mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training fasted - empty stomach?!? Who does it?!?

Kauto_star

Registered
Just interested in this.

I train 5 times per week ; and i am thinking about doing 2 of those 5 workouts ; first thing on a morning ; in a fasted state.

Who here trains on an empty stomach ; and by that i mean no whey or anything before you train?!?

How do you find your fatigue levels and what about strengths ; etc ;?!?

Thanks all!?!

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of dudes that like to train like that, but personally I cannot do it. Doing some fasted cardio is one thing, but I cannot get thru a heavy session without something in my stomach.

I train legs first thing fasted on my day off work. Pop an eca and kills hunger. Workouts are fine no difference in strength or fatigue. Mind you, The rest of the day I am so hungry its almost impossible to eat enough.

i think fasted or not you're still going to have glycogen in your muscles to fuel your workout. i normally don't train fasted but have from time to time with no noticable difference.

I train fasted sometimes.
I never notice a difference. Like Tom said, you still have glycogen in your muscles.

there have been many threads about this topic. Almost everyone says they do it a lot. Personally I would prefer some protein and carbs in my system. I think this method could only work when trying to lean out. This is the only forum I have ever seen people support this method though.

Personally, I like it. I am a carb sensitive individual who has a tough time getting in shape without really watching carb intake. It will make you much more hungry throughout the day so you have to watch yourself.

Cortisol will be at it's highest generally, and that is not optimal for lbm.

I would at least incorporate BCAA's.

I love doing cardio early in the morning before eating anything. To me it is the best time to burn fat but I wouldn't do it for anything but cardio and cutting weight. Hit the weights later in the day after eating a couple meals.

I never really do it completely fasted.. But I will do it after a 14 hour fast, only taking in bcaas pre workout.

I do.

It has now become a lifestyle for me. I do pop a eca and a extra cup of coffee.

I train @ 6am, I like to get it out of the way, that is the main reason. This way I go to my home and I have both my doberman and my hot wife waiting for me and we can all have dinner together.

That's me though.

I would hate to come home at 6:30 (while my wife gets home at 4:30), change, train for a 45 min, then shower at 8, then cook and eat at 9pm while my wife waits for me as I do all the cooking.

That is the main reason why I train in the morning and train while I am fasted. I cant get up, eat then go to the gym.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of dudes that like to train like that, but personally I cannot do it. Doing some fasted cardio is one thing, but I cannot get thru a heavy session without something in my stomach.
Im the exact same way. I feel super weak lifting if I didn't have a prework out meal.

I work pretty early M - F so after a good nights rest on Friday night when I can sleep in little longer, I get up Sat with nothing and hit the gym. I don't feel any less energy at all. But I will say this, after my work out I am SO HUNGRY I could eat a COW!!!!

Try and see if you notice.

got to eat at least an hour before workout,but have trained fasted and its not to bad

as long as ive had a good nutritional day before it doesnt seem to effect me at all. the only thing ill take is a preworkout and it seems to be more effective on an empty stomach.

hmmm

the only training I've done fasted is cardio and even then I only did HIT cardio for about 20 mintues. Other than that I'd eat something that doesn't raise blood sugar levels so I can burn bf

Tried it in the past and feel weak and fatigued. In addition, I feel nauseas. I have to have a few meals in me before training.

Been doing it for the past 10 weeks during my cut. On a keto diet so no carbs for me. I do drink 15g BCAA's pre-during my workout. I love it.

I havent tried it but my wife was doing it for a while since there were many articles on how it was good for fat loss etc, but this was and Intermitant fasting protocol not exactly the same as the sticky but along the same guidelines.
The only thing it did for her was get her to not be obsessed with eating every 2-3 hours. It had no effect whatsoever on her body composition. I feel she was starving herself IMO waiting to eat etc, and she was taking in less calories without showing any change in bodyweight or composition.
Some ppl have had great results with it from what Ive read but Im not a firm believer from her experience.

i've been training 4yrs first a.m. coffee w- aspirin and 2-4 iu hgh, 15-30min later 15gms bcaa's then 15min later 25grms protein [whey]. great way to jump start anabolism and halt catabolism. Half hr later Just prior in the locker room 100grams fat digesting carbs, usually honey, then immediatly post 100 grms whey, then meals every 2 hrs.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
105octane
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner