over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training talk with Bulselmo.

terryd5150

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Training talk with Buselmo.

Bulselmo: You advocate frequent abs training.

Based on your results, I'm not going to argue that. In fact, I'm going to try it myself. I really enjoyed your take on using a different approach.

My question for you is, do you recommend weight/resistance when doing so, or just using your own bodyweight?

I posted this in the open forum instead of PMing because you and other BBer's in your area of the world seem to have an aesthetic appearance that we don't have much of in the US.

Personally, that's the look I strive more for; not the bloated mass-monster build.

I think a few people would enjoy your "non-Americanized" approach to training.

*** P.S. Mods, can you please fix the thread title: I misspelled "Buselmo". Thanks.***

Last edited:
I dont think the bloated mass monster look has to do with training. It has to do with drug usage. Also to be 140kg you ARE going to get this 'look'. JMO

I dont think the bloated mass monster look has to do with training. It has to do with drug usage. Also to be 140kg you ARE going to get this 'look'. JMO

I appreciate your input; however, I think Buselmo and his fellow non-American BBer's are going to dissagree with you.

Also, keep in mind that not every BBer WANTS to be 140 kg.

I'm happy at 108 kgs, but I'd like to have more of the aesthetic apprearance that the Saudi/Middle Eastern BBers have.

Last edited:
I appreciate your input; however, I think Buselmo and his fellow non-American BBer's are going to dissagree with you.

Also, keep in mind that not every BBer WANTS to be 140 kg.

I'm happy at 108 kgs, but I'd like to have more of the aesthetic apprearance that the Saudi/Middle Eastern BBers have.

Me and Buselmo have talked about this(im not american either) and ill tell you that even though middle eastern bodybuilders want to get huge, weight is not something we care about. Most arabs don't want to increase their weight as you think, we care about being 'tight' and the lower the weight, the better. Hell most arabs dont even know what they weigh - buselmo can chip on this as wel .

Bulselmo: You advocate frequent abs training.

Based on your results, I'm not going to argue that. In fact, I'm going to try it myself. I really enjoyed your take on using a different approach.

My question for you is, do you recommend weight/resistance when doing so, or just using your own bodyweight?

*** P.S. Mods, can you please fix the thread title: I misspelled "Buselmo". Thanks.***

i recall reading a book long ago, when i was a teen. i can't remember the name but it talked about certain muscles in out bodies naturally have different ratios's of fast and slow twitch fibers. based on this, certain rep ranges and weights are more suited to certain bodyparts. something like the legs will have more slow twitch since they are a muscle that we use all the time for locomotion, so use more reps. i remember reading the the abs have a large amount of fast twitch fibers, meaning they should be trained with heavy weight and low reps. thats the opposite of how most people train abs. i have done abs with plates and low reps and i like the feeling a get a lot better than high reps

just my .02 :)

charles poliquin has done a lot of research with fast/slow twitch in certain muscles and how to train them effectively...i believe that book your referring to is by Tudor Bompa (spelling?) I have it at home back in Indiana...

Bulselmo has spoken on the drug protocol differences. They use less testosterone than US bodybuilders and just up the androgens. They also don't eat as much calories, if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to Bulselmo's input ......

a thread... with my name on it? how cute :D
LOL

ok... here's how i see it ... you don't train your abs for them to be big... i'm not gonna be overly technical here with the naming cuz i'm right above the "retard" line but...

training with heavy weights and skipping the ab training will cause your upper abdominal muscles and obliques to take a pretty big hit. plus, you aren't training them per se, you are only making them hold a load cuz they're still. whoever says you are getting enough abdominal stimulation by training heavy should also believe (but he won't) that your chest gets enough stimulation by going half way up on bench press, holding it for 10-12 seconds then racking the weight... cuz that's what your abs are doing... they are not going through a range of motion, and they aren't getting full stimulation, and you are basically "teaching them" to partially relax and partially flex/work...

train abs with weights if you are a bodybuilder... but don't do rope crunches with 350 lbs... something to make you fail like a normal person at the 40-50 rep mark per set. your abs are probably very powerful... so trying to do 300 reps without weights will probably stress your upper back, neck, and abductors (or whatever those little muscles are called) since they don't have the stamina/endurance to do that.

develop ALL OF YOUR ABDOMINAL MUSCLES!!! upper, lower, obliques, and the inner wall of your abdomin... yes... do a shit ton of rope crunches or hanging raises if you haven't trained abs for a while... what happens after only two sets? you find your gut starts going in! (atleast that's what happens to me) there are muscles behind your abdominal wall that also need to be stimulated to be ... well... for lack of a better word... flexed and tensed up all the time. that's how you get your stomach to be arched inwards instead of outwards and having a 6 pack hanging gut.

this, ofcourse, has nothing to do with gaining 100 kg over your own bodyweight and expecting to have a 29 inch waist...
being that big will only cause palumboism anyway. you'll notice that for each 10 lbs of "muscle" you gain, your arms go up 0.1 inches, legs go up 0.1 inches, and waist goes up 2 inches.

buselmo could you share your arm routine? and what poundages do you use?

buselmo could you share your arm routine? and what poundages do you use?

I don't have a specific routine... but the most exercises i do for arms are
alternate dumbbell curls for biceps
usually i stick with 45-55 lbs, but sometimes i turn into a retard and use the 75 lb dumbbells for 5-7 reps with terrible form... the kind of form where you feel every muscle in your body working except your biceps! LOL

triceps... close grip bench press... hands down the best exercise for "mass"... i usually go for 275 lbs. the only time i was repping 315 lbs like it was nothing on this exercise was when i had some real anadrol (that was the only time i had real anadrol... all anadrol after that was probably pressed powdered sugar.

shoulders lateral raises... around 60-65 lbs dumbbells for 6-8 reps... usually i just stick with the same weights as biceps on this... tried doing military presses last week... and i yelled the same way my wife yelled when she was giving birth and asking for an epidural... i believe my shoulders are permanently fucked right now and i have passed the line of recovery.

but you shouldn't ask me about my arm routine. they grew quickly (13 inches to 15.5 in 3 years natural... and those 15.5 inches were when i was in a contest)... took them a year with gear to hit 17.5...
if you're gonna ask me something, ask me how my chest grew from looking like a 12 year old girl's chest to a 15 year old boy who does push up's chest. cuz that fucker won't grow for shit! and i made it grow, just a little :D

buselmo please share your thoughts on training in geral not only arms lol

it's nice that this thread came out, I have been thinking about asking your opinions on training.... I always enjoy your posts but you only talk about gear :D:D:D

cheers

i love reading bulselmos advice.

bro id be interested in hearing about your shoulder issues, i have a torn labrum in my left i train around. id also like to hear your thoughts on sleep and if you think getting 8 hours is overrated or needed, and if any additional sleep over that would lead to additional gains. just something on my mind i was going to start a thread about anyway because i have been screwing myself over in the sleep department latley lol

shoulders lateral raises... around 60-65 lbs dumbbells for 6-8 reps... usually i just stick with the same weights as biceps on this... tried doing military presses last week... and i yelled the same way my wife yelled when she was giving birth and asking for an epidural... i believe my shoulders are permanently fucked right now and i have passed the line of recovery.

How did you injure your shoulder? Is it from too many overhead presses in the past?

Also, I'd like to echo the requests for more of your thoughts on training.

if you're gonna ask me something, ask me how my chest grew from looking like a 12 year old girl's chest to a 15 year old boy who does push up's chest. cuz that fucker won't grow for shit! and i made it grow, just a little :D

Hey bro, how did you get your chest to grow??

There are some big boys over here in the middle east. I see alot of high volume training going on. Have a freind here worked out with him and he does set after set after set. Looking good buselmo. MM

develop ALL OF YOUR ABDOMINAL MUSCLES!!! upper, lower, obliques, and the inner wall of your abdomin... yes... do a shit ton of rope crunches or hanging raises if you haven't trained abs for a while... what happens after only two sets? you find your gut starts going in! (atleast that's what happens to me) there are muscles behind your abdominal wall that also need to be stimulated to be ... well... for lack of a better word... flexed and tensed up all the time. that's how you get your stomach to be arched inwards instead of outwards and having a 6 pack hanging gut.

Absolutely. The transversus should be trained... if only I could find the motivation to start doing it... might lose this "gh gut". :D

buselmo please share your thoughts on training in geral not only arms lol

it's nice that this thread came out, I have been thinking about asking your opinions on training.... I always enjoy your posts but you only talk about gear :D:D:D

cheers

training is not rocket science... any retard could do it... but with the internet and all these forums and all the "info" out there, you start getting people talking about overtraining and crap... so how can we fight overtraining??? i know! let's do 12 sets instead of 20!... then a couple of years later... 6 sets... then it's 3 sets... then it's 1 set? da fuck?!

your body is smarter than you are... don't you go to the gym sometimes and feel like you want to do curls for 3 hours straight? fucking do it! you just trained triceps the day before and you have legs today... after doing some squats you feel like you really wanna do so rope pushdowns... do it!

I used to think the whole "shock your body" stuff was absolute bullshit... but there is some "science" to it... you should have a fixed training schedule (that changes whenever your bored and not depending on your gains) BUT whenever your body tells you to do something, do it.

but personally... after 3 years of moderate/high volume training, then 5 years of low volume, then 1 year of high volume again... i would definately say that high volume is way better AND MUCH MORE FUN than low volume.

i love reading bulselmos advice.

bro id be interested in hearing about your shoulder issues, i have a torn labrum in my left i train around. id also like to hear your thoughts on sleep and if you think getting 8 hours is overrated or needed, and if any additional sleep over that would lead to additional gains. just something on my mind i was going to start a thread about anyway because i have been screwing myself over in the sleep department latley lol

heavy training (ego training) and pushing myself to get stronger instead of actually becoming stronger. also, i have weird bone structure especially around the clavicle... it's kind of curved... you can't see it in pictures but if we ever met you'd know what i'm talking about :)... all of these things contributed to the shoulder injuries i've had. and we don't have any good doctors here (except for one in riyadh but it's too much of a hassle to go there)... so, meh, screw it :)

as for sleep... 8 hours? that's what i used to get religiously! turns out, bullshit. your wasting valuable time you should spend with your family or doing things you love. research whatever you can on sleep and you'd find that it's not the quantity, it's the quality. you can sleep 5 hours a night and be just fine and GROW just fine.

just something i'd like to note... this is not shit i'm coming up with... it's nothing new or controversial... i'm not trying to go against the grain with any idea here but people should wake up a bit and try some old ideas with training, diet, supplements, and aas... there haven't been any advancements in training or shit... and just to prove it... bring out any line up of pros in 2011 and you'll see people complaining about how they look like shit and how the bodybuilders in the 80's and 90's look sooo much better... so much for advancement :D ;)

Hey bro, how did you get your chest to grow??

light weight and gironda style training...
flat bench press with a very wide grip and bar going down to your neck... elbows flared out... if you try to do it with heavy weights, you'll break your shit! LOL...

incline smith machine presses done the same way
dips down like gironda says

after you learn how to isolate your chest, you'd understand that the bigger the stretch at the bottom by flaring out the elbows, the more stimulation you'd get.

people with shitty chests have big tris and delts for a reason... it's because they never learned how to stimulate chest correctly (mostly due to having fucked up structure)

light weight and gironda style training...
flat bench press with a very wide grip and bar going down to your neck... elbows flared out... if you try to do it with heavy weights, you'll break your shit! LOL...

incline smith machine presses done the same way
dips down like gironda says

after you learn how to isolate your chest, you'd understand that the bigger the stretch at the bottom by flaring out the elbows, the more stimulation you'd get.

people with shitty chests have big tris and delts for a reason... it's because they never learned how to stimulate chest correctly (mostly due to having fucked up structure)

Im glad you've posted this up buselmo, im looking for any tips i can use on training my chest....for me my chest is what seperates me from having my ideal physique (im not braggin) but something i am happy with, the ability to walk around topless in public...i never feel comfortable because my chest feels small and shaped like shit....

Are these the only excercises you done? with high volume, i am definetly going to give this a try...and your right...my triceps and delts have always been said to be my "best feature" yet my chest is shit.

Im glad you've posted this up buselmo, im looking for any tips i can use on training my chest....for me my chest is what seperates me from having my ideal physique (im not braggin) but something i am happy with, the ability to walk around topless in public...i never feel comfortable because my chest feels small and shaped like shit....

Are these the only excercises you done? with high volume, i am definetly going to give this a try...and your right...my triceps and delts have always been said to be my "best feature" yet my chest is shit.

yes actually... which i forgot to mention... after you destroy your chest with a shit ton of volume (you have to do that if you decrease the weights), head to the cables and do some crossovers or pecdeck... but the key is to do the last 10% of the positive range of motion. as in, if your arms are crossed or together, you only open them up until they're at shoulder width, then squeeze the shit out of your chest... you will be able to do very high reps on this since this is only a short range of motion, and that area of the chest hasn't been stimulated a lot due to focusing on the stretch and not the squeeze in the previous sets.

after doing this, especially if you're on gear, you will feel like your chest is about to explode!

during my last run, although i didn't gain any appreciable muscle mass (2-4 lbs at best), my chest looked totally different!

that's when i stopped believing in "you can't isolate a certain part of the muscle. you just work with what you have"...

let me tell you... 5 or 6 years back, the peaks on my biceps were much better than what i have now... that's why in my next run i'm gonna train a bit differently... will start in 2 weeks and will start a log with pics and measurements on a weekly basis.

still debating whether to use 8 iu of gh per day for 8 weeks or save up and add on it in september to run it longer :eek:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear