over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training and diet

Ds3317

Banned
Everybody knows the drugs work but holy shit it seems like that’s the majority of what people want to know about.
So let’s talk about what actually matters. What is your favorite diet and training routines or philosophies?
Who in the sport ( coach, bb, etc.) had the biggest impact on you?
In no particular order
Scott Stevenson
John Meadows
Dante Trudel
Skip Hill
Phil Hernon
Dorian Yates
Big A
Chris Aceto

As far as diet goes I was always carbphobic until recently when I decided to give high carb low fat a try after reading some of the diets of guys from the 90s. Low and behold I’m not insulin resistant at all lol. I was just being ocd and afraid to try something and experiment.

For training I like low volume higher intensity. Everytime I try 5+ days or moderate to high volume it destroys me and I get small injuries while regressing.

Jordan Peeters, dante and lately Scott Stevenson. Really enjoying fortitude training! HIT training combined with a little more volume and higher frequency than most HIT programs.

Enjoyed DC too but didn’t gave it a fair shot tbh, 6 weeks was way too short.

Jordan Peeters, dante and lately Scott Stevenson. Really enjoying fortitude training! HIT training combined with a little more volume and higher frequency than most HIT programs.

Enjoyed DC too but didn’t gave it a fair shot tbh, 6 weeks was way too short.

I have fortitude training haven’t had a chance to try it yet because I want to make sure I do it right so I keep reading over and over.
Huge DC fan too. After I started reading everything I could about it years ago it probably had the biggest impact on me. I remember the first time I did widow maker hack squats and my legs were twitching so bad I had to lay on the floor and puked.

Huge JP fan and love his training. He’s another guy I seek out every podcast, article, and video on. I like his diet recommendations that I’ve read where he likes to keep carbs around training only. Also I know if I watch one his training videos before I hit the gym it’s going to be a hell of workout

i had been reading various forums for a few years by the time cfp was originally posted but in all seriousness what a work of brilliance that thread was.

sad how many circles we have all gone in since the first post and how relevant it is and was.
if talking about shear impact on all this sillyness that thread was like the shot heard round the world, though fallen on many a deaf ear.
i think most here today dont realize just how much is owed to that one thread.

Dante, John Meadows, Scott Stevenson, Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, Eric Helms, Mike Mentzer's crazy ass, Dorian, Vince Gironda, Dave Draper, several others. I've also had many mentors over the years.

As far as training, it has evolved big time over the years but DC still has a big impact on the way I train. I was fortunate to be there when Dante had more free time and was able to explain himself in detail and answer the same question 9,476 times. Most from me.

Diet wise, I've always thrived on low carb, so that's what I do with peri workout carbs on training days. I eat very much the same way many guys from the Golden Era ate: steak, whole eggs, veggies, cottage cheese, avocadoand fresh fruit; namely blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple. I'm no longer insulin resistant, but keeping carbs fairly low (compared to most) just works for me and it's easy to keep body fat in check. Two to three days a week, usually on training days, I eat above maintenance and throw in extra carbs. Works for me. Protein typically around 250-300, carbs about 100, fats 100-125g.

Hernon, dante, Ken skip hill, wyldeone, zilla, meadows, lyle Mcdonald, Dave Palumbo, Scott Stevenson, and a brilliant man that doesn't get enough credit because he doesn't do a bunch of fancy panzi shit is Shelby Starnes.

Fortitude training right now (tough shit).
Diet right now ketogenic (I do very well on a fat based diet) with either a skip load of a very small shit load once every 7-10 days.

Hernon, dante, Ken skip hill, wyldeone, zilla, meadows, lyle Mcdonald, Dave Palumbo, Scott Stevenson, and a brilliant man that doesn't get enough credit because he doesn't do a bunch of fancy panzi shit is Shelby Starnes.

Diet right now ketogenic (I do very well on a fat based diet) with either a skip load of a very small shit load once every 7-10 days.

i was always curious if you carbed up from time to time.

skips shit back then like when those concepts first came out was mind blowing and fun! lol

I like keto approaches, so, Palumbo, Di Pascuale, Lyle...

In terms of training I like medium volume, high intensity and low frequency.

I would like to mention Matt Porter.

What happened to Shelby Starnes? Dude was amazing at getting people peeled. I followed his advice on ProM when he would toss out diet principles and such. He also was a super nice dude :)

What happened to Shelby Starnes? Dude was amazing at getting people peeled. I followed his advice on ProM when he would toss out diet principles and such. He also was a super nice dude :)

Shelby is still turning out PEELED female clients. He updates his IG often. I can’t say for sure but I remeber him saying he likes training females more. They stick to the plan better and don’t try to tweak his plans.

Those females of his are ripped to the damn bone.

Too many to list...

Just off the top of my head....Duchaine, Dante, the old MM2K mags, the old forums when I was in my late teens through the 90's, Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, Scott Stevenson, John Meadows, Eric helms, Skip, Nandi, Pat Arnold, macrophage69alpha, stewie, micro2000/cockdezl, pickapeck/glycomann, GotGame, FoodScienceBabe, Wilson6, my old female friend from the forums MS/Retropump, Par Deus, Derek Cornelius back in the 90's - he posted under the name unique, Bruce Kneller, Elzi Volk, Basskiller, Ulter, Dusty Hanshaw…..man, I could go on, but i'm going to end up leaving too many important people out:eek:

I've come to realise that no matter how much "slag iron" I push in the most precise and deliberate manner, no how much I time my intra-workout shake, no matter how carefully I rinse my beef and carefully chew it down with my post workout slice of Ezekiel bread washed down with aminos that it generally amounts to fuck all unless my hormones are in place especially once you are over 35. And no trt doses doesn't do it no matter what the liars and bullshitters claim. To be fit and healthy is one thing, to maintain a standard or appearance of muscularity is another

I enjoy and agree with a lot of Paul Carter's articles. His Push/Pull/Leg 6x per week workout has been my staple for quite a while.

Next up would be Jordan Peters, but I think his style is trending too much toward moving as much weight as possible in very low rep ranges with not much regard for training the muscle. It is still impressive to watch and the dude is huge so it obviously works.

I read everything I can from Dante Trudel as it just seems to make sense. I love rest pause style training and I love that you can use free weights, machines, cables etc. The only thing I don't like about DC training in general is that I only get to lift 3x per week. I actually enjoy going to the gym and I have the time to do it, so I am drawn to programs that allow me to train 6x per week.

BTW I have always been intrigued with counter culture styles of training like Phil Hernon, and I have given that total body 1-set to failure a go on a few different occasions, but it just doesn't fit my psyche.

BTW I have always been intrigued with counter culture styles of training like Phil Hernon, and I have given that total body 1-set to failure a go on a few different occasions, but it just doesn't fit my psyche.
FYI when I hired him, many years ago, his training routine was not like that. I love the original routine he gave me and am actually using it now. He lost me when he started coming up with some off the wall stuff like rest pause with one second between sets (Good luck with that on squats), and standing on a ball.

Too many to list...

Just off the top of my head....Duchaine, Dante, the old MM2K mags, the old forums when I was in my late teens through the 90's, Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, Scott Stevenson, John Meadows, Eric helms, Skip, Nandi, Pat Arnold, macrophage69alpha, stewie, micro2000/cockdezl, pickapeck/glycomann, GotGame, FoodScienceBabe, Wilson6, my old female friend from the forums MS/Retropump, Par Deus, Derek Cornelius back in the 90's - he posted under the name unique, Bruce Kneller, Elzi Volk, Basskiller, Ulter, Dusty Hanshaw…..man, I could go on, but i'm going to end up leaving too many important people out:eek:

Cant believe I wasn't mentioned!

JP, Dante, Nandi, BigCat, Lyle McDonald, John Meadows, B-Boy, Shelby, Big A, Alan Aragon, Stewie, Rex Feral, Dr. Scott, Dr. Michael Scally, Swale, Concilliator, Dr. Dean St Mart, loads more I cant recall...

Swifto.........:cool:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner