over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training split for pre-contest - Experience/Advice needed

9muscle9

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was thinking of training 7 days a week and taking rest days only when I feel like I need to.

I think a few guys on here including "Queefer" and "Mountaindog" if I remember correctly, do the same sort of approach when prepping for a show.

So my split would be something like this
Monday: Back (Width)
Tuesday:Chest + Arms
Wednesday:Legs (Hamstring focus)
Friday:Shoulders
Thursday:Back (Thickness)
Saturday:Legs (Quads focus)
Sunday: Triceps + Abs

Training like this at a higher pace with less rest between sets should help the fat loss process,I think that If I start doing a lot of cardio I look ropey and skinny.

So my main question was
- How can I decrease muscle soreness from a workout so that it doesn't interfere when I train it again later in the week, with my nutrition through Post workout carbs, supplements etc. Ive found consuming 200g-300g carbs post workout made up from waxy maize starch and maltodextrin helped a lot along with 60g of whey protein. But obviously I want to keep the carbs a little bit lower during dieting. Is there anything anyone else has used to help the muscle recovery that can be used on a diet?

Thanks in advance :)

Read anything by John Meadows about peri-workout nutrition and I think you will find your answer. 80% of your daily carbs meal before, during and meal after your workout.

Definitely foam roll, I started foam rolling about 2-3 months ago and my god I notice a HUGE difference!

If I were you...instead of doing a quad focused leg days and a ham focus...id hit them hard and heavy on one day....and then do a lighter, more explosive day later in the week.

The explosiveness will aid in CNS recovery.

I also wouldn't go straight into this split. Id start at maybe a 5 day per week and ramp up to this. Gives your body a chance to adapt to the volume a tad.

If I were you...instead of doing a quad focused leg days and a ham focus...id hit them hard and heavy on one day....and then do a lighter, more explosive day later in the week.

The explosiveness will aid in CNS recovery.

I also wouldn't go straight into this split. Id start at maybe a 5 day per week and ramp up to this. Gives your body a chance to adapt to the volume a tad.

Sounds good, I think ill do something similar to that then.

I think ill still squat on both days, but use chains and bands with hardly any weight on the explosive day.

:)

I'm more of a DC or yates type of guy. But recently have gone more toward a mountaindog style of training. I have found that bcaa pre/during workouts, plus pre and postworkout shakes are very important on rrcovery. Plus extra, deeper sleep. Also on certain days i do what I call recovery workouts. Just pushing blood into the muscles. Right now i do 5 or 6 workouts per week.

No matter how good your diet is or how many drugs your on, u should still have a day off atleast once a week I would think

I'm more of a DC or yates type of guy. But recently have gone more toward a mountaindog style of training. I have found that bcaa pre/during workouts, plus pre and postworkout shakes are very important on rrcovery. Plus extra, deeper sleep. Also on certain days i do what I call recovery workouts. Just pushing blood into the muscles. Right now i do 5 or 6 workouts per week.

Im very similar, ive stuck to heavy weight and low reps and low sets for a long time, It seems to work for a while but ive come to a bit of a stop with growth so im going to try some high reps and more volume now.

I was only training 3 days a week for a while, then bumped it up to 4, now im doing 5 days a week. I think ill train every day apart from sunday for my prep.

And enjoy carbs on a sunday! :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner