over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Splits!

tay

Banned
What's in your Goal and Split?

I'm very instinctive I feel like it's a waste to really track down what you are doing in terms of the WHOLE week. I rather take approaches day by day if not every day to two days maximum.

As such...

Day by day: do a big body part with a little to no emphasize on a minor bodypart.

Every second day: incorporate abdominal work (bodyweight) and calves.

I feel like for calves just doing two exercises really heavy, pyramiding up the weight and reps! is all you need. I see people doing 10 exercises for calfs. Cmon guys don't do this trust me. All you need is two exercises of just 4-5 sets each pyramiding up the weight focusing on the movement, very slow contraction, squeezing.

You can do 4 exercises for calfs once in awhile to shock it. However that's 4 exercises pairing two exercises supersets, twice.

For abdominal I think it's a waste to train them for more than 10-20min. All you ever need is 3 exercises max. 4 if you're doing giant-sets or supersets. what worked for me is this but I do it once a week when dieting.

Decline Crunches
Cable Crunches
Hanging Leg Raises superset Situps

many compound movements work your core indirectly such as deadlifts, bench and squats!!!!

I also want to note I made my greatest achievements by training like the 70s-80s bodybuilders in the Golden Era. higher volume and higher frequency of training each bodypart 2-3x a week. I don't do that often now a days I stick to more instinctive training going by what I FEEL I must train that day. For example If I don't have the energy to train back but my body has the feeling to hit delts. It will be apparent to you as a in individual that you're body has this instinctive gut-feeling that it wants to train specifically! delts for example or arms today instead of any other bodypart. I am sure you all know what I mean.

I also do not ever have a Arm day. I feel like it's a waste of a day. Arms are done in terms of low-volume such as all you ever need is 2-3 exercises max for biceps and 3-4 exercises max for tricep. So why have an arm day? I just do 2 exercises on top of Deltoids or Back (mainly back) and do Triceps on top of Chest or Deltoids (mainly chest) with juts 2-3 exercises of such

Biceps:
Preacher Curls 3 sets all out
Incline DB or Seated DB curls 3 sets all out
EZ-Barbell Curls 3 sets all out

I may add overhead cable curls for 3 sets failures at the end of that bicep routine to exhaust once in awhile

Triceps:
Close-Grip Bench Press 3 sets all out
Decline Bench SkullCrushers (Alternating Dumbbells and EZ-Bars)
Bench Dips 3 sets all out

I may add EZ-Bar attachment cable pushdowns for 4 sets failures at the end of that tricep routine to exhaust the tricep once in awhile
Okay I'll shut up lol!

Legs

Calves/Delts/Traps

Back/Bis

Calves/Chest/Tris

Repeat

i like training arms but train them with shoulders. otherwise kinda stupid imo aswell unless everything else was hit. and i totaly agree with you bro. u dont nessiarly need a split as long as your hitting everything hardcore each week with enough rest.

I went from 212 lbs at 22%bf to 172 at 10%bf by doing 1 hour of cardio at 6am on way to work on an empty stomach n 1 hour of weight training at 4pm on my way home from work for 12 weeks, monday thru friday. I think lifting twice a day is too much!

well...ponder this

take the top ten winners from 10 different contests and for uniformity lets make them all from the lightheavy division. chances are you will have 10 different splits, training routines and diets. now if you randomly assign every one of them a routine from the ten that's not thiers, would they still have won?

Congrats!

Naturally or enhanced lol?

I went from 212 lbs at 22%bf to 172 at 10%bf by doing 1 hour of cardio at 6am on way to work on an empty stomach n 1 hour of weight training at 4pm on my way home from work for 12 weeks, monday thru friday. I think lifting twice a day is too much!

my instinct tells me to hit biceps, triceps and chest all day everyday! LOL :D

my 2 cents

I currently train two upper and lower workouts a week. Usually mon squats, tues Some form of bench and upper back , wed off or conditioning work, thurs deadlifts and abs, Fri military press and tris and bis.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws