mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training fasted - empty stomach?!? Who does it?!?

BCAA's and if I really need it a small serving of WMS in a big gallon jug of water, so that the sipping takes a long time.

Any other time I workout I get bonked if I eat too much even a few hours prior.

I've always felt better and had better workouts training first thing in the morning fasted. I've don't this for over 10 years. Though I know I do hold more muscle if I train after a couple of meals. But even then I can't train until about 2-3hrs. I just can't train hard with food in my stomach.

Last edited:
I've been doing this for about a year. I drink my coffee first thing, sometimes take 25mg ephedrine, and then drink 10g BCAAs. On the rare occasion that I do eat before working out, I actually tend to feel more lethargic than usual.

I also use a powerlifting type regimen. I don't know how I would feel with a BB-style workout. It might be a lot more taxing without some additional incoming glucose.

Been training fasted for the last few months and i enjoy it very much. BB.com seems to have a whole slew of people who swear by it and there's the lean gains site that gives you lots of " why you should train fasted" info. To each there own.

i've been training 4yrs first a.m. coffee w- aspirin and 2-4 iu hgh, 15-30min later 15gms bcaa's then 15min later 25grms protein [whey]. great way to jump start anabolism and halt catabolism. Half hr later Just prior in the locker room 100grams fat digesting carbs, usually honey, then immediatly post 100 grms whey, then meals every 2 hrs.

then you aren't fasted when you are training

for those of you that swear by this, do you do it to gain muscle too? I feel like it's more of a fat loss method

On days when I train early I will eat a banana and have some coffee on the way to the gym. Seems to last me till I get back home.

for those of you that swear by this, do you do it to gain muscle too? I feel like it's more of a fat loss method

Yes, I've gained most of my muscle training fasted. It's just lately within the last two years that I've learned that if I train after a couple of meals I can hold more muscle.

Tried it many times, and was fatigued quickly

From trial and error I noticed I was most energetic and strong after 3 meals.

So basically early afternoon time are the best time for my work outs

Morning ones, I felt depleted

:yeahthat:

I tried early morning lifting 15 years ago and was always weaker and/or easily fatigued. Especially on leg day (and some back), I would get lightheaded and sick pretty easily. I prefer to make the most of my workouts with a solid day of good nutrition behind me.

If you're an endomorph or have fat to lose, this approach might help your goals. I know I DON'T get nauseous when I train legs on an empty stomach, as opposed to an hour or two after a meal. It's getting up at 5:30 to do it that's the hard part for me...

I've trained fasted before without any issues; it is something you need to get used to over time. However, now I prefer to train on a near empty stomach. Initially it felt weird because I always felt hungry during my workouts. Overall, I do it because I don't like having that bloated feeling while training and it produces better blood flow.

I get up about 6am have some coffee, no sugar or cream then train fasted and hit 40 minutes of cardio every morning. Been doing it for about ten years.

I wake up drink coffee and hit the gym. Only everyonce in awhile i'll get something down before a workout.

I get up at roughly 5am and train whether it's cardio or weights. I am a morning person so it fits into my rhythm pretty good. I can tell you that it definitely is a lifestyle to follow.

Eca and or coffee has helped curb appetite as I stay fasted until 1pm. With just EAA/leucine. and it has given me the most notable changes, being that I am carb sensitive, stick to mostly fruits...

I guess if your not much of a morning person then why force yourself?

Nitro

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity