as crazy as it may sound. My body is so damn sensitive to insulin that i hold water like crazy and get puffy if i even teeter on the line of to many carbs, i then in turn get extremely hungry from the sway in insulin and feel miserable, my joints hurt and i just dont feel good at all.

Hey 3clipse, what kind of carbs do you normally eat that make you feel this way? Are you mainly eating starchy carbs when you feel like this? I know I feel like that when I eat starchy carbs, but feel much better when eating a lot of green veggies and fruits. Something to think about. I didn't like carbs until I started working with Phil, now I eat more carbs than any other time in my life, and don't have the bloated/puffy feeling

Hey 3clipse, what kind of carbs do you normally eat that make you feel this way? Are you mainly eating starchy carbs when you feel like this? I know I feel like that when I eat starchy carbs, but feel much better when eating a lot of green veggies and fruits. Something to think about. I didn't like carbs until I started working with Phil, now I eat more carbs than any other time in my life, and don't have the bloated/puffy feeling

I typicaly will eat oatmeal or fruits or ezekiel bread, and as long as i dont go to high on the carbs im good. Surprisingly though i enjoy the low carb side of the house, the only thing i dont care for is the cramps.

Like i said though i am very very very sensitive to carbs, and not just the crappy kind, every kind. My wife never beleived how sensitive i was until we got married and lived togethor and she saw.

Don't Stop

Don't stop using the foam roller. You will like the results and
the faster recovery time.
Do it daily until you can do it pain free, especially on those IT
bands. It should only take a week of consistent rolling and you can
do it pain free. You will always have some hot spots. When you
roll onto one, stay on it until you feel it give way. Use short tiny rolls
on these hot spots. If possible roll immediately after legs and then again
a few hours later.

Trust me on this one :yeahthat:

Mack

Stupid question...maybe, but I'll ask anyway...

Is there a site to go to for instructions on how to use a roller? I'm very interested in this method of recovery etc.

Thanks for any help!

Hey Ironraider

That's by no means a stupid question and I'll be happy to help.
First off, I would imagine that very, very few bodybuilders use it or know anything about it. I learned of it's value several years ago while attending a PT seminar which delt with injury prevention and recuperation.

For me personally, it has worked wonders. I tend to use it strictly on my quads and IT band, and use it almost daily. I could do the sickest quad routine, one that would leave me sore for several days. By using the roller, I can reduce that to "a little soreness for maybe a day". What you are doing is called myofascial release, a very deep form of massage, all the way down to the muscle fasia. Go to fitnesswholesale.com and order a 3' x 6" diameter
single roller. They also carry a double and a triple roller, I just ordered a triple roller, but will base my comments on the single roller use. I think a single roller is like $30 and will never wear out. It is made of a very firm foam rubber material.

The concept is like any other deep tissue work. It stimulates blood flow and circulation, removes excess lactic acid, speeds up recovery and bottom line
increase the volume of the muscle. I notice more thigh sweep and separation
even during an off season mode.

So here's the deal. First off, it is very painful at first. It feels similar to someone jamming a screw driver into your quads. What you are doing is breaking down all those adhesions which have been building up over the years. The key is consistancy, everyday for as long as you can tolerate the pain. The reason it's so painful is because you're using your entire bodyweight to do the work. No massage therapist would have the strength to do this.

So lay it on the floor, preferably tile or hardwood, carpet has a little more cushion to it, so actually that may be a good place to start. Give your self plenty of room. You willl be lying face down on your stomach. Lift your torso so you can fit the roller under both quads, at the very top of your quads. At first let your feet drag along the ground, this will lession the pressure to some degree. Using your upper body, pull yourself up the roller so it's rolling under your quads. You will know what I'm talking about pain wise. Roll very slowly covering the area from the top of the quad to your teardrop.

Your upper body should always stay paralell to the floor. Next turn on your side and do the same on each IT band. When you're ready, the next progression will be to do all movements with your feet off the ground, then roll on each quad separetely and always do the IT band. Feet off the ground equals more pressure on those areas.

This is a gradual process because everyone has a different pain threshold.
The key is to do it every day until you can roll pain free. This usually takes 1-2 weeks. I do it daily because it feels so good. You will always roll onto some hot spots. When you hit one, stay on it using tiny short rolls. You can actually feel that adhesion give way. I actually do it immediately after I do quads and then again a few hours later.

For the smaller bodyparts (bi's, forearms, delts) I use something called an Astym tool. I will tell you about that after you get efficeint with the roller.

This is something that you will notice improvement not just in function but also in appearance. It really works well. Give it a shot.

Shout out if you need any more help

Peace,

Mack

Mack...this is GREAT information, and I do have more questions that I might have to take to pm, or if you could start a new thread. My questions would have to do with the quad expressions...and making sure I've got it right in my minds eye...and also in regard to using a roller for back etc.

Thank you so much my friend!

Mack...this is GREAT information, and I do have more questions that I might have to take to pm, or if you could start a new thread. My questions would have to do with the quad expressions...and making sure I've got it right in my minds eye...and also in regard to using a roller for back etc.

Thank you so much my friend!

Hey brother feel free to ask them in here as im sure your questions and Macks answers would help and benefit all of us.

Happy holidays as well everyone!

Finally back from vacation where i was visiting family for the holidays. So its back on the diet today and back in the gym, i cant wait!

Its also the wife and I's 1 year anniversary and we will be spending it togethor in the gym! :headbang:

I will also be taking pictures tonight to add to my log and progress. Its time to get lean for the summer.

Thanks man its much appreciated. Its crazy how fast time has flown and i truly am lucky and blessed to have such an amazing woman in my corner!

Murdered legs tonight! The pump was pretty damn good which is hard for me when it comes to legs so i was diggin it. Diet has also been perfect today so im on the road to shredville and im not stopping until i get there!

I will hopefully be putting up some pictures lately when my wife gets around to it.

Heres the workout though

Quads/Hams/Calves

Leg extensions:
120x15
120x15
140x12

Squats:
135x15
185x12
225x10
275x8
325x4

Hack squats:
180x12
220x12

This was done on a machine thats different then the usual one i use and as you can see, much much easier.

Lying leg curls:
100x12
120x10

Ham curl:
100x10

Standing calf raises:
120x12
120x12

Seated calf raises:
135x10

Abductor:
110x12
120x12
130x12

Adductor:
110x12
120x12
130x12

So overall a good day, and was happy to be back in the gym and on the grind.

I foam rolled and stretched prior to the workout and ill foam roll and stretch here in a little while.

Tomorrow will be shoulders/traps/tris/abs

Last edited:
Shoulders/traps/tris/abs

Military shoulder press:
130x15
150x12
185x8

Seated Laterals:
20x15
30x10

One arm cable laterals:
20x20
35x12

DB Shrugs:
115x12
130x12

Tricep pushdowns:
140x15
160x12
170x10

CG Bench:
185x12
205x8

Rope ab curls:
120x15
130x12
140x10

So overall a pretty decent workout, got in and did 30 minutes of cardio after the workout as well. Diets been on point today and tomorrow will be Leg and shoulder volume!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear